Blue vs Pink - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2)
Original Table by Brendan Bailey, 2009
BAM Edition, PinEvent V2, and FizX mod by TerryRed, 2022
Table version: 1.8 - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX) (Jan 2023)
Thank you so much Brendan Bailey for supporting this update!
Brendan Bailey is one of FP's classic "original" table authors. EVERYTHING on this table was made by him! The layout, art, music, sounds, code. Such an amazing work of passion deserves to be updated to be enjoyed by a new generation of virtual pinball lovers!
I wanted to update to a classic FP "original" table to bring it up to my own modern day BAM standards, add my PinEvent V2 features, and completely update the table with FizX physics. The result is an excellent table that plays great with modern dynamic lighting, shadowmaps, ray cast shadows, and full cabinet support.
This table has been fully updated with FizX for game changing new physics on Future Pinball. The old Future Pinball physics are GONE! FizX uses techniques similar to nFozzy on VPX to completely change the physics for the flippers, slings, rubbers, targets, ball behavior and more that allows this table play much more realistically than anyone ever thought was possible on Future Pinball. You will be amazed at the difference!
This table is also updated to fully support PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD). It has modern PUP DMD display options that can work with all setups. With it's crisp HD text and dazzling videos, it's sure to wow everyone who sees it.
For a video preview of the new BAM update comparison, go here:
Original Table by Brendan Bailey:
TerryRed's BAM Edition update:
- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added PinEvent V2 support for DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD, PUPStream, and a new pup-pack
- new G.I. lighting (dynamic lighting - x4 hidden flashers in lower and upper plastics)
- added drain flasher for accented lighting
- new options for changing G.I lighting colours (dynamic lighting only)
- new BAM post processing
- added shadowmaps to most lights
- added pre-baked shadowmaps (created by BAM) to playfield and plastics texture
- adjusted playfield / plastics / apron, etc texture brightness to better match new lighting
- new 3D model inserts
- new pre-rendered insert textures
- new bump maps for inserts
- disabled glow radius for all inserts
- adjusted brightness of all playfield video textures (what a pain!) to better match new lighting
- added sphere maps to the sides of all plastics
- added new GI on/off code
- adjusted GI on/off brightness for all lights / inserts / playfield videos
- added all new FLEEP sounds for all mechanical actions (flippers, bumpers, slings, drain, etc)
- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added playfield blocker surface to prevent ball from jumping on plastics
Thanks of course to these awesome contributors:
Brendan Bailey (PinWizKid) - created the original Blue vs Pink table in 2009
Schlabber34 - new pre-rendered insert images
FLEEP - new mechanical sounds All the FP lads at Pinball Nirvanna for ideas, examples, and support
JLou - FizX and support
Nailbuster - Pinup Player and SSF support
Ravarcade - for creating the awesome BAM and providing assistance with BAM features
Chris Leathley - creator of Future Pinball
This table is an "original" creation, and is NOT intended for commercial usage or to be included in any part of a commercial sale!
*** This table is single player only ***
Desktop Static Camera Views
Press C to cycle through BAM's Desktop Static camera views (if using the included CFG file)
G.I. colour and Brightness
Special key / button 1 = change G.I. colours
Special key / button 2 = change G.I. brightness
Second Stage Flippers
this table supports second stage flippers for cabinet players with this setup
this needs to be enabled in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
ensure that your Second Flippers are setup in FP Control Settings
ensure that your Special 1 and Special 2 keys / buttons are NOT the same keys / buttons as Second Flippers! (they are by default)
BAM Ray Cast Ball Shadows:
this table was created to look best with the new BAM Ray Cast Ball shadows
this feature is ENABLED by default
this feature requires a fast video card, and will use much more of your GPU
if enabling it slows down the game... then your PC may not be fast enough to handle it (and you should disable it)
You can enable this feature in the BAM menu, or in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
open BAM menu while in-game (~ or Q by default), and goto "Addons - Configure Ball and Shadows"
Sharpness = 0.850, Dark Level = -1.0
To disable this feature, disable it in both the BAM menu and the TABLE OPTIONS
BAM Menu settings:
BAM Lighting and Post Processing settings are set by the table script and will ALWAYS override the user's settings
this is needed to ensure that all lighting is set correctly at all times.
