WIP: Visual Pinball in Unity (2021 Edition)

I'm new to the hobby but really appreciate you showing Linux some love.  If someone isn't using Windows with any of the major virtual pinball solutions right now, they are going to have a hard time.  Wishing you speedy progress!

a very slight flex of the rubber on impact of the ball, and the animation would be perfect.

la flexion est tout aussi importante que la détente , c'est ce qui confère à la bille sont aspect sauvage (imprévisible).

L'ajout d'un facteur delta aléatoire , permettrait un rebond non conditionné , ainsi ne pas ressembler à du billard.   

on the other hand, the flippers do not automatically return to the low position.

in terms of simulation, we are getting closer to solidworks

Edited by fastdraw

comment calibrer le facteur de zoom de la souris?
(roue centrale)
Je suis au grossissement maximal, si j’augmente le cadran central d’un cran tout disparaît.
J’aimerais avoir un grossissement (doux et progressif) comme image vectorielle.
s’agit-il d’un problème matériel ou logiciel ?
Quelle souris recommandez-vous ?
Le . Je n’ai pas ce problème avec rhino 3d

45.jpg

Edited by fastdraw

Hi all,

I'll be focusing a bit more on documentation the next weeks, and since I'm no native speaker, I'd like to have my content proof-read by someone before I publish. Until now, @ecurtz did an amazing job, but he's actually a dev and I would like to bother him with more interesting stuff. :)

If you're a native English speaker and picky about spelling and phrasing, and if you have time to occasionally go through new content of the VPE documentation, please let me know. If you have done some editorial work in the past, even better.

Best is to send me a private message here, but you can ping me on Discord as well. Cheers!

@freezy This is looking awesome. I noticed the commits regarding trying to compensate for PinMAME's lag. It's my understanding that you are turning on "Fast Flip", but I thought that was only applicable to a small subset of tables, or does this make fast flip work for all tables?

If i'm understanding how this works, is that both the coil, switch, and flipper are all linked together rather then the flipper and the coil. It then compares the switch activations to the coil activations, where the switch activations are supposed to be coming from the ROM (PinMAME). Am I understanding this correctly?

In regards to the T2 Patcher, that is really only applicable to a specific version of the .vpx file correct? Is the thought that the T2 Patcher would ultimately go away at the end and you would have the first T2 VPE file that is pre-patched?

Yes, lag compensation should work for all tables. I'll link to the doc once it's merged and generated.

The T2 patcher only works for a specific VPX file. All it does you can do in the editor, but it's easier for me to have a script that does it, because I can adapt it to API changes, see a changelog and do changes in batch to test out stuff. The final file format won't have anything to do with it.

• Content Provider
3 minutes ago, freezy said:

By the way, thanks to all the volunteers who offered help for the documentation. I got some heart-warming messages, and we should now have enough man power to produce high quality documentation.

Thanks again!

One of the things I am most happy to hear!

It's no secret that one of the reasons I gravitated towards FP before even ever touching VPX was FP's excellent manual. Given that literally everyone in the community (FP or VPX) will need to learn new things with VPE, this will help dramatically bring in not only veteran authors and devs, but also new talented people that may be interested in the hobby, but found that lack of documentation / examples in VP made the cost of entry too difficult.

Lots of pictures and examples are very much appreciated! (especially C# examples!) :)

ok merci 
donc les switch (id) n'apparaissent seulement que si la table est prête à jouer ( pièces insérées + enter+ billes sortie ).
même sans dmd , une table pourrait être jouée ?
exemple, si dans un pinball réel le dmd est défectueux ou bien physiquement débranché , çà n'empêche pas la table d'être jouée ?

vais essayer de réaliser les mêmes test que toi , même si je n'ai pas trop saisi l'histoire du patch (T2)

trad. google

OK, thanks
so the switch (id) only appear if the table is ready to play (coins inserted + enter + ball exited).
even without dmd, a table could be played?
example, if in a real pinball the dmd is defective or physically unplugged, does that not prevent the table from being played?

Edited by fastdraw

Without a DMD, you'll get an error message which should actually be a warning, because the game should run nevertheless. Switch IDs are defined by the gamelogic engine. It's the same list at edit time and runtime, independently of the game state. Runtime only has additional info, but they are the same rows. See documentation.

A part ça t'arriveras de mettre un poil plus d'effort dans tes posts? Ils sont insupportable à lire..