NEW! FizX physics system reveal! Is it possible? nFozzy techniques adapted for Future Pinball-BAM?

• Content Provider

NEW! FizX physics system reveal! (Future Pinball - BAM)

Is it possible? nFozzy techniques adapted for Future Pinball-BAM?

What everyone thought was impossible has happened! Future Pinball is no longer bound to it's 17 year old physics! JLou and AnonTet (with contributions from ravarcade and Gimli) have used the power of ravarcade's amazing BAM to adapt nFozzy physics techniques (used in VPX)  to work in Future Pinball!

What does this mean?

- a complete physics change for the entire table

- new updated dynamic physics adjusted in realtime during gameplay

- no more FP flippers (FP flippers are GONE!)

- no more wide flipper shots

- fully accurate and realistic flippers (adjustable)

- dynamic flipper coils and eos switch (no more on/off flippers)

- micro flips, tap passes, drop catches, post passes, and other flipper tricks

- live catch difficulty is adjustable

- slingshots are no longer super sensitive (adjustable)

- slingshots use new techniques for more realistic operation

- ball has a real weight to it (no more balloon ball)

- rubbers are all replaced, fully dynamic and adjustable

- rubbers no longer send the ball flying everywhere

- drop targets now have dynamic / scatter physics

- bumpers use better models and act more realistically

- optional higher polygon ball (8000+) for more accurate physics

- optional higher fps settings for more accurate physics

- more realistic physics and proper control overall

It simply means that now tables can be updated to play with more realistic physics overall in ways we never thought possible on FP. You can accurately make your shots and aim more like you would on a real table.

Does this mean FP can play as good as VPX nFozzy?

I wouldn't go that far (VPX guys know their physics really well).... but this is a MASSIVE improvement to FP overall, and I think "everyone" will be very surprised with the result compared to what they have come to expect with FP physics. It can only get better from here.

I'm VERY happy to be able to add this new physics system to my own releases. I've already seen a huge difference, and their gameplay is much better as a result.

For everyone who wished that my releases were on VPX.... you may no longer feel that way very soon when all PinEvent V2 tables get updated for FizX!

Coming soon!

Thanks to the following for making FizX possible:

- JLou and AnonTet for working hard on this for the last year. Your perseverance has paid off!
- ravarcade for making this possible with his amazing BAM and his support
- Gimli (the unsung FP hero) for his physics contributions and DF1 examples over the years

• Content Provider

*** FizX Profiles and Early Tests ***

So... I've been busy learning how to add FizX to Sonic Pinball Mania and Star Wars DSA GE. Adding it is the easy part now.... learning what the many new settings and options do is harder for me (I'm not a physics guy). So I've been slowly getting this to a point where its really playing nice (with JLou and AnonTet's help).

Unlike before with FP (where updated physics were mostly the same)... now I have the burden of trying to get physics that most people will like. Something I'm not used to.

===== Testers =====

So I've had some VP guys and authors test Sonic out with FizX.

JPSalas said he only needed to adjust one setting for his own preferences. The rest he thought was perfect and he really liked how it played.

Others have used their own settings as well for how they prefer things.... and once set, they liked it much more. They understand this stuff better than I do 

Everyone who has tested it has seen the difference and improvements right away, but now with "options"... everyone can now be picky (whereas before FizX, everyone just accepted FP for being FP).

So how do I try to make most people happy?

===== FizX Profiles =====

Well, I decided to try to see about adding FizX profiles to my releases. This will allow you to simply choose a physics profile, then change the FPS to match (Newton physics fps... not Hz).

This will allow for very different settings to be possible on the same table. This also also allows faster PCs to be able to have even better physics by choosing a profile with higher FPS.

This may not be something others will use on their tables... but its something I'm trying out to see if works better for everyone to have a choice.

Even when I finally start releasing FP tables with FizX... it doesn't mean that's as good as it gets. People will learn better how to tweak everything, and JLou still has more ideas (he's on vacation).

Sonic Pinball Mania - FizX should be coming soon.... with Star Wars DSA GE not too far behind!

image.thumb.png.652f99f6b9ae73456a5c41c33d4347f4.png

image.thumb.png.3e3bcd9072a888787487c3b760934d72.png

image.thumb.png.43a31aa42b8a0ef7cda2a2e0e9d1a568.png

• Content Provider

FizX for Future Pinball - BAM

- Basic walkthrough and quick first demo of Sonic Pinball Mania -

I've been busy learning how to add FizX to FP tables, and the results (when you get to play them) are awesome. I'm simply not good at tweaking physics (I prefer the "creative" stuff), but I still can't believe these are my own releases being played on FP.