PinEvent V2 features for this table:
Night Mode key
TILT BOB key
Note: for PUP Stream there is no Playfield Mini Screen option
All Visual C++ updates (to allow BAM to work properly). An easy All-in-One Installer can be found here (reboot after installing):
Future Pinball and BAM (1.5-357 or higher) is required to play this table!
Don't assume you have the latest BAM. If in doubt, update it!
If you only need to update BAM:
- backup your entire BAM folder (located at Future Pinball \ BAM)
- download the latest BAM update from ravarcade’s site (link below)
- confirm the file is NOT blocked by Windows! (right-click file, check Properties)
- if using the zip file to update, extract and replace all files in the BAM folder
- if using the installer, you MUST set the installer to your FP install location (it may not have the correct path!)
- after updating, you MUST install my “BAM settings” files from my FP and BAM Mega Guide (read more below, link to the guide is farther down)
- if you have your own custom BAM settings, recopy those instead from your BAM backup folder (BAM.cfg, Reality.dat, Default.cfg) to your BAM folder
TerryRed's "BAM Settings" (good default pov for cabinets, and more)
- I highly recommend you install my "BAM Settings" files, if you have never done so before!
- download my "Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide" zip file (link below)
- open the zip file for the setup you have (BAM settings for Cabinet.zip, or BAM settings for Desktop.zip)
- extract the files (BAM.cfg, Reality.dat, Default.cfg) into the BAM folder (overwrite the current files)
****** 4 GB patch is REQUIRED for both Future Pinball and BAM! ******
- some tables REQUIRE that FuturePinball.exe and FPLoader.exe (BAM) be patched to allow them to access 4 GB of ram (by default they can only access 2 GB ram)
- if you have updated BAM, I recommend applying the patch to both files again (to be sure they are both patched)
You can get the app to patch them at this link here:
I HIGHLY recommend you read my page that explains how to do the patching here (very easy!):
TerryRed's Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide (has a FAQ with answers to most problems, and other helpful info):
Future Pinball Video Settings and Editor Settings:
- you MUST have the correct Video and Editor settings for this table to work correctly!
- I have included a picture of these settings in the table's zip file
Run FPLoader.exe in BAM folder to play this table. DO NOT run directly from the FuturePinball.exe:
- don't trust start menu or desktop icons, as they may point to FuturePimball.exe instead of FPLoader.exe
- some people may need to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator at least one time for BAM to work
- some people have needed to run FPLoader.exe in Windows 8 compatibility mode to prevent crashing
TABLE file: “Blue Vs Pink - BAM Edition (1.8 - PinEvent V2, FizX).fpt”
this goes in your “Future Pinball \ Tables” folder
Library files: BVP Animation.fpl, BVP Graphics.fpl, BVP Screen.fpl, BVP Sounds.fpl
these files go in your “Future Pinball \ Libraries” folder
CFG file: “Blue Vs Pink - BAM Edition (1.8 - PinEvent V2, FizX).cfg”
this goes in your “BAM \ CFG” folder
it gives cabinet users a proper cabinet POV
it gives desktop users new static camera views (press C to cycle through them)
it must be named the same as the table file to work
this is only needed if you use PinEvent V2 features
this goes in your “PUPVideos” folder
read the Install Instructions included in the table's zip file for more info
1K Physics Ball
this is used to allow more accurate physics with the table
this table was designed for use with this ball model
read the FizX section for more information on how to install this file!
You do not need any other extra files or applications just to play this table!
it should work for everyone (desktop, cabinet, vr) as long your PC hardware can handle it
simply install the table files and play it like any other Future Pinball table
If you want to use any PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD), read the included install instructions in the table's zip file!
********** HOW TO PLAY THE TABLE **********
only use FPLoader.exe (this is BAM) in the BAM folder to load and play this table. DO NOT run directly from the FuturePinball.exe
don't trust start menu or desktop icons, as they may point to FuturePinball.exe instead of FPLoader.exe
set FPLoader.exe to Windows 8 Compatibility if having crashing problems
ALWAYS completely close Future Pinball after exiting a table, or loading another table
Future Pinball needs to start “fresh” every time you load or start a table!
Read the Install Instructions included in the table's zip file.
It tells you everything you need to know, has a very helpful FAQ, and has lots of pretty pictures!
Again, read the FAQ and the Install Instructions in the table's zip file!