Cactus Canyon Continued - Proc In Vp?

Dazz

I can't quote on this forum for some reason so please excuse the @'s

@Sliderpoint - I'm not sure what system Wooly uses, is it P-ROC? - I guess if it is then it would be possible.

A couple more DOF entries to put in the database Dazz

E88 - Start Button Lamp

E151 - Knocker.

• Administrators

I can't quote on this forum for some reason so please excuse the @'s @Sliderpoint - I'm not sure what system Wooly uses, is it P-ROC? - I guess if it is then it would be possible. A couple more DOF entries to put in the database Dazz E88 - Start Button Lamp E151 - Knocker.

Dozer - not sure what's up with the quote. We'll start another topic on that to see if we can figure it out.

I seem to take one step forward and then 2 steps back when getting this setup.  I have been able to get all of the games to run the PROC code via command prompt. CCC, Skeleton, JD and ED I am able to get the DMD/Video.  I can't get the tables to run. No matter what I try I keep getting Script Error.  AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'machine_type' and then 'end_run_loop'.

My config is in my user directory and my vp_game_map.yaml is in C:\P-ROC\shared\config

I have gone back over tutorials several times and re-done just about everything.  Can't seem to figure it out. :(

I renamed my game_map and used yours.

When I launch ED with yours I get that error.

post-82-0-50207400-1451857057_thumb.jpg

Now if you look in your game_map, you don't have Evil Dead here at all. See the following add a game_map link and add this entry to the game_map:

https://bitbucket.org/horseyhorsey/pyprocgame-evildead/wiki/vp_game_map

You have CCC & SkeletonProc entries here.

Then I tried CCC but same errors. Further inspection saw at the very top that the slashes were opposite, could have been a problem.

rundir: C:/P-ROC/

What I ended up doing to fix after this was a little trick with SublimeText.  View > Indentation > Convert to Spaces.

Whatever text editor you used to update the CCC entry could've introduced formatting troubles with a yaml. You cannot see this going wrong by eye in any editor, not any I know of anyway.

Fixed yaml (but you need to add Evil Dead to this so just be aware of the indentation). I'd imagine at least notepad++ should be fine you can just copy the entry from the wiki.

vp_game_map.rar

• Administrators

I renamed my game_map and used yours.

When I launch ED with yours I get that error.

attachicon.gif!error.jpg

Now if you look in your game_map, you don't have Evil Dead here at all. See the following add a game_map link and add this entry to the game_map:

https://bitbucket.org/horseyhorsey/pyprocgame-evildead/wiki/vp_game_map

You have CCC & SkeletonProc entries here.

Then I tried CCC but same errors. Further inspection saw at the very top that the slashes were opposite, could have been a problem.

rundir: C:/P-ROC/

What I ended up doing to fix after this was a little trick with SublimeText.  View > Indentation > Convert to Spaces.

Whatever text editor you used to update the CCC entry could've introduced formatting troubles with a yaml. You cannot see this going wrong by eye in any editor, not any I know of anyway.

Fixed yaml (but you need to add Evil Dead to this so just be aware of the indentation). I'd imagine at least notepad++ should be fine you can just copy the entry from the wiki.

attachicon.gifvp_game_map.rar

Thanks, I do use notepad++ for all file editing. Not sure how it would have gotten messed up. I am able to get Skeleton and JD running again.

This is what I added for EvilDead

EvilDead:

path: /../games/EvilDead

kls: Game.Game

yaml: /../games/EvilDead/config/GameConfig.yaml

I took your code from the wiki and pasted it using NotePad++.  Then try to run the table and get errors, then tried Skeleton and JD again and got the same errors.  I then used Sublime Text as you stated and converted to Spaces and everything works.  Not sure why editing with Notepad++ is causing issues. :(

Looks like everything is good so far... Just waiting on CCC table. :D

horsey, to come back to my "project" ;) i want to put all this CCC sh* on my Cab now,

i start from the beginning, first it's enough, to install with your "one click" ?

( Win 7 64bit )

Because CCC comes as VPX, then just i have to check, if Skeleton run (?)

And game.py at CCC was changed ?

And ok for Table have to wait ...

• Administrators

horsey, to come back to my "project" ;) i want to put all this CCC sh* on my Cab now,

i start from the beginning, first it's enough, to install with your "one click" ?

( Win 7 64bit )

Because CCC comes as VPX, then just i have to check, if Skeleton run (?)

And game.py at CCC was changed ?

And ok for Table have to wait ...

There is a lot to it.

Follow this guide.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2286-cactus-canyon-continued-proc-in-vp/?p=25166

Once you have the Skeleton table running then you should be set for CCC.

Dazz....that is old guides. All of that work is done with the helper.

stefanaustria has installed the one click more than once. Also he probably has a working skeleton game installation (which you don't need to keep re-installing)

Any problems encountered are getting pretty standard now.

• SDL.dll helper download errors. Known issue where it may not copy the fixed dll. Find it in helper download zip and replace manually.
  •  
  • Don't edit config.yaml paths, you don't need to. You only need to add games to the vp_game_map. C:\P-ROC\Shared\Config
  •  
  • If you get errors from VP like ERROR 11 , can't access the vp_game_map.yaml. Try copying the original config.yaml from skeletonProc into C:\Users\%YourName%\.pyprogame
  •  
  • Weird VP error windows that say something about a switch on the second screen. (Fix the vp_game_map.yaml formatting)

You would have to practice getting other games working.