This video demo isn't the greatest showcase. I'm not the best player with the new FizX as I'm still "adjusting" compared to old FP physics, but I think it shows some of the big differences there are with the flippers, slings, rubbers, and the weight of the ball, and other improvements.

You really need to play it to "feel" the difference... especially when you go back and try the same table without FizX!

Coming Soon to PinEvent V2 tables!

To clarify.... yes the "fps=" is supposed to be 592 (like the instructions say).... not 596 like I had typed in. Read the friggin instructions as I said... haha.

• Content Provider

Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2 - FizX) - Future Pinball - BAM

1.4 - FizX update! Now Available!

The highly anticipated first PinEvent V2 table to use the new FizX physics system for FP is here! The days of FP's old physics are gone!

FizX

This table has been fully updated with FizX for game changing new physics on Future Pinball. The old Future Pinball physics are GONE! FizX uses techniques similar to nFozzy on VPX to completely change the physics for the flippers, slings, rubbers, targets, ball behavior and more that allows this table play much more realistically than anyone ever thought was possible on Future Pinball.

You will be amazed at the difference!

FizX Profiles and settings

You can easily choose from different preset FizX physics settings in the table script. Some use a higher FPS for the physics (this requires a fast PC), others use stronger flippers!
You aren't limited by this however. You can change all of FizX's settings to completely tweak and adjust the physics to your own preference!

Read the Install Instructions for more information.

Changelog (v1.4)

- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added plastics reflective layer
- added new GI shadows layer
- added second stage flippers option
- added speed booster to right wireramp to ensure ball completes loop if hitting bots
- fixed Ball Saver not activating when launching a new ball (you can now adjust the time in TABLE OPTIONS)

As always... READ the included Install Instructions for all the information you need. It also includes a FAQ that will answer most questions.

I really hope you guys enjoy this major change with FP tables and how much better they can play now. I invite everyone who has never played FP before to give this a try. Many "VPX-only" testers have installed (or re-installed) FP just to try this, and they have been amazed at the difference. I think you will be too!

You can get Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2 - FizX) at the following sites (once approved).

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/9345-sonic-pinball-mania-pinevent-v2-fizx/

image.thumb.png.ea62e6bca3eb1db070675e57c784fa6c.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

FizX Tweaker Tool Demo

Gimli came up with the idea for a tool to let you adjust FizX settings in real-time while playing a table! It had a few evolutions between his initial implementation, and then new ideas from AnonTet, and then I added my own ideas. Well, it's finally added to the Star Wars DSA GE FizX update, as and I also added my FizX Profiles and now a Profile changer.

- no need to change table script settings... load table... test... then exit table and repeat process with each settings change

- now you can change all the main FizX settings in real-time as you play the table (for testing)

- option to save all FizX settings to fpRAM for reference or later usage

- option to apply all fpRAM values to FizX settings

- option to reset all values to Startup (script) settings

- FizX Profile changer lets you swap a complete set of FizX settings instantly during gameplay

This makes tweaking and tuning physics settings for a table MUCH quicker and easier... for table authors / modders and for players who want their own physics settings.

You can't copy settings from the Tool to the clipboard or table script directly. You still need to remember / write down / paste into notepad your new settings so you'll be able to apply them to the table script when you are happy with them.

Note: this is how I am using this on my own releases. Others may not use it at all, or may have different options, or it may work differently than how I prefer to use it.

A long video demo of FizX and the Tweaker Tool and Star Wars DSA GE can be seen here. I have added chapters so you can go directly to the topics of interest.

• Content Provider

Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION

(PinEvent V2 - FizX) - Future Pinball - BAM

1.1 - FizX physics update! Now Available!

=====================

You can easily choose from different preset FizX physics settings in the table script by changing the FizX Profiles. The Profile settings options are as follows

stronger flippers

narrow flippers

You aren't limited by this however. You can change all of FizX's settings to completely tweak and adjust the physics to your own preference!

=====================

Time Attack crash fix!

I found a workaround for the random crash that could occur when you fail Time Attack. Now, when you fail Time Attack you won't see the Death Star blow up the planet. It will just act like you Tilted (which is instant game over in Time Attack), and then goto Attract mode... avoiding any crashes.

Death Star Assault mode is still the same.

