[New B2S Alert] Spider-Man(Stern 2007)

Wildman

• Administrators

hopefully it will get them built and posted..we all know who made up the 3 year rule which is bullshit..its a  free game and its a hobby nobody sellin shit sooo

like its going to kill sterns empire lol, if anything it sell more pins..but thats another topic lol..

I say make them and get them out there NO GUTS NO GLORY..

Im makin these cause 1 they easy and 2 Im sick of the VPF Bullshit !!!!

sick of walkin on eggshells cause one site says  i have to, Fuck that and Fuck VPF.

1381003608.jpg      <<<<<<<<  VPF's True Identity

The Biggest  2 Faced You Ever Meet    1381004069.gif

Not worth getting into a debate over this but the origin of the 3 year rule predates Noah Wildman. Totally respect because of recent events that you have no love for Paul, but fighting what you consider is bullshit with bullshit only produces exactly that: more bullshit.

Release whatever tables you want, but this rule has nothing to do with paul, that is a fact, not a guess and not an assumption. It's fair to wonder if there will be any negative fallout over this, who knows? The question isn't do we want to find out, but rather do we need to.

• Administrators

Not worth getting into a debate over this but the origin of the 3 year rule predates Noah Wildman. Totally respect because of recent events that you have no love for Paul, but fighting what you consider is bullshit with bullshit only produces exactly that: more bullshit.

Release whatever tables you want, but this rule has nothing to do with paul, that is a fact, not a guess and not an assumption. It's fair to wonder if there will be any negative fallout over this, who knows? The question isn't do we want to find out, but rather do we need to.

thats your opinin loaf and thats  cool ,my point is whats the big deal..really whats the big deal ??um stern will close the doors.Thats not gonna happen

and if they did guess what...still nothin happen so why do we play these stupid games????

why?

Can we just move past the rules of another website on here? I couldn't care any less about some mythical wink and a handshake that happened years ago that remains unsubstantiated. I'm so sick of people pushing to establish the same rules here as with VPF. Let Paul run his site however he wants, but those rules don't apply here. Everyone needs to get over that. The second C&Ds from Stern start arriving here, I'm sure Dazz will do what he needs to do to remedy the situation.

Otherwise, the rules here are three years from the end of production, and I hope people embrace and take advantage of that freedom.

After sending countless emails myself to Stern asking their stance on releasing virtual pinball versions of their tables (and getting no response) I've come to a conclusion. A part of me thinks they are thinking who the hell are you and could care less and the other part of me thinks they could care less about recreations. I agree with DStruct... Who cares about the opinions and rules of other sites. Do as you (who run this site) wish.

• Content Provider

I'll be hanging with my buddy Gary again this year.... :D maybe I'll ask him....

The reality is we're not profiting from it in any way other than enjoyment. Therefore, we're not on radar.

Oh, and this site is it's own entity. No one owns this place except for Dazz, so he's the only one who can say what we do here.

Wildman, when are those shirts available? ;)

• Administrators

I'm ready for them to be released, BUT... the ones that we have need a lot of work.  I wouldn't want to release them in their current states as many were just created with whatever images people could get their hands on. No nice lighting effects or anything that we are use to now.  Many are very plain compared to the tables that we have now.  

Also, once we do release we should start with the OLDER ones that have been out of production for several years already.  Shrek, Family Guy, Spider-Man, etc.

WM - you post really wasn't necessary at all. We have no need to call him out.  I've been done with his crap and don't really care to see or hear anything about him here.

I've tried saying this on that other site, and can't seem to get through some very think heads. I use to be a Network Admin for a university in charge of Copyright enforcement and compliance.

Stern or any other Pin maker does not care about us or  these tables.  All they care about is making money off new tables and what they can get licensing older ones for digital play on PC, phones and consoles.

As long as they don't see this going main stream and hurting sales they are unlikely to do much about it.  They are required to be seen to enforce their license so it can be said in court that they have not abandoned it.

Calling attention to this hobby by bringing it up to the powers that be in written or verbal communication is a good way to force them to take an stance to protect their copywrite.  I suspect that the 3 year agreement is a nice way that Stern

helped the community by saying "We are in agreement and we are enforcing our rights"  

What got me on the other site is that certain posters seem to think their is some moral high ground here.  There is not. We do not nor will we in our lifetime ever have the legal right to make these tables.

