[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Simpsons Pinball Party (Stern 2003) VPW Mod

Simpsons Pinball Party (Stern 2003) VPW Mod

Kick off your summer right with some donuts and beer!

VPin Workshop proudly presents Simpsons Pinball Party

We've given 32assassins classic the royal treatment including all new updates like nfozzy, fleep, flupper domes, flashers, rebuilt prims, sideblade art, dynamic shadows, rebuilt hardware, shots adjusted and on and on ...

Skitso relit the table for version 2.0.

Rawd has built an entire VR world around the simpsons (and we've also included lite versions to ease hardware usage)
New artwork for desktop users by Hauntfreaks
A companion Altsound featuring 500+ new music and sounds by idigstuff

Make sure to check the script for options and set the table for your setup!

VPW Pinball Party Planners
Project Lead - idigstuff
VPW Team - apophis, sixtoe, tomate, bord, nestorgian, iaakki, skitso

v2.0 Table Lighting -  Skitso
VR Stuff - rawd, leojreimroc
Desktop BG - hauntfreaks
Testing - Rik, PinstratsDan, BountyBob

Original Table Authors Coindropper, 32assassin
3D models : Dark, Watacaractr, Tomate
Major Mods by: HauntedFreaks, Neofr45

Hi, how to move the dmd in desktop mode? i'm really need this info because i use this table in my arcade with 4.3 monitor and the dmd show a little over the table. Thanks for the great work! 

EDIT: solved! :)

Edited by ricotero29

• 1 month later...

Hello! I recently tried playing this VPW version of The Simpsons and as much as it looks great and works with the pup pack... I can't get any table or flipper sounds to play at all! The triggers of the table do play the various pup pack scenes and even the color rom works, just no sound at all from the table.  I am using 10.7 Final to run it and tried everything except to reinstall my whole machine. Other Stern tables like Tron and Avatar and many others work with sound except this one.  I even also installed the altsound pack thinking maybe the new table is muting the rom but still no sound with altsound 0,1, 2 or 3.  Anyone know of this issue? Hope I can fix this soon so I can enjoy this table like everyone else is...  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Hi, when I try to run this table, I'm getting an error popup that says it was saved with VPX 10.72. When I try to continue I get another error saying that "Object doesn't support this property or method: bcap1Lit.opacity"

I can't find a 10.72 version of VPX anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction? 

22 minutes ago, topper2k said:

Hi, when I try to run this table, I'm getting an error popup that says it was saved with VPX 10.72. When I try to continue I get another error saying that "Object doesn't support this property or method: bcap1Lit.opacity"

I can't find a 10.72 version of VPX anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction? 

https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases Click on assets and make sure to get the newest RELEASE x86 version

4 hours ago, outhere said:

@playingmax  Thme to update
SEE - The latest Beta VP 10.7.2 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=4982#entry330264

thanks

4 hours ago, Retsamikit said:

@playingmax
you can also download the newest version here:
https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases

Thank you. should one should I install ?

Debug-win-x64.zip

Debug-win-x86.zip

10.7.2-281-8d0b4db-Release-win-x64.zip

10.7.2-281-8d0b4db-Release-win-x86.zip

• Content Provider
22 minutes ago, playingmax said:

thanks

Thank you. should one should I install ?

Debug-win-x64.zip

Debug-win-x86.zip

10.7.2-281-8d0b4db-Release-win-x64.zip

10.7.2-281-8d0b4db-Release-win-x86.zip

Always Release x86

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

How can i change the table to look like the first screenshot in the description, the one with the lit plastics, colored under playfield lights, nice colorfull look to the table. My table looks like the third screenshot, drab colors, no lit plastics, white dim under playfield lighting. I looked in the script but there's no adjustments for that. Thank you.

• Content Provider
8 minutes ago, GordonJames said:

How can i change the table to look like the first screenshot in the description, the one with the lit plastics, colored under playfield lights, nice colorfull look to the table. My table looks like the third screenshot, drab colors, no lit plastics, white dim under playfield lighting. I looked in the script but there's no adjustments for that. Thank you.

Table was updated to realistic lighting.  There's a script option for the nuclear blue bumpers and some other stuff... I don't remember if there are LUTs included, but you could use one to get some more vibrancy.

9 minutes ago, Wylte said:

Table was updated to realistic lighting.  There's a script option for the nuclear blue bumpers and some other stuff... I don't remember if there are LUTs included, but you could use one to get some more vibrancy.

That's extremely unfortunate. The realistic lighting looks, worse. Not good. Compare the plastics directly above the flippers. Night and day difference literally. Update looks like the lights are almost off. The underplayfield lighting on the original matches much more closely the actual table. See for yourself.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by GordonJames

• Content Provider
9 minutes ago, GordonJames said:

That's extremely unfortunate. The realistic lighting looks, worse. Not good. Compare the plastics directly above the flippers. Night and day difference literally. Update looks like the lights are almost off. Thanks for the reply.

You can still download the 1.0 and, if you're up for it, backport the fixes that are important to you.

• Content Provider
1 minute ago, GordonJames said:

I looked and there's only one version here. Is it somewhere else? Wayback internet machine? I'll search and see if i can find it.

Under "What's New in Version 2.0" -> click See Changelog -> click 1.0 -> With version 1.0: Download

Well in fairness GordonJames the video you linked is a demo game from Stern with LED's added, custom lighted flipper buttons and hinges among other things. I will agree however that the plastics are a bit flat compared to newer VPW releases.  Still the lighting looks pretty darned good at least in desktop mode. I also own the game.

tspp-pups-dt.jpg

Edited by Cliffy

24 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Well in fairness GordonJames the video you linked is a demo game from Stern with LED's added, custom lighted flipper buttons and hinges among other things. I will agree however that the plastics see a bit flat compared to newer VPW releases.  Still the lighting looks pretty darned good at least in desktop mode. I also own the game.

Every real machine i look at on YT looks like the original. Here's another... 

Nice bright plastics, bright colorful under playfield lighting. Saturated colorful playfield. Purple under playfield lights in front of the drop targets for example. The update table looks drab and dim IMO. I can barely see the drop target lights. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. There's parts of the update that look better than the original but too few IMO. Not that my opinion matters though lol. Here's what i think plastics, marquees etc look like when they're lit properly. This is some of my Vertical MAME overlays. https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/64383-dreamstates-4k-and-8k-realistic-vertical-mame-overlays/

Edited by GordonJames

14 minutes ago, GordonJames said:

Every real machine i look at on YT looks like the original. Here's another... 

Nice bright plastics, bright colorful under playfield lighting. Saturated colorful playfield. Purple under playfield lights in front of the drop targets for example. The update table looks drab and dim IMO. I can barely see the drop target lights. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. There's parts of the update that look better than the original but too few IMO. Not that my opinion matters though lol. Here's what i think plastics, marquees etc look like when they're lit properly. This is some of my Vertical MAME overlays. https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/64383-dreamstates-4k-and-8k-realistic-vertical-mame-overlays/

yeah I have a bunch of your mame overlays :) beauty stuff!