=====================

Changelog (v1.1)

- added new Yoda animations (thanks Gimli)
- added optional Time Attack Quick Ending to avoid random crash bug when Death Star blows up planet
- fixed Backglass Art options not changing on startup
- fixed chrome ball being partially visible when BB-8 ball is being used
- various table fixes

=====================

As always... READ the included Install Instructions for all the information you need. It also includes a FAQ that will answer most questions.

=====================

I really hope you guys enjoy this major change with FP tables and how much better they can play now. I invite everyone who has never played FP before to give this a try. Many have installed (or re-installed) FP just to try this, and they have been amazed at the difference. I think you will be too!

image.thumb.png.5760d2d04f6a3af94ed73191ac238195.png

• Content Provider

Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2 - FizX) - Future Pinball - BAM

1.4 - FizX physics update! Now Available!

You can easily choose from different preset FizX physics settings in the table script by changing the FizX Profiles. The Profile settings options are as follows:

stronger flippers

Changelog (v1.4)

- added new ball save (20 secs on new ball launch)
- some other small fixes
- added Second Stage Flippers option for cabinet players who have that setup

You can get the 1.4 update of Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2 - FizX) here (once approved):

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/8521-blue-vs-pink-bam-edition-pinevent-v2-fizx/

image.thumb.png.a9e4f65ac793dbc28d2c51b6225c67e8.png

• Content Provider

Junkyard Cats - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2 - FizX) - Future Pinball - BAM

1.3 - FizX physics update! Now Available!

The fourth PinEvent V2 table to use the new FizX physics system for FP is here! The days of FP's old physics are gone!

=====================

You can easily choose from different preset FizX physics settings in the table script by changing the FizX Profiles. The Profile settings options are as follows

stronger flippers

=====================

Changelog (v1.3)

- some other small fixes
- added Second Stage Flippers option for cabinet players who have that setup

=====================

You can get the 1.3 update of Junkyard Cats - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2 - FizX) at the following sites (once approved)

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/8525-junkyard-cats-bam-edition-pinevent-v2-fizx/

image.thumb.png.96d552863fb80d4b8f314d3f984fdaba.png

• 3 months later...
  • Content Provider

FizX Physics System for Future Pinball - BAM

New v2.00 - HUGE update! NEW FLEEP and SSF! Coming soon!

JLou has been working hard at constantly improving FizX. He's completely updated most of it to work much more efficiently and add new features and functions. He was able to do this after ravarcade updated BAM (now 1.5-357) with new features (that JLou asked for) that greatly changes how FizX can work.

• many new features / settings that allow more control over flippers and physics that immensely improve flipper accuracy and realistic behavior, rubbers, slings, and drop targets
  • much more code optimization that uses alot less CPU
  • new code that allows for more functionality depending on what materials are hit by the ball
  • 8K ball model is no longer needed. 1K ball model is the new recommendation to use with FizX tables now
  • physics now run at 512 fps or 256 fps (instead of 592 / 296)

NEW Dynamic Ball Hit Sounds!

The BIG new update however... is new automatic Fleep sound integration that will play ball hit sounds of rubber / metal / wood / plastic / flipper rubber / PF hits because it knows at all times what material the ball has hit and at what speed.... what volume level is needed... etc. No extra table code is needed. This works on the "entire" table automatically for all ball behavior!

This makes for a much more dynamic sound experience compared to before, that all FP tables (that have FizX added to them) can easily benefit from.

PinEvent V2 - updates

Seeing these awesome new FizX updates and dynamic ball sound features... I had to take this opportunity to update PinEvent V2's sound, PUP SSF, and PUP ball rolling code, and worked with JLou to update FizX v2.0's sound code so that they can work together! So now PinEvent V2 works automatically with FizX v2.0's dynamic ball sound features for PUP SSF and FP sounds!

That means now... the only thing I need to manually add to a table for SSF are the controlled items (flippers, bumpers, kickers, ramps). The rest of the ENITRE table will automatically get SSF dynamic sounds (based on the material type the ball hits) at EVERY part of the "entire" table. This makes the table come alive with even more amazing SSF compared to before... and it just works... automatically!

Over the next week, or so... JLou will work out any final kinks with FizX v2.0. I'll also be updating all PinEvent V2 tables for FizX v2.0, new PinEvent V2 code, much better SSF, and any other table fixes and updates I've already added. There will be a lot of PinEvent V2 table and PuP-Pack updates over the next 2 weeks (all of them).... then on to working on Silent Hill!

image.thumb.png.899a093df5ab4702513270f48c9785f3.png

image.thumb.png.584cdc8b5244977284af35c7445fc03c.png

image.thumb.png.349f3149167ff6b53e3a6b2678fc8e9f.png

• Content Provider

New!