Once you can get one running in VP, you should be able to work easy with any others.

If VP table is provided with a working game, all you do is add to the vp_game_map.

If I was you I would just wait. I'm not going to provide more support (holding hands) for this because everything you need to know is in this thread or ED wiki.

Here is Cactus Canyon Continued VP10

This archive contains the vpx table, a directb2s backglass to use with it and another archive named cactuscanyon.rar containing the game code which needs to be extracted into the C:\P-ROC\Games\cactuscanyon directory.

In my case, my CCC game code is in C:\P-ROC\Games\cactuscanyon so I would extract the contents of cactuscanyon.rarto this directory and choose to overwrite all the files as I am prompted. Alternatively you could delete the contents inc:\P-ROC\cactuscanyon if you already have it and then just extract the archive contents into this location.

You need to do this otherwise the game will crash during certain modes.

In line with the original take down request issued to the original author of this modification, the game sound and dmd assetsare not included in this archive. The code's functionality has not been changed in any way either so does warrant being considereda separate project.

The VPX port of the table is rudimentary, I have not spent a lot of time tweaking it, it was for the sole purpose of getting thismod running with the view of enhancing the table at a later date in VP10 rather than 9.

Directb2s is on, (there is a cvar at the top of the table script if you want to turn it off) so if you have the DOF map included in your config you should get all the effects that the pinmame table gives. Don't forget to enter service mode like you would with a WPC game and change the position of the DMD etc. to suit your setup. The game has many features documented on the original authors site so take a look at them when you get a chance to get the most out of it.

A massive thanks to Horsey as well whose knowledge of this framework was the reason this table has been brought to life. If you haven't yet you should check out his Evil Dead table which uses the same framework as this game. Happy Trails :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wypvpo6xamn0fp7/Proc_CCC.rar?dl=0

• Administrators

Here is Cactus Canyon Continued VP10

This archive contains the vpx table, a directb2s backglass to use with it and another archive named cactuscanyon.rar containing the game code which needs to be extracted into the C:\P-ROC\Games\cactuscanyon directory.

In my case, my CCC game code is in C:\P-ROC\Games\cactuscanyon so I would extract the contents of cactuscanyon.rar to this directory and choose to overwrite all the files as I am prompted. Alternatively you could delete the contents in c:\P-ROC\cactuscanyon if you already have it and then just extract the archive contents into this location.

You need to do this otherwise the game will crash during certain modes.

In line with the original take down request issued to the original author of this modification, the game sound and dmd assets are not included in this archive. The code's functionality has not been changed in any way either so does warrant being considered a separate project.

The VPX port of the table is rudimentary, I have not spent a lot of time tweaking it, it was for the sole purpose of getting this mod running with the view of enhancing the table at a later date in VP10 rather than 9.

Directb2s is on, (there is a cvar at the top of the table script if you want to turn it off) so if you have the DOF map included in your config you should get all the effects that the pinmame table gives. Don't forget to enter service mode like you would with a WPC game and change the position of the DMD etc. to suit your setup. The game has many features documented on the original authors site so take a look at them when you get a chance to get the most out of it.

A massive thanks to Horsey as well whose knowledge of this framework was the reason this table has been brought to life. If you haven't yet you should check out his Evil Dead table which uses the same framework as this game. Happy Trails :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wypvpo6xamn0fp7/Proc_CCC.rar?dl=0

This works great. Did a test run via Remote Desktop and it ran. Can't wait to actually be able to take a few minutes and go out and actually test it on the cabinet. Thank you guys for all the hard work.

• Content Provider

I can't quote on this forum for some reason so please excuse the @'s @Sliderpoint - I'm not sure what system Wooly uses, is it P-ROC? - I guess if it is then it would be possible. A couple more DOF entries to put in the database Dazz E88 - Start Button Lamp E151 - Knocker.

I thought it was, could be wrong I guess.  Unless these are two different LTA's, I would think @LuvthatApex would know?  Is this not him?

• Administrators

Played a couple games this evening.  Fun game.  Couple of questions... I found how to move the DMD, but what about size of the DMD?  Also, how do you setup DOF to work with this table?

Currently have:
Color Display Pixel Size: 4, Color Display X Offset: 2200, Color Display Y Offset: 300,

• Content Provider

If you have a third screen you are very likely going to have to edit user_settings.yaml directly. Anything above 2500 px is out of range for x_offset in the service menu, but it looks like you can put in what you need if you edit the file. I set my pixel size to 10 and the resolution of my DMD screen to 1280x720 for edge-to-edge display. Also, my opinion, but it looks better with dot style ROUND.

Now, to see if I can figure out how to flip for a p2k-style cab.

Horsey's vp_proc_loader executable works with CCC, so that means it will be relatively easy to add to a front-end.

Really cool update. I've had some balls get stuck in the mine and at the Bart primitive.

Pixel size changes the size of the DMD - I don't think there are settings for the x,y size from memory.

To use DOF you need to create an entry named Proc_CC in your directoutputconfig.ini and assign the numbers I provided in the mapabove for the relevant solenoids / lamps and flashers. Use the directb2s file I provided in the archive.

• Content Provider

Pixel size changes the size of the DMD - I don't think there are settings for the x,y size from memory.

Yeah, I noticed what ever P-Roc was doing to calculate x,y did not really match the Windows x,y. I had expected to simply move the DMD to x=3840 but it wound up being 3798. In other words, there will be a bit of trial and error involved in positioning the DMD exactly.