5 From 33 reviews
314.68 MB File Size
bcats_l5 ROM Name
Unclewilly, VPW Created by
Williams Manufacturer
1989 Year

2 Screenshots

"One More Time…"

This was one of VPWs first projects a few years ago after Brad1X had done a complete vector re-draw of it. At the time we released it with a lot of added dirt and scratches, but we always wanted a version a bit more cleaned up. In addition to new toolkit lighting, it has had a physics overhaul, and a very detailed Fleep sound pass with the sound package used in Bride of Pinbot (a table from the similar era). 

This update was driven primarily by Benji who did a great job updating the project with blender toolkit. Thanks to Apophis for his various scripting help and tutorials getting movables to work, Rothbauerw for various helps, Tomate for modeling new plastic ramps, Mcarter for all the script-side updates (especially Fleep sound package), Iaakki and MrGrynch for scripting support. 

Special Notes: VPX 10.8 Beta 7 (or higher) required for this table. This table also takes advantage of a new options page feature in 10.8, accessed via F12 key. The 3rd page in this menu has table specific options including some sweet mirrored side blades. These are disabled by default because they come at a decent performance cost, especially if you are playing in anaglyph or VR. The ‘Day/Night’ setting here is also where you will adjust the table brightness (not to be confused with the same functionality of old Day/Night slider).

This project is dedicated to Brad1X who has done a few amazing re-draws for us and this is his favorite pinball table!

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

Edited by VPinWorkshop
Updated description for version 3.0

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=127
Contact Author First.
10.8 required
Yes

What's New in Version 3.0   See changelog

Released

This version requires: VPX 10.8.0 beta 7 (or later)
Version 3.0 includes:

• Complete visual overhaul
  • Sound effects overhaul
  • Physics updates
  • New built-in VPX options menu (press F12, then press left flipper)

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

gubbin

7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW

Link to review
Numiah

6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Look what I purchased ;)

I haz two!

IMG_1983.JPG

Link to review
Forbidden76

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a piece of art visually.

Especially in 3D is where the VPW tables shine.

The only thing I see that could be improved is the bumper sounds and sound when the ball hits elements on the table.

I have a 2019 Bad Cats version that doesn't look this good but sounds so much better on my SSF 43" Cabinet.

The front and rear bumpers really "thud" and when the ball hits elements on the table you can feel it.

I am using 4 Dayton exciters and a Dayton bass shaker in the cabinet.

Link to review
Rabmos

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Very impressive work! The visuals/lighting, the physics, the new ramps, the new SSF sound effects are all amazing. It was already a great table, but now it's one of my favorite tables ever. It's just so much fun to play. Thank you!

"One More Time…" -> Meow me' meow meow!

One small bug: the metal under "Fishbowl ramp" doesn't move at all when the ball runs info it. And a small visual detail: the tiger on the left (on top of "Tiger ramp") does have a strange looking level of detail effect/artifact in VR when I move my head slightly forward/backwards in VR. A other thing to notice, the F12 menu doesn't work properly in VR(got shown double, and only in the bottom of the display, works, but hard to see) with the latest 10.8 release(tested beta 7 too, same). But this all doesn't change the fact that this table is just amazing!

Link to review
robertms

You guys call this an update?? This new version is nothing short of a revelation!

Link to review
clemon79

It’s an awesome table, but this F12 thing isn’t working. When I hit F12 I get a popup in VPX asking me to set the volume. 

Link to review
mandermannen

WOW!! Crazy beautiful and realistic!! Hope this will be the new standard

Link to review
OnkelErdbeer

I love this table - it looks so good !!

Link to review
jba9913

Thank  You For This Great Table, Good Job!.

Link to review
forte

this is an old and hard table, really well done, another smash hit from the best team on the hobby, what a time to be a vpin enthusiast!, thank you

Link to review
DarthVito

6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

It really looks amazing. Thanks for the hard work done on the playfield. What a great recreation! 

I much prefer the previous menu system that’s been in use lately that utilizes the magna save buttons to bring up the menu. Requiring F12 doesn’t work in VR because you can’t see the menu. It’s tiny and too low in screen. So anytime I want to use the menu, I have to a) turn off vr in vpx b) turn on  vr preview in vpx. Then start the game, make the adjustments. Close the game and go back to turning VR on and the preview off. It’s rather cumbersome. 

Link to review
Cliffy

3 of 4 members found this review helpful 3 / 4 members

a great table made even better, thanks again VPW team! The drop target fix was all that was needed to polish 'er off. Fantastic. I will say I appreciate that you put the jackpot column in the backdrop for us desktop users but... for me I still prefer using @xenonph script add-ins and B2sDT.exe . This allows me to have the backglass on top in desktop mode with a functioning jackpot and animation using @Herweh awesome backglass.  I'm just grateful we have options AND a super VPW table to boot! 

bc-bg.jpg

Link to review
WaRcLaWz

This table was already in my top 20, and now with version 3 it has become one of my top ten of all time. It's so beautiful and it feels like playing a real table. I love it!

Link to review
neil81992

Beautiful looking table that plays so well - the update is a huge improvement.  Another one to show off to friends. Thank you.

Link to review
RetroRitchie

· Edited by RetroRitchie

Incredible work!
It can't be emphasized enough how much work goes in to bring these tables to life by these good folks.
Fantastic update - thanks a million!

(edited for bad word choice lol)

Link to review
Pinbabilly

Congratulations, brutal quality table, I have tested it with 3D anaglyph and it is impressive. Thank you for your wonderful work.

Link to review
PIPAllah

Peace,

Plays as good as the real table and better than the last vpx version.  Feel like the flippers are stronger and my shots are more accurate.

One of my college tables.  I might have to do a pup pack for this one also.

Link to review
roukmoot

Cette version 3 et tout simplement une version parfaite que ce soit visuellement, la physique au point, le bruit de roulement de la bille. tout est magnifique, nous sommes vraiment gâtés par votre travail. un grand merci à vous  

Link to review
MrGrynch

I had a chance to play this table quite a bit before release and man, it's really good.  I never played any other version of this, so this was my gold standard to begin with.  Awesome work by all of the VPW team.  These days, it takes a team to make top-notch tables, and there's no better team than @VPinWorkshop

Thank you!

Link to review
ashleyb

Wow!  Nice upgrade, was just thinking this table deserved the latest bells and whistles, and now it has them!  Thanks all.

Link to review
hauntfreaks

I've played the real machine a bunch.... and this plays better!!!... yeah yeah that makes no sense, but its still true
awesome job guys!!

Link to review