All in One Example table - FizX, FLEEP, Ball rolling, PUP SSF, DOF

I have made a new updated version of the FizX v2.0 example table, but now with automatic DOF / FLEEP / PUP SSF / Ball Rolling support (no smoke Ball Rolling code needed)

- newest v2.0 code added directly to the table script (no need for external files)
- FizX Tweaker Tool already added
- FizX Profiles supported
- FLEEP sounds for all mechanical / rubber / material based ball hit sounds
- added my new PinMechSound and Ball Rolling code (for both FP and PUP SSF) that works automatically to handle FP Sounds / PUP SSF / DOF and supports FizX's ball hit sounds as well!
- DOF is directly supported similar to PinEvent V2... so DOFLinx is not needed or used at all. It will use the basic "FP_DOF" config on DOF Config Tool (solenoids only) that I created (or you can make a custom one for your table if you wish)
- if PUP SSF is enabled (and PUP is installed), then it will use a standard "FP_PUP_SSF" pup-pack that will have all the required FLEEP and Ball Rolling sounds added automatically
- if PUP SSF is disabled (or PUP is not installed), then the table will automatically use FP sounds for FizX / Fleep / Ball Rolling
- Ball Rolling sounds are automatic. No need to add extra code throughout the script for when a ball is created / destroyed (except for changing sounds on a ramp, if desired)
- PUP is directly supported, if you want to create your own simple PuP-Pack to use with a table (this does not include PUP DMD or PUP Stream)

The intent is to have an easy example table that will be mostly a copy / paste of one section of code, add the essential files, then just use PinMechSound command for your flippers, bumpers, slings, kickers, etc instead of playsound commands... and it will all work automatically.... and give support for full SSF and DOF (solenoids only) automatically.

The All in One Example Table and Tutorial can be found here:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/all-in-one-example-table-fizx-fleep-ball-rolling-pup-ssf-dof-easy-to-add.21983/

This will result in a FP table supporting the above features automatically, even if you don't use all the features yourself.

- simply follow the tutorial (in order) to get the essentials installed. You can make changes as needed for your table and preferences.
- you can get the essential FizX items / physics, fleep sounds, ball rolling and dynamic ball hit sounds working very quickly using this tutorial and example table!
- I can add the essential files and code to a table in under 5 mins and it just works!

The extra steps for adding / linking PinMechSound commands doesn't take long once you know how to add it to the table's specific items and events.

• Content Provider

ALL in One Example table and Tutorial (Future Pinball - BAM)

Add FizX, FLEEP, PUP SSF, DOF to any Future Pinball table! Easy!

What was once a daunting task, has now been made easy! Add the latest FizX v2.0 physics, FLEEP sounds, Ball Rolling sounds, PUP SSF and DOF to any Future Pinball table quickly and easily using this new All In One Example table and Tutorial!

I created a complete, and simple step by step written tutorial complete with pictures that's easy to follow along. I've also made an (optional) video guide to help you along!

This video is a non-stop (and non edited), start to finish example of me showing how to use this All in One Example Table (and my posted Tutorial) to easily update a Future Pinball table to support all these new features. You don't even need to have PUP or DOF installed to do this, or to play the completed table! If you do have DOF and PUP, then DOF and PUP SSF will work automatically!

This is typically the kind of thing that is done (on VP or FP) by multiple people over multiple days, or longer. Using this new FP AIO Example table and tutorial... I show that you can get it "all" done by yourself in a few hours or less!

=========================================

JLou has updated FizX to v2.0 with loads of new features, and better optimization. New dynamic FLEEP ball hit sounds (based on all table materials) that works automatically on the entire table! (no extra code or triggers needed!)

As a result of these new updates, I also updated PinEvent V2's sound / SSF / ball rolling / PUP / DOF code to now automatically support FizX v2.0's dynamic ball hit sounds! This means you can get complete SSF for all ball hit sounds for the "entire" table automatically!

I decided to add those features into the FizX v2 example table into one section of code to create an All In One Example table for FizX, FLEEP, PUP SSF, Ball Rolling, and DOF! This means you can very easily copy one section of code from this example table to another FP table... add the needed models / sounds / textures.... and easily have all these features up and running! Much quicker and easier than before... and anyone can do it... even if you don't use PUP or DOF!

