Cactus Canyon Continued - Proc In Vp?

Dazz

• Content Provider

No, I get rid of one error and get another error. I've tried all kinds of game configs trying to get it to work, I still think I'm closer on the JD install than the CCC install. I am sure I don't have the games/jd and games/cactuscanyon folders set up right, as the zip files provided just had everything in the base folder, but my research said dmd and fonts and sounds had to be in a folder named assets... so I wonder what else I'm missing? If you have the PROC part working, would you show me your folder tree for CCC? and what files are where? I could still be missing files

Sure, here is the file structure for CCC (there are 3 zip files that contain everything, just unzip and the folders should be created)

\cactuscanyon\

\cactuscanyon\cc_modes

\cactuscanyon\config

\cactuscanyon\dmd (this is where all of the dmd files go from the dmd file zip)

\cactuscanyon\dots

\cactuscanyon\dots_sm_square

\cactuscanyon\dots_sqaure

\cactuscanyon\ep

\cactuscanyon\highscore

\cactuscanyon\images

\cactuscanyon\lampshows

\cactuscanyon\procgame

\cactuscanyon\shared

\cactuscanyon\sounds (note there are 3 subfolders music, quotes and sfx that the sounds go into. the sound zip is arranged for this)

\cactuscanyon\sounds\music

\cactuscanyon\sounds\quotes

\cactuscanyon\sounds\sfx

assets.py

cc.py (this is the main routine)

cc_machine.yaml (the machine settings file)

config.yaml (the keys file and some locations)

game.py (main run file)

tracking.py (main stats file)

vp_game_map.yaml (not sure about this one, it has to be somewhere)

you will also have compiled versions (assets.pyc, tracking.pyc,game.pyc) in this root folder. There is no 'assets' folder. The folders for the assets are 'dmd' and 'sounds' for CCC. Other games are laid out differently and have nothing to do with CCC.

JD for example has this file structure:

\jd

\jd\config

\jd\dmd

\jd\games

\jd\lamps

\jd\sound

There are 17 more files in the jd folder. Thats just the way the author wrote it.

i have followed your thread, if i can get also the pack, i ll help ... whatever, or you both get some Beers from me :)

And i think, this will stay a dream forever ? CCEE ...
http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!cactus-canyon-extended-edition/c6tp

atm. i cant find the DMD and Audio Parts ... done.

But have you Guys read that about the Installation ?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-cactus-canyon-continued-on-windows-7-or-xp-pcs-step-by-step

• Content Provider

I'd be willing to give the install a try as I at least have P-Roc working with VPX in my cab. I don't have the DMD or audio assets either. I did get Evil Dead installed and running. Found I couldn't get a ball to launch but that may be because I was using DSR and downscaling from 4K.

so my first steps works ... black and White (?) but ok ;) ... clear "wind Sound" ... then, what you guys did next, fren, luv ?

i used this how to: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-cactus-canyon-continued-on-windows-7-or-xp-pcs-step-by-step

start on step 10, before i installed with the "all in one"

continue ...

post-5730-0-06836200-1449570473_thumb.png post-5730-0-65873200-1449570736_thumb.png

Edit: holy Canyon ... in Color now ... but big and dont know how to move ... done: in Settings_template.yaml

post-5730-0-97053700-1449570985_thumb.png

Good. You have the p-roc code working.

The color display is fixed at a large res something like 1024x512, I'd have to check. It was so the display would perfectly fit the window

On the physical dmd. This is ok.

Seems everyone has the problem with the last step. Either the register vpcom doesn't register or the vproc controller crashes when it does register.

so my first steps works ... black and White (?) but ok ;) ... clear "wind Sound" ... then, what you guys did next, fren, luv ?

i used this how to: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-cactus-canyon-continued-on-windows-7-or-xp-pcs-step-by-step

start on step 10, before i installed with the "all in one"

continue ...

attachicon.gifccc_1_stat.png attachicon.gifccc_2_stat.png

Edit: holy Canyon ... in Color now ... but big and dont know how to move ...

attachicon.gifccc_3_stat.png

about VP: what we have to do ? first Launch the DMD, then start VP ?

about the Controller ... dont work ... Fren: i am interesting, what are your steps atm. ?

but we have to move the CCC Folder ( atm. mine is at c:/ ) to

C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon ... thats right ?

And then, there are many paths in many Files.

Thats bad, i have mixed many Tutorials :wacko:

Holy mother, what a Special ... atm. i do enjoy the Animations and Wind Sound lol

But i am sure, THIS machine will run soon ...

Edit: yes, got it registered ... forgot to run python as Admin.

But have no luck atm., i am here: https://github.com/mjocean/proc-visual-pinball

at "Config changes to your P-ROC settings to use the Visual Pinball/ Virtual P-ROC Bridge"

I think just Need to pair VP and PROC ... have to go out for a while :(

cont. later ... love this Screen ....

post-5730-0-41414600-1449578052_thumb.png