Most have numerous copyrights that would take a flock of lawyers months or years to negotiate the rights to and those holding those rights know that better than we do. 

If they don't send a cease and desist order then they are either giving us the wink to go ahead or at the very least don't feel it's worth their trouble to do anything.

Stern has apparently made a deal with the community in order to cover them and I think we should make the effort to abide by it. 

I suspect that most of the movers and shakers in this community have already made those tables and have passed them around anyway and that's fine. I imagine they just don't want them out there where anyone can see and download them.

Okay, I got that off my chest, feel free to rip me a new one now.

Brian

• Content Provider

I've tried saying this on that other site, and can't seem to get through some very think heads. I use to be a Network Admin for a university in charge of Copyright enforcement and compliance.

Stern or any other Pin maker does not care about us or  these tables.  All they care about is making money off new tables and what they can get licensing older ones for digital play on PC, phones and consoles.

As long as they don't see this going main stream and hurting sales they are unlikely to do much about it.  They are required to be seen to enforce their license so it can be said in court that they have not abandoned it.

Calling attention to this hobby by bringing it up to the powers that be in written or verbal communication is a good way to force them to take an stance to protect their copywrite.  I suspect that the 3 year agreement is a nice way that Stern

helped the community by saying "We are in agreement and we are enforcing our rights"  

What got me on the other site is that certain posters seem to think their is some moral high ground here.  There is not. We do not nor will we in our lifetime ever have the legal right to make these tables.

Most have numerous copyrights that would take a flock of lawyers months or years to negotiate the rights to and those holding those rights know that better than we do. 

If they don't send a cease and desist order then they are either giving us the wink to go ahead or at the very least don't feel it's worth their trouble to do anything.

Stern has apparently made a deal with the community in order to cover them and I think we should make the effort to abide by it. 

I suspect that most of the movers and shakers in this community have already made those tables and have passed them around anyway and that's fine. I imagine they just don't want them out there where anyone can see and download them.

Okay, I got that off my chest, feel free to rip me a new one now.

Brian

I'd agree with this all except for 

"Stern has apparently made a deal with the community in order to cover them and I think we should make the effort to abide by it."

If this is true- absolutely. But then that is the 100,000$ question.....

But you're absolutely right. We have no legal right to make anything but originals. We are "tolerated" because we're not taking any money away from anyone doing this.

• Content Provider

Call 708.345.7700 ask for Gary Stern, tell them Itchigo sent you.

Or better still tell them you want to interview him for vpuniverse.com

Have a bunch of questions ready along with this important question.

This is probably his more private number and address if you want to send him a Christmas card.

Gary M. Stern
2020 Janice Ave
Melrose Park, IL 60160
(708) 786-7036

• Content Provider

Huh? I'd never call for something like that. Besides that, I have his email. ;)  But in all seriousness calling over something like this would look bad for us.

I know he's aware of us. But from talking to George last year, I don't think they take us seriously. Last year George, Gary and I talked for a good while about designing. George feels that "simulation" and the real thing are worlds apart. The way George was talking made me believe that VP was way down the list of hierarchy. Not of things they were interested in, but in terms of pinball in general, it was a lesser form of life.

Oh, Anrgrim: I was quoting Shadows Classic using the term "community". But I get your point. Just like our laws, none of us voted for them....

I'm ready for them to be released, BUT... the ones that we have need a lot of work.  I wouldn't want to release them in their current states as many were just created with whatever images people could get their hands on. No nice lighting effects or anything that we are use to now.  Many are very plain compared to the tables that we have now.  

Also, once we do release we should start with the OLDER ones that have been out of production for several years already.  Shrek, Family Guy, Spider-Man, etc.

WM - you post really wasn't necessary at all. We have no need to call him out.  I've been done with his crap and don't really care to see or hear anything about him here.

Cant wait to play them  :D   I am sure the wait will be worth it.  Dark Knight most excites me 

Please don`t take it the wrong way, but I really don`t hope that your site will become the "just go there if you want the new Stern stuff" VP Site.

• Content Provider

Even so, you have to have something you do better to keep members attention. I come here for the backglasses, and the relaxed attitude without the BS. My place has old EM's. You have to have a "draw". But you're right, it shouldn't be known as just that. But as Arngrim pointed out, there are more things going on here besides this.

Archived