=========================================

The All in One Example table and Tutorial can be found here:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/all-in-one-example-table-fizx-fleep-ball-rolling-pup-ssf-dof-easy-to-add.21983/

• Content Provider

Junkyard Cats - BAM Edition (Future Pinball - BAM)

1.5 - table and PuP-Pack update, FizX v2.0, dynamic ball hit sounds

- updated table and physics to FizX physics v2.0

- now use 1K Physics Ball instead of 8K Ball

- updated PinEvent V2 Ball Rolling functions: new singular code for both FP and PUP SSF (no smoke ball rolling code)

- updated PinEvent V2 PinMechSound code to support new FizX dynamic ball hit events based on PF materials

- added more FLEEP mechanical sounds to support new FizX dynamic ball hit events

- this allows for amazing new dynamic mechanical and SSF sounds for the entire table!

Important! Please Read!

- this update REQUIRES BAM 1.5-357

- patch both FP and BAM for 4 GB access after updating BAM, to be sure they are both patched

- install the 1K Physics Ball model now! (as default.zip in BAM folder) FizX v2.0 no longer uses the older 8K Physics Ball!

- if using PUP features, you MUST install the NEW PuP-Pack to use with this table, or PUP features won't work!

- if you installed Baller Installer and UPDATED it to the new Jan 2023 update, then you "should" be fully updated and ready for this new table update!

Follow the Install Instructions (and its FAQ) included with the table if you are not sure you are updated correctly... have FP settings setup correctly (important)... or if having any problems.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/8525-junkyard-cats-bam-edition-pinevent-v2-fizx/

piBBbFd.jpg

• Content Provider

Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition (Future Pinball - BAM)

1.6 - table and PuP-Pack update, FizX v2.0, dynamic ball hit sounds

- updated PinEvent V2 Ball Rolling functions: new singular code for both FP and PUP SSF (no smoke ball rolling code)

- updated PinEvent V2 PinMechSound code to support new FizX dynamic ball hit events based on PF materials

- added more FLEEP mechanical sounds to support new FizX dynamic ball hit events

- this allows for amazing new dynamic mechanical and SSF sounds for the entire table!

Important! Please Read!

- patch both FP and BAM for 4 GB access after updating BAM, to be sure they are both patched

- install the 1K Physics Ball model now! (as default.zip in BAM folder) FizX v2.0 no longer uses the older 8K Physics Ball!

- if using PUP features, you MUST install the NEW PuP-Pack to use with this table, or PUP features won't work!

- if you installed Baller Installer and UPDATED it to the new Jan 2023 update, then you "should" be fully updated and ready for this new table update!

Follow the Install Instructions (and its FAQ) included with the table if you are not sure you are updated correctly... have FP settings setup correctly (important)... or if having any problems.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/8521-blue-vs-pink-bam-edition-pinevent-v2-fizx/

MIL0bJD.jpg

• Content Provider

RetroFlair - BAM Edition (Future Pinball - BAM)

1.6 - table and PuP-Pack update, FizX v2.0, dynamic ball hit sounds

- updated PinEvent V2 Ball Rolling functions: new singular code for both FP and PUP SSF (no smoke ball rolling code)

Important! Please Read!

- patch both FP and BAM for 4 GB access after updating BAM, to be sure they are both patched

Follow the Install Instructions (and its FAQ) included with the table if you are not sure you are updated correctly... have FP settings setup correctly (important)... or if having any problems.

The update is available here:

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/6061-retroflair-bam-edition-pinevent-v2-fizx/

WyxZ89e.jpg

• Content Provider

F-14 Tomcat - Afterburner (Future Pinball - BAM)

1.3 - table and PuP-Pack update, FizX v2.0, dynamic ball hit sounds

- removed some test key functions
- fix for Tilt Warnings not resetting at the end of each ball
- added kicker for ramp booster instead of ball velocity
- updated table and physics to FizX v2.0
- updated PinEvent V2 Ball Rolling functions: new singular code for both FP and PUP SSF (no more smoke ball rolling code)
- updated PinEvent V2 PinMechSound code to support new FizX auto hit events based on PF materials

Important! Please Read!

- patch both FP and BAM for 4 GB access after updating BAM, to be sure they are both patched

Follow the Install Instructions (and its FAQ) included with the table if you are not sure you are updated correctly... have FP settings setup correctly (important)... or if having any problems.

Update is available once Admins approve the new upload!

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/6088-f-14-tomcat-afterburner-pinevent-v2-fizx/

image.thumb.png.0e7d38ec46a855cbda2453b4d9b61a2d.png

• Content Provider

All In One Example Table - BIG UPDATE!

