About The Whole 3 Year Thing....

Itchigo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

And ledwiz support! :)

I've got a mapping already for the table.  I'll share it as well once I get the OK to load the table.  I think we are pretty close.  The table has been OKed.  Just working on a BG and some media pack files.

• Content Provider

85vett,

How the hell do you make these tables!? 

I would love to contribute something to the community in some way, All your tables you've done are top notch! 

Thanks for the kind words.  Honestly, I just started with upgrading tables.  Each table I completed I learned something new.  After doing a couple I got to know some of the other builders whom I learned a lot from by asking questions when getting stuck.  Scripting is still hard for me but I'm learning as well as physics changes.  I'm super picky which leads for taking a long time to get things done but I think it makes for a better table.  The Pirates table I posted a pic of took aprox 150-200 hours as I redrew nearly everything.

I just found their were several tables I wanted on my cab and I didn't feel right asking for someone else to build them so I decided to sit down and learn how to build a table. 

My suggestion to anyone who wants to learn is to take an old table and play with it.  That's the best way to learn.  Also, know your strengths.  Mine is the graphics while scripting is not so I've teamed up with scripters to build tables (that's how Playboy got built).

• Content Provider

Thanks for the kind words.  Honestly, I just started with upgrading tables.  Each table I completed I learned something new.  After doing a couple I got to know some of the other builders whom I learned a lot from by asking questions when getting stuck.  Scripting is still hard for me but I'm learning as well as physics changes.  I'm super picky which leads for taking a long time to get things done but I think it makes for a better table.  The Pirates table I posted a pic of took aprox 150-200 hours as I redrew nearly everything.

I just found their were several tables I wanted on my cab and I didn't feel right asking for someone else to build them so I decided to sit down and learn how to build a table. 

My suggestion to anyone who wants to learn is to take an old table and play with it.  That's the best way to learn.  Also, know your strengths.  Mine is the graphics while scripting is not so I've teamed up with scripters to build tables (that's how Playboy got built).

I can identify with what you have expressed!

I am a fan of "Hook" but I could not play him in my cab, then I started to make changes to the old vercion jamin not satisfied with the results I decided to start from scratch. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that if you put your mind .. you can create a table and learn as you go.

Sorry for the Offtopic ..
The table looks excellent, can not wait to play him ..

Cheers, Javier..

• Content Provider

Great tips! i will try ripping into a table this winter.

Either take apart an existing game, or get my templates. The base table is pre-coded, the only things you have to code are what you add to them. They also have coding for Direct b2s in them too. ;)

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=44

• Content Provider

Good news.  Just uploaded the table and media pack.  Just going to be pending admin approvals before you can see it so keep an eye out for it.

Sorry for the delay.  My wife threw me a surprise birthday party today so I've been busy :-)

Off to building the next table.   Hope you all enjoy this one!

Good news.  Just uploaded the table and media pack.  Just going to be pending admin approvals before you can see it so keep an eye out for it.

Sorry for the delay.  My wife threw me a surprise birthday party today so I've been busy :-)

Off to building the next table.   Hope you all enjoy this one!

Happy Birthday!  Thanks for your hard work

• Content Provider

I just got a torrent from a friend ;)  and I noticed Sam tables in it! So if they're already being done on one platform......

(No idea how good they are, have a MOUNTAIN of tables to go through).

• Content Provider

Edit: I should have mentioned the SAM tables are FP. Sorry about that. randr, there's a torrent at Pleasuredome that has all this. I couldn't get it, but a friend sent it to me. Not sure if he wants his name mentioned, so I won't.

I think you have to join Pleasuredome.com, then look up vp torrent- or something like that. I was a member there, but they "shitlisted" me- due to being inactive.

• Content Provider

No need.  You'll be covered as soon as the 3 years is up.  FP does it early as they don't use the ROMS.

P.S. - In the process of submitting another table for you all.  I got approval from the co-builder to release it.  I have one more that shows to be older than 3 years old as well.  I'm finishing it up and will hopefully release it this week :-)

Here's what I'm loading now though.

No need.  You'll be covered as soon as the 3 years is up.  FP does it early as they don't use the ROMS.

P.S. - In the process of submitting another table for you all.  I got approval from the co-builder to release it.  I have one more that shows to be older than 3 years old as well.  I'm finishing it up and will hopefully release it this week :-)

Here's what I'm loading now though.

Awesome!  They had this machine at the local arcade but it has since been moved out for newer sterns.  Gonna be nice to play it again.  :D

• Content Provider

Dazz found a bug I created when I added some lights.  Fixed them and am working to get it uploaded.   I need to finish one other table first but then I'll make a few more updates to Avatar and release a version 2.  It could use animated targets and a couple of graphical things but I figured it was a good playing table that was ready for version 1.0 since I don't know how long it will be until I get to doing more updates on it.

For some reason, avatar is listed on the S. website as a "current title"  and "in production".  But then again, S. is not great at updating their website.  Also production started more than 3 years ago, but when did it actually end? We cant be sure, but is was less than 3 years ago for sure.   Maybe they are even considering a rerun, to coincide with the sequel?

edit:  i personally would welcome a VP version of avatar.  S. was clearly not upset with the FP version, so they will probably be okay with (or not even notice) the VP version. But i thought i would note the question that arises:   3 years after production start, or 3 years after production ends?  Logically, i would say 3 years after the last one was manufactured.

Archived