Capcom Airborne

bodydump

• Content Provider

100%
100%

I started a PF redraw of Airborne about 1 1/2 years ago and got derailed by other projects.  I still need to finish the PF but started to build the table.  I've only built simple tables in the past, so this is going to be a challenge and probably take a long time.  Hopefully I haven't bit off more than I can chew.  Anyway here's some real early wip screenshots.  I've included a desktop and FS so there's no need to ask what versions I'm making (yes, Faralos, I'm talking to you :) )

airbornedt.jpg

airbornefs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

A little bit of progress.  If I never see another wireform I'd be happy.  Still a lot to build: upper ramp edges, rings on the upper wires, rest of the upper platform, upper plastics, etc..  It will be a miracle if this thing doesn't stutter.  So many alpha ramps and so many more to go.  Then scripting...the end is nowhere in site. :wacko:

1359054880.jpg

• Content Provider

A tiny bit of progress: added the two top jet plastics and a few more ramp edges and clear plastics.  Still have to finish the ramp edges and redraw a small decal for the back right corner.  Then tons of small details.  Got the cockpit lock working (note the 2 balls in the cockpit) for Dogfight Multiball.

1359191309.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider
looks good for sure !

if you need some beta test playing, i'm your man, as i owned that pin home

++

I'm going to need some help from you :)

I have many questions as to how things work on this machine.  A lot of the features don't seem to be controlled by the rom.  The Injector being one of them.  It seems to be controlled by the flipper but only at certain times.  Doesn't seem to have it's own rom-controlled solenoid, so it will have to be coded.  Can you give me a detailed explanation of how the Injector operated?

Archived