Table version: 1.2 (Jan 6 - 2023)

FizX: v2.00

CHANGELOG

1.2 (Jan 6 - 2023)

- updated to JLou's newest FizX v2.0 code
- added JLou's bug fix for ball falling into 2nd or 3rd set of flippers
- new FizX code no longer requires flipper Swing Angle to be specified in the FizX Flipper settings!
- FizX slingshots, drop targets, rubbers are now set in the FizX General Settings section (not in a FizX Profile)
- FizX XML_FPS is now set in its own section
- updated FizX Profiles to only change FizX Flipper settings
- there are no longer FizX Profiles used for different physics xml settings
- any settings needed for a different PHYSICS XML FPS is now set in the FizX FPS settings section

Anyone who used the AIO Example table 1.0 or 1.1, should use all the new code from 1.2! This bug fixes are essential!

More detailed info on the update can be seen here:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/all-in-one-example-table-fizx-fleep-ball-rolling-pup-ssf-dof-easy-to-add.21983/page-3#post-140663

The updated All In One Example table and Tutorial can be found here:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

PinEvent V2 tables - new table updates (Future Pinball)

All PinEvent V2 tables have now been updated with the latest FizX updates and some hotfixes. These are the last updates I will be doing for a long time, as now I will be focused on working on Silent Hill.... and recovering from heart surgery.

These are the newest updates for all PinEvent V2 tables:

Blue Vs Pink - BAM Edition (1.8 - PinEvent V2, FizX)

F-14 Tomcat - AfterBurner (1.5 - PinEvent V2, FizX)

Halloween - Big Bloody Mike (1.6 - PinEvent V2, FizX)

Jaws - Bigger Boat Edition (1.3 - PinEvent V2, FizX)

Junkyard Cats - Bam Edition (1.7 - PinEvent V2, FizX)

Retroflair - BAM Edition (1.8 - PinEvent, FizX)

Sonic Pinball Mania (1.6 - PinEvent V2, FizX)

Star Wars DSA - Galactic Edition (1.3 - PinEvent V2, FizX)

- updated FizX physics code to change how ball ID's are handled to prevent conflicts

- updated FizX physics code for more efficient Rubber bounce handling

- updated Ball Rolling Sound code to change how ball ID's are tracked to prevent conflicts

- removed old PUPRollingUpdateTimer commands that are no longer used (would give an error if PinEvent Settings were forced to be disabled)

- other various fixes

Important! Please Read!

- ALL these new updates REQUIRE the latest BAM 1.5-357 or higher!

- FizX v2.0 no longer uses the older 8K Physics Ball! Do not use it anymore!

- install the 1K Physics Ball model now! (as default.zip in BAM folder, NOT the balls folder!)

- if using PUP features, you MUST install the "newest" PuP-Pack included with the table zip, or PUP features won't work!

If you installed Baller Installer and UPDATED it to the new Jan 2023 update, then you "should" be fully updated and ready for these new table updates!

New table updates are available when approved by site admins:

https://vpuniverse.com/files/category/5-future-pinball-tables/

81xGCFa.jpg

9TlwekW.jpg

ZKwvTC8.jpg

VtpghVR.jpg

JvYkQ98.jpg

yi5SLXI.jpg

d37slbJ.jpg

EXYU4CU.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Content Provider

FizXV3forFP.thumb.png.c3f118bdf081bad7f68d57a3ea3dcac2.png

FizX v3.0 - Physics for Future Pinball - Coming very soon!

JLou has created a massive new update for FizX physics (v3.0)! This is a complete rebuild, that improves FizX in every way. If you thought v2.0 made a big difference... you will love how 3.0 plays! I didn't think it could get this much better on FP... but it did!

• new! Flipper Nudging! (when a ball rolls on a flipper, rapidly tap the opposite flipper to nudge ball back down the flipper)
  • independent settings for each flipper
  • new coil system based on the new custom BAM FSRC
  • new EOS system which keeps flipper momentum on the first stroke. Huge improvement on backhand shots and post passes!
  • new bouncing setting which is easier to understand and set
  • new Flipper Omega and Mass System
  • new ball vs ball physics setting. Ball hitting other ball has more bounce
  • new PHYSICS XML settings
  • new Ball Spinning Momemtum absorption and bounce deflect on hit for Flipper and Rubber
  • Tap pass and Tap shots are much easier
  • table slope and other new settings are now defined in FizX General Settings

....maybe other stuff ...

To put it simply... all the quirks from FizX v2.0 have been fixed. Flippers have full power now when they should. Post passing, and backhands are easy and correct now.

Flipper Nudging is a real thing now, as long as the ball isn't rolling too fast on the flipper (the nudge strength can be adjusted in FizX settings).

