176.84 MB File Size
None ROM Name
VPW Created by
VPW Artwork by
VPW Scripting by
Original Manufacturer
2021 Year

2 Screenshots

"Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here."

The VPin Workshop members present The Goonies: Never Say Die Pinball! This project started out by adding physics and fleep sound to Hawkeyez88 pup-pack release.  In doing so many scripting issues were found in the original table.  We decided to not only fix the current table, but have added support for FlexDMD, new modes, ramps, shadows, playfield, sounds, ect.

Pretty much every piece of this table has been touched, enhanced, and tested.

This table is setup to work with the FlexDMD out of the box.  You can disable the FlexDMD and enable the pupPack created by Hawkeyez88 by changing the options in the script.

* Main table overhaul: fluffhead35, oqqsan
* nfozzy and fleep: fluffhead35
* DOF: apophis
* New playfield design: HauntFreaks
* Playfield, image and lighting updates: HauntFreaks
* Backglass: HauntFreaks
* Droptarget Shadows: HauntFreaks
* Miscellaneous fixes and tweaks: Entire VPW team inc. Sixtoe, apophis, wylte, fluffhead35, oqqsan, Nailbuster
* 3d Inserts: oqqsan
* flupperdomes : oqqsan
* FlexDMD : oqqsan
* Apron Primitives: oqqsan and Tomate
* Ramp Primitives: tomate
* New Toy Primitives Chester,coins,key: oqqsan
* Scoring and game play enhancements: Rik, apophis, oqqsan
* Testing: Rik, apophis, VPW team
* Bone Organ Primitives: Tomate
* Bone Organ Animations: oqqsan
* wylte: Flasher shadows on ramp
* Original pupdmd code: Nailbuster
* Previous DMD animations: VPFiends

This release would not have been possible without the legacy of those who came before us including, in this case, Javiers VPX version.

Thank you to Rothbauerw and nFozzy for the physics. Thanks to Fleep for sounds.

Edited by VPinWorkshop
Updated per version 1.4

Included
Contact Author First.
10.8 required
Yes

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Youngone1972

9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Our cabinet was built around Javiers version however this latest release takes it to the next level, especially the addition of the animated bone organ.

Table plays great and I foresee many hours being spent on this one.

Great work as always by the VPW team 👍

20211103_204652.jpg

20211103_204717.jpg

Link to review
MulletLife

6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Thanks youuuu guuuuys!

Link to review
PacketNarc

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

What an amazing update ! Thank you to the entire team of talented people who originally created it and of course to the VPW team who took it into their “mad scientist” lab (probably at the base of a volcano somewhere) and totally juiced this thing to the MAX !!

I remember playing the heck out of Indiana Jones back when I was serving in the Marine Corps. One of my Staff Sgts apparently had a side -hustle running an arcade route and gumball machines etc.; and we had a heavily water damaged Indi in our barracks RnR room he had put there for us. 

So, when I started to get the itch for a vPin last year;  it was of course one of the first tables I tried. 

Shortly after, I asked my wife what kind of tables she’d like me to load and she is the one who suggested ‘why don’t we Google these VPW team guys and see if they have other cool things”. When she said they had a goonies table we loaded it within SECONDS !!

Let me tell you this table is TOUGH. I may just be too much of a rookie but there is just something about this table that is my Achilles heel. But I can’t step away from it. Flipper placement is slightly oblique which helps with long shots and the ramps dumping right into the sides makes it very forgiving when you need a combo and hit the wrong ramp (you’re set right back up for a follow up).

if you care about aesthetics this table has some of the best graphic-novel style art and the caricatures are very kitschy and cleverly designed. It pays homage to the original movie without being directly taken from a poster or screen grab which is very respectful of the original artists, costumers and screenwriters who created these characters. 

The bone organ ?? Forget about it; it’s epic. Whoever thought to flesh that thing out in full 3D is a genius. 

I don’t have SSF but have a feeling this table would be epic with full SSF and thumpers. 

I consider it a must-have and if you use a front-end like popper I would strongly consider  this table to be a staple for your attract-mode playlist. It’s beautifully done and you can’t see the artwork without wanting to walk up and see more of the table ! 

Link to review
zeek11

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I too sound repetitive, but you folx are absolute masters! This community would be... Well, the thought of it without you is something I don't want to imagine. You keep the community fresh with outstanding work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

20211101_130626.jpg

Link to review
Celticmac

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

TOP Work Fav Table - Review to follow

I have a error can someone point me in the right direction please 

When launching the table, I have this script error:

"Runtime error
-------------
Line: 9247
Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

All my other tables work without any issues.

Cheers

Mac

Link to review
stef974

Un hit pour moi cette table merci beaucoup :) 

Link to review
rjclarkee

Haha, i was playing the orignal for about 3 hours on friday, and then this drops. Instant dl.. instant 5 stars, if i smile any bigger people will think Ive done an ecstacy tablet. You guys ROCK xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

20211101_142726[1].jpg

Link to review
aladin112

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Bisher einer meiner Lieblings-Flipper und wird er mit diesem auch absolut bleiben! Sehr detailgetreu. Phantastischer Table! Ich bin total überwältigt. Die Grafiken sind hell und detailreich. Das Spielgefühl und der Realismus sind super. Der Sound ist klar und macht Spaß.

Vielen Dank! 

inbound1120582724021270876.jpg

Link to review
Bertone

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Great!!! Thanxxxxx again for so much work and love in this project 😍 👍

Link to review
Dje

12 of 15 members found this review helpful 12 / 15 members

Hi guys,

When launching the table, I have theis script error:

"Runtime error
-------------
Line: 9247
Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

This line is set as "    scene.AddActor vidvid"

What could I do? Thanks in advance for your help!

Link to review
Pinballflipper

This is such a great table! And not just because this move was one of my favorites growing up. This table is a joy to play, the artwork is top notch, and the lighting and sound effects combine for an absolute top of my playlist experience!

Thanks for this amazing table!!

Link to review
freakazoidman

The Goonies was one of my favorite FP tables. But this VPX edition with the amazing VPW upgrades puts the old FP table to rest. A great take on  Sterns Indiana Jones, with added rails, new rules and missions. Make sure you play this table with Hawkeyez88 pup-pack. That pup-pack is a game ganging experience and the only way to play this amazing table!

Link to review
gstewart79

The table is awesome, but why does the left flipper bring up the instructions card?

Link to review
Shadowsclassic

Thanks for keeping this great table state of the art.  I was today days old when I realized this was not a commercial table!  

Link to review
Virtualman-

I had 1.2 pupedition table and man 1.4 is a beaut on single screen/tv 86" in couch mode! Vpinball 10.8 (beta 😎 and all inner systems on latest flawless. I had to tweak the code a bit to adopt the changes but up and running in no time! Good job guys and fun fun fun table, great memories!

I was not aware this table had pupdmd version, it's rather cool compared to flexdmd.

image.png?ex=65c02bf3&is=65adb6f3&hm=5b8

Link to review
DomiKamu

Une très belle table, très sympa à jouer (pas trop difficile), merci V-Pin Workshop! 😉

A very nice table, great fun to play (not so difficult), thank you V-Pin Workshop! 😉

Link to review
PIPAllah

Peace,

Thanks for sharing.  This mod is awesome in every way.  A fine addition to my collection.

Link to review
JM136

Hi it's me again...my wife finally knows about us.  She caught me playing Goonies in the dark the other night and I had to confess.  Every time I scroll down on your content page I see another table...I might download Cats next...and I'm not even into cats :)

Link to review