WIP: Visual Pinball in Unity (2021 Edition)

is the integration of vpx tables in a metaverse technically feasible? thus reproduce a games room in vr.

2 errors message :

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 3.5.0-dev-20359-01 (8da8ba0c)
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

error CS1705: Assembly 'VisualPinball.Resources' with identity 'VisualPinball.Resources, Version=0.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'netstandard, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'netstandard' with identity 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'

GUID [1029b38bdee65ba4482ab14d2b7a9f04] for asset 'Packages/org.visualpinball.engine.unity.hdrp/Assets/Art/Materials/Measured/Rubber/Rubber.mat' conflicts with:
  'Assets/SampleSceneAssets/Materials/General/Rubber_Mat.mat' (current owner)
We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

is the installation via  installation vpe still relevant?

because if we follow this procedure only hdrp is installed, but not vpe engine and not assetlibrary ?? !!!

bug ? car vpe ne s'installe pas :

bug.jpg.87fc118648286c28f69bbabc4c4523cc.jpg

Edited by fastdraw

I followed the recommendation of mpf, I installed python 3.8 and pip 21.
are you going to create your mpf / vpe installation with these versions?

C:\Users\birdi>python --version
Python 3.8.0

C:\Users\birdi>mpf --version
MPF v0.56.0-dev.18

C:\Users\birdi>pip --version
pip 21.3.1 from c:\users\birdi\appdata\local\programs\python\python38\lib\site-packages\pip (python 3.8)

durée de compilation par table 25 mn

Edited by fastdraw

4 hours ago, freezy said:

With the help of the @VPinWorkshop team, @Pandeli came up with an awesome way to simulate insert lights. Also notice brand new plastics and a few details we're going to talk about another time. ;) Enjoy!

Wow , this looks pretty impressive!  Are you sure this isnt a video from the real t2 table ?😝

The lights, shadows, platics etc. looks awesome when you move around the table, but in a cabinet,  it is mostly 1 pov

Will there come an extension (or build in) that will generate a 3d effect with a kinect or other device for tracking eye movement or head tracking ?

Or you guys have other plans to bring a 3d experience to the cabinet (without vr) ?

8 minutes ago, hitman12 said:

Now my only concern is whether my i7 and gtx1660ti will be able to pull it at least on medium details...

Same here, with the prices of the 3XXX nvidia cards I can only dream about using such :(

17 minutes ago, BrandonLaw said:

GTFO here with this realism.    Look at this PF texture...if anyone has been close enough to smell the arcade baked into one of these things, you'd know that's exactly what a pf texture looks like.  Well done!

296270191_2021-12-0304_01_13-WIP_VisualPinballinUnity(2021Edition)-VisualPinballGeneralDiscussion.png.70e143b63be71cd13b8c4c291beebe3c.png

Looks stunning

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm new here and very new to the topic of VPins. I used to play VPX and FP in the past, but I'm a passionate developer with 20+ years of experience. Not so much with game dev but still. I'll really exited of this project here. I'd love to jump in and do some dev work. My current setup is a macbook pro 16 inch with a windows bootcamp dualboot, albeit I'd like to work on mac. 

Now my question, how can I coordinate with you guys? I really want to jump in and start contributing, while learning how to develop a table. I have an idea for an original and I would love to do that with VPE. I probably can program any language you throw at me, have used and learned probably more than 20 (from procedural to object oriented to functional - love the FP most btw.)

In real live I'm a full stack dev, doing photography for over 15 years now, started out drawing ocassionally on my iPad and doing modular synth stuff with VCV Rack and Reason. Where can i find your discord? I'd like to join and get my hands dirty. Reading docs and watching videos right now and try to understand the VBS stuff in VPX.

Is VPE working on Mac as well right now?

Cheers and hello to all of you, I'm thrilled!

EDIT:
Just watching the interview from last month. Getting more exited!! Guys. I'm really in love with this project.

Edited by DrKenGuru

17 hours ago, freezy said:

Yeah I'm kinda learning Substance Designer / Painter ATM to make those scratches better align with where they actually would be..

We need more wear!

Many, many years ago on the FP forums there was discussion of variable wear on tables over time based on number of plays. I know that some tables have since been created with intentional baked in wear, but unsure if any incorporated a variable wear feature?

Love the tiny details in those plastics, the specks of dust and the amazing refraction on the edges.

• Content Provider

Looking great freezy!    As for wear, in my opinion, one day in the distant future it would be ideal if it was possible to have a slider where the player can adjust the amount of wear on the table.  From pristine brand new table with zero wear to a real junk box with a worn playfield and rusty legs.  ha.  I'm guessing this could be done by having a formula for wear per material?   

Having wear based on number of plays is a really cool idea for sure but I play a lot and don't want to have to reset all my high scores \ table plays just to get a decent looking machine again. On the other hand, I also would not want to have to play 1000 games of some table I'm not that fond of just to see what the wear looks like.  

Probably a lot of more important things to tackle at this point than user adjustable wear though :)

Thanks for the update on the T2 table.  Looking great and looking forward it!