shivaFlippers is a replacement and a serious upgrade over the flippers used in all FP tables before it. shivaFlippers has more realistic shots, better control, and the unique variable coil system that simulates real flipper solnoids so you can vary the speed and strength of your shots. A good example of shivaFlippers and how it plays can be found in Jungle Girl fpx, which uses the 3.2 version, but will be upgraded to the new 3.3 version soon.
This now uses a variable coil system throughout the flipper arch when you press the flipper button (just like a real table). It is designed to emulate a actual flipper coil in operation, in which the amount of power gradually increases the strength (omega to you devs) of the flipper. This new code will start the variable coil at it's beginning coil when a flipper button is pressed no matter what degree the arch of the flipper is at, at the lowest point, at the highest point, and any angle in between. This means that in theory (remember, FP has it's limitations and bugs) you should be able to do all the things and special tricks that the pros do that require a variable strength. This means flick and tap passes, and I have seen Loop passes as well. (accidental, not based on personal skill)
This new version is a follow up to the previous version, based on previous comments and play from youtube videos, as well as new code additions and changes. My thanks to those that tested out the previous version, your comments (and videos so I can see different playing styles and find ways to improve shivaFlippers) were very helpful and I suspect you will find this version a lot better and more realistic when compared to the actual real world flippers. This uses and is adjusted to the "new template" in FP.
There is a video of the last 3.2 version here:
despite my poor playing, you can see how the flippers work. This new version though has been improved quite a bit.
The next release of Jungle Girl and the future major update to fpxEngine will use this new code. There are some pretty major changes with 3.3, but if you look in the script, previous version changes are noted as they give a good idea on what shivaFlippers can do over stock or DF flippers.
The latest shivaFlippers has a major new update that now supports dynamic Omega by flipper swing, (variable coil) and has a couple set tricks programmed in. (This depends on your hardware and reflexes)
- Variable coil strength, which varies the strength of the flipper depending on the flipper angle
* The amount of steps (or angles) are adjustable. Default set to 35. A lower number means stronger shots, a higher number means weaker shots
* Changing FlipperSwingAngleEnd can make flipper tap passes easier (Higher Number) or harder (Lower Number)
- Tip/tap pass for flipper start angle and max angle
- The flipper strength gets stronger the longer you hold the flipper button. This means that tip to tip passing is possible, but so are "loft" shots. This adds a huge degree of skill not possible before.
- Realistic EOS
- Flippers have better bounce
- New 2 wall method, with 3 triggers instead of timers
- Adjustable realistic aiming of how the ball angle comes off the flipper.
Version 3.3 (release notes)
- Variable coil is now FULLY enabled no matter what angle the flipper is at. Drop catches, tap passes, flipper flicks, no matter where the flipper is, oh my
' - Triggers reworked. A opto trigger is now used as opposed to a large trigger
' - Large sections of this code was rewritten
' - Fixed walls interfering if flippers all the way up. Walls reshaped and new coding in place. Ball can no hit as wall underneath the flipper if the flipper is raised
' - Flippers quite a bit more "snappy" compared to 3.1 version. Better range with the variable coil
' - Any flipper slowdown greatly reduced, closer to "never" now
' - you can adjust at a certain speed of the ball for when the walls become active, below that speed the walls are inactive
' - Separate by contact point omega's redone.
' - Coding simplified. Pre-Hits have been rewritten to increase performance and dependability