[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure (Williams 1993) VPWmod

Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure (Williams 1993) VPWmod

You Call This Archeology? -  V-Pin Workshop proudly presents Indiana Jones the Pinball Adventure from Williams.

v.1.1 - Fixed SSF sounds, updated physics, tweaked environmental emission, added LUT changer, numerous other fixes.

This table has been a WIP since before VPW started. The plastics were modeled fresh but most of the primitives are re-used from the Ninuzzu and Tom Tower’s prior version. Iaakki spent countless hours refining the multilayered inserts over the past year and a half, but when Brad1x offered to completely re-draw the playfield we knew we had to keep working on this table until everything was right. It was the first table where we tried to apply the light baking methods that G5K, Flupper, Bord and others pioneered. Waiting for the redraw meant progressing on other projects and preparing them for release, so this got put off for quite some time and it is exciting to finally get it out to finish the year off in style!

Playfield Redraw - Brad1X
Graphics / 3D Work - Benji, iaakki, Tomate, Sixtoe
Scripting - iaakki, Benji, Apophis, Sixtoe
Sound - Benji, Apophis, Fluffhead, iaakki
Physics - iaakki, Benji, Sixtoe, rothbauerw
Lighting - iaakki, Benji, Skitso, Sixtoe
Shadows - Apophis, Wylte
VR - Sixtoe, Leojreimroc
Testing - Rik, PinStratsDan, CalleV, Astronasty/nicey & VPW team.

VPW Mod based on Ninuzzu / Tom Tower v1.2

Thanks to destruk for original code, knorr and clark kent for the art resources, flupper for bumper caps & flasher domes models and VP Dev team for VPX!

A video from Rik showing how to get to wizard mode for competition play;

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/30/2021
  • Category
  • Link to B2S
    https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4845-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-williams-1993-2-3-scr-3-scr-lcd/
  • Link to Media Pack
  • Permission to Mod
    Contact Author First.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, ryguy417 said:

Okay, what did I do wrong? Lol. It loads initially, but then whites out on the final load.

C96A054C-6694-4D16-83B7-5FB9C0117E0E.jpeg

Things to check:

Running on some 10.7 build?

Alternate Depth Buffer setting in video prefs?

Other VPX video settings maybe?

Graphics card drivers up to date?

AMD/Nvidia settings forcing something on/off?

I'm having the exact same issue on my cabinet. My laptop is running on the same 10.7 build (367) as my cabinet with matching "quality" configurations (both Nvidia too) and doesn't get the issue. Think it might have something to do with my GPU settings (Nvidia Control Panel) so we'll see.

Currently tinkering and will update if something happens. Transferring a GPU driver installer over to see if something's corrupt.

Edited by TalNas3

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, Wylte said:

Things to check:

Running on some 10.7 build?

Alternate Depth Buffer setting in video prefs?

Other VPX video settings maybe?

Graphics card drivers up to date?

AMD/Nvidia settings forcing something on/off?

10.7 build that still works with all the other tables.

Alternate depth buffer is off.

Turned off (or on) every single VPX video setting I could!

Drivers are up-to-date and nothing in Nvidia settings are different.

I'm at a loss!

@TalNas3 any luck with your tests?

• Content Provider
10 minutes ago, ryguy417 said:

10.7 build that still works with all the other tables.

Alternate depth buffer is off.

Turned off (or on) every single VPX video setting I could!

Drivers are up-to-date and nothing in Nvidia settings are different.

I'm at a loss!

@TalNas3 any luck with your tests?

Maybe it's a memory problem - did you try limiting texture sizes in VPX?

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Wylte said:

Maybe it's a memory problem - did you try limiting texture sizes in VPX?

Yep! Had the same thought (and I generally avoid "unlimited" anyway). No dice.

Always fun to figure out these problems. I keep trying out different theories!

I had that same issue with flash gordon table in vpx 6 except black where your blue is appearing. I may be way off base, but i just over wrote my vpx 6 exe with the newest release of vpx 6 and it fixed it. I could be way off on fixing this issue your having, but for the longest time i thought it was my gpu settings for that and turned out to just be a exe update that i didnt realize i was missing. I hope my 2 cents help… it may not though. Lol. Pinball on and i hope you find the fix.

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, brewmann74 said:

I had that same issue with flash gordon table in vpx 6 except black where your blue is appearing. I may be way off base, but i just over wrote my vpx 6 exe with the newest release of vpx 6 and it fixed it. I could be way off on fixing this issue your having, but for the longest time i thought it was my gpu settings for that and turned out to just be a exe update that i didnt realize i was missing. I hope my 2 cents help… it may not though. Lol. Pinball on and i hope you find the fix.

Well, you did inspire me with an idea! I redownloaded the table lol. Fixed! Apparently I downloaded it too early!

@TalNas3 hope this helps!

@Wylte thanks again for the help!

First, thank You to all who involved! :)

I've got scirpt error at line 203, Totem Drop test, sw11 no defined variable.

I checked the previous version, the code is same. Tom&Ninuzzu's version runs fine.

Any idea?

Thanks! :)

vpx 10.6.2

* Redownloaded the file and the error is gone.

Edited by aradijanos

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MakTheWookie said:

Is there a way to lighten the playfield. It’s just a little to dark for my taste. 

Id like it to be bright like the attract mode video that I got from Pinup Popper

You could create a brighter LUT or use an existing one. Otherwise lighten the image to your liking in Photoshop.

• Content Provider

IMO everyone should know how to use the editor options and camera edit mode to adjust PoV and lighting.  Just, the most basic things to make every table playable on your setup!  Dealing with LUTs or environment images is a little trickier, but this table does really well with just adjusting the light in the "room" like @Darkstar said.

• 5 months later...

Hi VPW Team,

thank you very much for the superb tables you make. They are all so wonderful.

But with this Indy Table i get an rom error message after the rom test in the beginning.

The errors are attached here in my post.

Strange thing is that sometimes these errors changes. Sometimes i also get an "sound board error" message or added "switch errors" to those i attached.

I use vpx 10.7., tried already in different vpx 10.x versions, tried different ij_l7.roms. and deleted the nvram file again and again.

I hope you vpx wizards can help me :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Content Provider
24 minutes ago, onedevotee75 said:

Hi VPW Team,

thank you very much for the superb tables you make. They are all so wonderful.

But with this Indy Table i get an rom error message after the rom test in the beginning.

The errors are attached here in my post.

Strange thing is that sometimes these errors changes. Sometimes i also get an "sound board error" message or added "switch errors" to those i attached.

I use vpx 10.7., tried already in different vpx 10.x versions, tried different ij_l7.roms. and deleted the nvram file again and again.

I hope you vpx wizards can help me :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Grab all the lower-numbered ij_l* roms, maybe?

Thank you very much for all your help guys. I tried to put all ij_l*.rom versions into the roms folder but this also didn´t work. There was still the same error.

Then i was looking for another rom file again and tada..... i found a working rom version of ij_l7.rom and the table works now without any rom errors.

Confusing because it´s the same size as the rom before. Maybe the old rom had some errors.....

• 2 months later...