[WIP] - Elvis / Grease - SERUM

Boroka

On 8/31/2023 at 5:29 AM, sterpol said:

Hi,

Is it for real pinball of virtual?

In case it is for real pinball, would it be possible to get the file to test it?

Regards.

This will work on virtual and real both.  For real, see zedrummer's response above.  It is looking real good and the Grease table and pup is nearly complete.

Sorry. No I haven't released an official version  yet.  I'm hoping for around Halloween to get an alpha color out for Elvis,  I ended up redoing some masks and moving the slot machine sequences into sprites to reduce the number of frames in the project.  I do have WIP releases in our Discord "Elvis" channel.  All of the "Non-Elvis" frames are colored.. the Elvis "mode" frames are coming along, but a tad slower as I have taken over 700 dumps and trying to re-organize them sequentially for easier coloring.  I really am trying to do my best to make Elvis look like Elvis in about a 40x32 pixel area where he usually is singing/dancing  (See See Rider, Heart Break, Blue Suede Shoes, All shook up, Jailhouse Rock, where is is singing with the Slots) and keep it as close to rom original at the same time for these frames.

I've officially split the Project into 2 and also start coloring Grease stuff ( I can only take so much Elvis for so long in a row before I need to look away from it a bit, and come back later and make sure it meets or exceeds what I was trying to accomplish with it)

On that note.. Some of the Grease stuff (again none of this is probably finalized, just trying to capture ideas while they are fresh in my head, I will be re-visiting them all to improve them in the future)  I could jot stuff down on paper, but a week later that really won't help me remember what I was thinking..  I got to sketch it out while it is still fresh and bouncing around in the noggin, (which also has  slowed the Elvis progress a bit)..  I'm still working it (Elvis).. and hard (really trying to do it justice).... ~4 hours every evening.. 

Grease Stuff..

Elvis Trivia turned into Grease Movie credits.. (Will be re-vistiting and changing things on this)

greaseCredits.gif.1d45c360f729d45d6602a5323cf517c1.gif

"Player Up" concept - again will be changing for a cleaner look, but the concept is what I was trying to capture (and as I told the Discord guys, staying true to the movie, I plan to pick on Eugene as much as I can where it logically would fit)

greaseplayers.gif.5d482a0197cdfcae0ce35174b6a466a9.gif

"King" of rock-and-Roll turned into pink ladies

pinkladies.gif.825e5df51af2b10aca78422824c57df7.gif

pinkladiesscore.gif.5210221f7a5162a907500e84106ed59b.gif

pinkelvis.gif.d0da5391de1f68c342f55f78cc0a26d3.gif

Back to work....

-B

• 2 weeks later...

Some short ani gif's of some Elvis modes in action (frames are not exactly in the correct order in the gif, but close enough)

JHR

JHR.gif.fda389db22e491c28ebdae12e341fdbb.gif

BSS

BSS.gif.20e3b17d9330a2adb3fc16f1bc0301c4.gif

ASU

asu.gif.19a4a443c7cff94c1d05547546faa860.gif

Hound Dog is almost done (likely finish it tomorrow), and heartbreak should be done by next weekend..

Need to do  a bunch of "shoot the" transitions still.

Still looking like a Halloween Alpha release will be likely..

• 4 weeks later...

What a cool colorization.  I love the Serum treatment. 

I had to upgrade from an earlier version of Freezy to the 2.1.1 version.  It took me about an hour to get it working.  As a reminder to the others that might be upgrading- you must delete your SERUM.dll to get this version of Freezy to play nicely with your Serum colorizations.  Freezy has the Serum dll integrateted already.  I had that conflict and had to keep researching and messing with things before it hit me what was wrong.

6 hours ago, Magius74 said:

The Grease stuff is friggin mind blowing. I can't even believe this conversion. I just can't say thank you enough.

Thanks.. grease has been a really fun process since I already did the time consuming stuff for Elvis (dumping, sorting, masking frames)..

It also really helped coordinating with @judremy for the last year coming up with and throwing around ideas back and forth on what I thought I could covert the dmd to show to match with his pup/table stuff.

Still looking like I'm on progress for dropping this dmd around end of year.

• 2 weeks later...