Wishlist for Releases in 2023....

Bertone

I'm pretty new here... but... 

I've been watching some videos on Magic Girl.  I know it's a VPW work in progress, but haven't seen info about it lately and can't seem to find their discord.  I'd be happy to see this one release. :) 

1968 wlms lady luck               1966midway funball

1964 wlms river boat                1966 bally bazaar

1969 wlms suspense                 1970 chicago coin 

1954 wlms screamo                   1963 wlms swing time

1964 red baron                             1961 wlms  add-a-ball

1977 stern rawhide                     1960 gtb world beauties

1957 wlms naples                        1957 wlms steeple chase

1966  gtb hurdy gurdy               1962 wlms cocquette

1957 gtb silver

1968 bally op pop pop

Edited by rockhouse1955
spelling

• Content Provider
45 minutes ago, fursphere said:

Can VPX even do that kind of screen/table overlay?  

I can think of a couple ways to do it- the bigger problem is that the 2k system isn't emulated in pinmame 😢

For me, I'd like to see - 

01) Elvira's House of Horrors

02) Godzilla

03) James Bond (either Dr No, Thunderball or You Only Live Twice versions)

04) The Mandalorian

05) Star Wars (Stern)

06) Jurassic Park (Stern)

07) Avengers Infinity Quest

08) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Stern)

09) Attack from Mars remake

10) Medieval Madness remake

11) Monster Bash remake

12) Black Knight Sword of Rage

13) Aerosmith (Stern)

14) WWE Wrestlemania/Legends of Wrestlemania

• Administrators
14 hours ago, namine said:

For me, I'd like to see - 

01) Elvira's House of Horrors

02) Godzilla

03) James Bond (either Dr No, Thunderball or You Only Live Twice versions)

04) The Mandalorian

05) Star Wars (Stern)

06) Jurassic Park (Stern)

07) Avengers Infinity Quest

08) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Stern)

09) Attack from Mars remake

10) Medieval Madness remake

11) Monster Bash remake

12) Black Knight Sword of Rage

13) Aerosmith (Stern)

14) WWE Wrestlemania/Legends of Wrestlemania

I really don't think people realize what it takes to bring any Stern Spike 1, Spike 2 games to life...  Guardians and Batman 66 took over a year each.  I'm not sure about Iron Maiden as I haven't dove into it very much, but each game has over 30,000 lines of code.  It took tons of hours just to capture the display screen.  Neither game is near 100% accurate to the real machine. Batman 66 is really close and a great attempt for a fan tribute, but it took a lot of people a lot of time and effort to recreate.  I personally couldn't care less if any of the Spike 2 games are done for a long time.  These games are a dime a dozen and many barcades/retrocades have them available for play.  I personally know people that have every game on this list with exception of Wrestlemania and James Bond is arriving in a few days (I think we are going to pick it up this weekend). It's nice to see teams taking the time to do it, but they are more of a liability to the hobby at this point. *IF* Stern wanted to drop the hammer on the hobby... it would be because of these.  If you want to go by VPF rules, none of these games on this list would be available for recreation for several more years.  We see them as fan tributes as they don't use any manufacture code.

Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, and Monster Bash remakes?  These games have been re-created dozens of times.  Having played the CGC remakes many many times; the "remakes" have nothing to add code wise.  Hardware wise they are pretty rock solid.

Personally... My wish list is to see see Scorbit enabled for all possible games.  - This is being worked on.  Other than that; I'd love to see someone working on actual Pinball 2000 emulation as well as Spike 1.  Pinball 2000 is long overdue and Spike 1, as per agreements, is the next system that we can actually emulate.

Leave the Stern Spike 2, Jersey Jack, Chicago Gaming, Pinball Brothers, etc. alone for now and stop poking the bears.

Ive always been for people being able to create whatever their hearts desire to create. So, create whatever you want.

1.Avengers infinity quest - actually tried to create one myself but after HDD failed I stoped this project.

2.Deadpool - yeah we have the amazing one that jpsalas created, wish we had a new pup with as close as possible videos and menu to the original on pup dmd and it would be amazing

On 12/27/2022 at 5:47 PM, Zuxiff said:

VPW Gods, please grant me my wish and release a proper, fully scripted with puppack, Black Knight: Sword of Rage! It is probably the only real table left that doesn't have a good, modern VPX version, that I really want to have. The WIP version(s) are a great start, but it needs proper physics, lighting, scripting, puppack, modes, gameplay, etc...

I know I have asked a few others about doing it, not really expecting much! But I have found when I started to just reach out to some of the creators, and give my thanks and possibly make a suggestion. And every person so far I have messaged has at least responded to me, which I wasn't expecting. Was able to get some hints or clues to tables that are WIP. And in one case I even received a private mod of a table that I had asked about, but is apparently blacklisted to post or something. Obviously I won't say anymore, but it's just an example of what can happen when you reach out to someone. It never hurts to ask :).

(Dream Team Collaboration for Sword of Rage would be the VPW team, Daphisbowl scripting it all similar to GOTG 2.0 and now after the recent, amazing Game of Thrones release, the very talented Skillman 😁😉.)

P.S. - VPW Fish Tales version perhaps?? (Blender toolkit version?? 😶🤔) I desperately want a really updated, good playing Fish Tales. Love that table.

P.S.S. - I know Medieval Madness was on the WIP list by VPW!! I still hope that is true, being my favorite pinball machine. I also think MM could really use a thorough update pass, and with newer improvements in VPX and with Blender, it could look soooo incredible.. Please release Medieval Madness sooner than later, if it is not already planned to release soon(ish). I would greatly appreciate it!! 😁😅

2023 I can already feel is going to be the best year EVER for virtual pinball. With so many amazing releases and table updates already WIP, that are getting released next year, who knows what ISN'T announced yet!!

VPW4Life 🥇

How can you see what VPW are currently working on?

On 1/5/2023 at 4:16 PM, buskimanu said:

Big Guns!!   would be awesome, old VP9 is very old

Big Lebowski is a dream but who knows...

Those would be great , but everything released is a great gift to the community

There's always the Dude in the meantime. 

Edited by Gravy