All PinEvent V2 tables will get updated for FizX v3.0, and so will the many PinEvent Lite table updates that are coming soon!

I may have a video preview coming soon enough...

• Content Provider
11 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Terry please tell us that the updates to FizX 3 on existing Pinevent 2.0 tables will not make them into the Lite versions? I would hate to lose your awesome pupdmd's  and such :)

All Pinevent V2 tables will get FizX v3.0. They won't change otherwise.

Pinevent Lite tables will simply not get pupdmd / pup-packs / videos until later on (then they become Pinevent V2 tables)

• Content Provider

JLou has completely rebuilt FizX physics (for Future Pinball - BAM) to v3.0. New features such as flipper nudging, proper post passing, strong backhands, much more efficient CPU usage, and much more. A big improvement over 2.0! Future Pinball tables can legitimately play excellent now!

This video will briefly go through the new FizX 3.0 settings and changes, the new AIO Example table and Tutorial, and it will showcase FizX 3.0 in action with amazing new table updates I have coming out very soon!

You can download the AIO Example table and tutorial here:

You can jump directly to the parts of the video you want to watch with the Chapters below:

** AIO Example Table and FizX v3.0 **

intro - 00:00
AIO Example Table Tutorial update - 03:01
FizX v3.0 new settings - 09:33
AIO Example Table quick demo - 17:25
Ball Rolling sounds on ramps - 18:24
Tweaker Tool - 19:44
Flipper Nudge demo - 20:27
Table Slope - 22:22

** New Table updates and FizX v3.0 Showcase **

Indiana Jones - Fortune and Glory Edition - 25:33
RoboCop - Dead or Alive Edition - 41:59
Blade Runner - Replicant Edition - 50:18

** Misc **

PinEvent Lite - 1:01:02
Closing thoughts - 1:02:47

• 5 months later...
  • Content Provider

FizX Physics System for Future Pinball - new updates for v3.2

• all FP rubbers now automatically work with FizX! You are no longer required to add new FizX posts or bands!
  • all FP targets and drop targets now automatically work with FizX! You are no longer required to add new FizX target walls!
  • 4 sets of flippers are now supported
  • FizX Tweaker DMD is no longer required to be added (it's optional, as the table does a check for it first)
  • new FizX 3.2 code is even more efficient
  • some fixes

There is no excuses now dudes! FizX 3.2 now has ALL FP rubbers and targets working with FizX physics automatically! No need to add anything new or do extra work for "complete" FizX 3.2 physics.

You still have the options as before to add new FP rubber posts or FizX rubber bands (recommended on slings) for more custom control if you wish. This would still allow you more flexibility and control over "every" item on the table.... but it's NOT a requirement anymore.

image.thumb.png.7968a007f32adaa9233fbdacebaa3969.png

AIO Example Table and Tutorial updated to v3.20.07

This tutorial assumes you have a basic understanding of how Future Pinball - BAM works, and how to use the Future Pinball Editor.

Please take the time to read through the entire tutorial, so you know all the steps needed, and all the options you have. Many things have changed.

This tutorial is designed to be followed in order, step by step. I have split it into sections. The first sections are REQUIRED for FizX. The later sections are OPTIONAL.

REQUIRED SECTIONS

SECTION 1 – Prepare your table
SECTION 2 – Install files
SECTION 3 – Add required items to your table
SECTION 4 – Update the table for FizX physics
SECTION 5 – Disable features you won’t use or support

OPTIONAL SECTIONS

SECTION 6 – Optional FizX updates and features
SECTION 7 – Optional PinMechSound support

Table version: 3.20.07 (Nov 20 - 2023)

FizX: v3.20

CHANGELOG

3.20.07 (Nov 20 - 2023)

- updated table for all new FizX v3.2 code and features
- new FizX code no longer requires rubber posts, rubber bands, drop target walls to be added
- Tweaker Tool is now optional, and not required (table won't give an error if its not added)

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

I just want to add FizX physics to a table. Will this tutorial and example code be easy to use?

Yes! Adding FizX in its entirety takes little time!

The “optional” extra steps for PinMechSound (which add DOF and PUP support) are NOT required! You are not creating any more work for yourself using this tutorial, or the example table’s code if you just want FizX physics.

FizX is much more than just “better flippers”. It’s a “complete” physics update for Future Pinball.

I don’t want to enable or use the Ball Rolling methods with this example code. Can I disable it and use my own?

Yes! Simply set BallRolling_Sound_Enabled = false in the “Ball Rolling Sound Settings” section

I don’t want to add any support for PinMechSound or PUP or DOF. I just want the table to be like other FP tables.

Easy! Set DOF_enabled = false, and PUP_SSF_enabled = false (be sure to note that they must not be changed).

You can remove the “MECHANICAL SOUNDS AND FEEDBACK” section if you wish. DO NOT remove the Sub PinMechSound section!

Do I need to remove my previous rubber or target items from FizX 3.0?

No. You can choose to keep what you had previously as long as it was part of FizX 3.0 (the names of the items are the same).

What is REQUIRED?

- the All in One Example table zip file's content
- BAM 1.5-365 or higher

Yes.... the newest BAM 1.5-365 is REQUIRED!

New updated Video Tutorial - Part 1: FizX 3.2, Fleep & Ball Rolling sounds

This video shows how to use the All in One Example Table (along with the written Tutorial) to easily update a Future Pinball table to support "all" these new features. It is broken into chapters so you can go at your own pace, and easily pick up where you left off.

It does not... I repeat... does not take multiple hours just to add "complete" FizX physics, (if that is all you want to add) using the AIO Example table and tutorial. Large portions of the video are me "explaining" everything, and testing.

This video is Part 1 which covers adding what is needed for FizX and some optional updates.

Part 2 will cover adding the optional PinMechSound commands to add SSF, DOF and FLEEP sounds to the entire table.

ALWAYS follow the entire NEW written tutorial for the most up to date and correct information! Only use the video as a visual guide to help you along!

IMPORTANT! Changes for FizX 3.2 that are REQUIRED!

Flippers

- flippers MUST now be named LeftFlipper1, RightFlipper1, LeftFlipper2, RightFlipper2, LeftFlipper3, RightFlipper3, LeftFlipper4, RightFlipper4
- their commands in the table script must be changed to match the new names
- this needs to be done for the main flippers now BEFORE you can start and test a table for the first time (you will get an error if you don't do this)

If you are updating a table that used the AIO Example code, make sure your PinMechSound commands for flippers are ALSO updated to use the new names for LeftFlipper1, RightFlipper1. If you don't do this, you will get table errors!

image.png.f09dc49afbc0c1ddeb58af03874c0f65.png

Slingshots

- slings diverters MUST be named SlingDiverter1, SlingDiverter2, SlingDiverter3, SlingDiverter4, etc

FizX Tweaker Tool

- the FizX Tweaker DMD is no longer required to be added. The table does a check for its existence before enabling its functions (no more errors)

Table Items, Surfaces, Models

- only “rubber” items / models should be set to use Rubber Material type (walls, surfaces, other models must not use rubber material)
- all items that have hit events (switch, trigger, etc) must not have their Material Type set to Plastics. Only Metal, or Wood
- only Targets and Drop Targets (with hit events) can have Material Type set to Plastic in the FP editor, or within the settings of the model itself from FPM-Editor

No mixing of old and new code!

- make sure you use only the code from the new AIO Example table for a new table or when updating a table with older AIO Example code
- you can copy over your Flippers, Rubbers, Drop Target settings in FizX General Settings as long as it was FizX v3.0
- use the new default PHYSICS XML settings, and only change what is different for items such as kickers, bumper, etc as needed

I'm sure I've missed something... so I'll try to add anything I've missed (when I get some sleep, eventually).

This new AIO Example Table's code and tutorial is made to work for "everyone".

FizX 3.2 has removed the need for any extra work for rubbers and targets while having ALL features of FizX available. The new AIO Example code and tutorial has been made to allow anyone to add only FizX 3.2, without needing to add extra "options" like PinMechsound (for DOF and SSF), Tweaker Tool, or custom rubbers / bands / walls, etc.... but they are still there for anyone who wants to add them later on. That's a win-win for everyone!

It's what everyone has been wanting. So darn it... go get it. No excuses! :)

The new updated table and tutorial can be found here:

• Content Provider

TABLE UPDATE

3.20.08 (Nov 22 - 2023)

- changed GenericPreHitMinBallSpeed = 1 to GenericPreHitMinBallSpeed = 5

This was supposed to be set to 5. This now means all static balls will be ignored, instead of having constant physics updates for balls that aren't moving. More efficient for tables with multiball, or tables with captive balls always on the table that aren't moving often.

• Content Provider

AIO Example Table Tutorial 3.2 : Part 2 - Add PinMechSound, DOF, PUP SSF to any FP table!

This video is Part 2 which covers adding the optional PinMechSound commands to add SSF, DOF and FLEEP sounds to the entire table.