New version! Pin2Dmd dmddevice.dll with DmdExt as plugin

lucky1

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, bryy77711 said:

Hello, I downloaded the x64 file,added to vpinmame,added pac file to world poker tour but it didn't change. Using freezy 1.10.3 thanks

Do you use pinmame64 with dmddevice64.dll ? If not there is no sense using 64 bit version of my DLL

You cant use freezy 1.10.3 if you use my dmddevice.dll . My contents of the zip replace freezys DLL

Did you enable the colorize option in pinmame ?

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, SeaberJenkins said:

Thanks for the info. I could technically use the old pal file if I setup the parameters in pinup popper. I could create a separate folder with the old dll and have popper use that for Spiderman and any other games with patched roms that aren't working correctly. I had to do that for Street Fighter and Mario so I could do something similar I believe? I created a folder called Freezy 171 and had the older dll's in it. I could setup another one for the patched roms. I will try it and see how it goes. Just tried it and it worked. I created a folder called Freezy Patched Roms and put the older DLLs in it. Then I added my parameters in pinup popper so when the game loads it will use the old dll for that game. It worked like a charm. Thanks for all of your hard work by the way. These color DMDs are amazing additions to the gameplay. 

Thanks for sharing the info, but that is exactly what I want to avoid with this DLL  I had a deeper look at spiderman and it seems to be a "hybrid" project which uses pinball browser AND the pin2dmd editor. I found an issue with those projects and fixed it in the version I just uploaded ! 

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/integration/pinmame

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, bigrob3773 said:

I dont know if this will be helpful.  I have upload by dmddeivce.log file.  I have reinstalled both freezy 1.10.2 and 1.10.3 then used the lucky's DLL file.  My .pac work but my .pal dont.  The log show its still trying to look and the DMDdevice.ini not the DMDext.ini.. Is this supposed to be correct?

Why do you reinstall Freezy ? My zip contains freezy as dmdext.dll and replaces all previous versions.

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Why do you reinstall Freezy ? My zip contains freezy as dmdext.dll and replaces all previous versions.

Sorry.. I reinstalled Freezy to esnure I had everything working before applying your .dll. Once everything was working IE all colorized roms and no .Pacs.  I then applied your 3 dll files from the download. After these were copied, the PACs now work but not the old colorized versions.  image.png.0519c5e11a694d5c2ff066fe8e50369a.png

• Content Provider
16 minutes ago, bigrob3773 said:

Sorry.. I reinstalled Freezy to esnure I had everything working before applying your .dll. Once everything was working IE all colorized roms and no .Pacs.  I then applied your 3 dll files from the download. After these were copied, the PACs now work but not the old colorized versions.  image.png.0519c5e11a694d5c2ff066fe8e50369a.png

Could you please try the version from today ?

• Content Provider
32 minutes ago, bigrob3773 said:

I just did and nothing changed.  

Do you have any other location where a freezy dmddevice.dll could be installed that needs to be replaced ?

• Content Provider

I just updated the installation instructions to

Please download the DmdDevice.dll  zip file here  https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/integration/pinmame

and extract the files in the zip to your pinmame folder. It should overwrite your existing freezy dmddevice.dll. Your custom freezy settings in the dmddevice.ini need to be copied to dmdext.ini or just rename your dmddevice.ini to dmdext.ini. It should work just like before.

Response: Checked the32bit dll Version from today: may 06: The old colorizations are working, the new pac files also. No problems in sight.🙂
(Desktopper - one Screen only)
I tested Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings, Scared Stiff and a few others..

Edited by Retsamikit

• Content Provider
On 5/3/2022 at 10:13 PM, Retsamikit said:

Question about the 64Bit Release: The 32 Bit works very well. My Pinball Y uses the 64bit dll and I tested the new one. Does not work. Back to the original.
I guess its because the 64 Bit Release is still in progress?

I just tested the 64bit compile with Setup64.exe from vpinmame64 and it worked exactly the same way as the 32bit version.

5 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Do you use pinmame64 with dmddevice64.dll ? If not there is no sense using 64 bit version of my DLL

You cant use freezy 1.10.3 if you use my dmddevice.dll . My contents of the zip replace freezys DLL

Did you enable the colorize option in pinmame ?

ok thamks. i probably downloaded the wrong file and i have 2 dll files in my pinmame. i did choose true on pin2dmd.

Hello to all,
Thank you and congratulations for the work done on the colourisations.
However, the Pupack of the Baywatch table does not work anymore since the update. This is the only Puppack that has this problem.
Sorry if this case has already been mentioned, but I may have missed some posts, as my English is quite poor. Thank you.

1 hour ago, bryy77711 said:

ok thanks. i probably downloaded the wrong file and i have 2 dll files in my pinmame. i did choose true on pin2dmd.

ok i got it working, but my bitpixel stoped working. i have it set to true and comport3 but nothing. any suggestions? thanks

3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could you please try the version from today ?

im in the same boat. tried the new dlls linked above the following .pal and .vni files aren't working. 

Judge dredd

Champion pub

Lethal weapon

Popeye

Teenage mutant ninja turtles

Terminator 2

The lord of the rings

still don't work. a lot of others do though. like white water, rocky & Bullwinkle, etc. 

all pacs are still working great.

11 minutes ago, daveloro said:

im in the same boat. tried the new dlls linked above the following .pal and .vni files aren't working. 

Judge dredd

Champion pub

Lethal weapon

Popeye

Teenage mutant ninja turtles

Terminator 2

The lord of the rings

still don't work. a lot of others do though. like white water, rocky & Bullwinkle, etc. 

all pacs are still working great.

just tested T2 and mine is working with the new updated dlls.  wonder what it could be,  however my Mary Shelley Frankenstein table is still crashing from the new .dll's so I just stopped using them for now.    

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, harrykoseck said:

Hello to all,
Thank you and congratulations for the work done on the colourisations.
However, the Pupack of the Baywatch table does not work anymore since the update. This is the only Puppack that has this problem.
Sorry if this case has already been mentioned, but I may have missed some posts, as my English is quite poor. Thank you.

Just recognized that pup uses 128x32 pixel as triggers although baywatch uses 192x64. Very odd !

I uploaded a new version to github which should fix baywatch pup.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Pegula said:

just tested T2 and mine is working with the new updated dlls.  wonder what it could be,  however my Mary Shelley Frankenstein table is still crashing from the new .dll's so I just stopped using them for now.    

Could you tell which scene is crashing ?

@lucky1 I wanted to comment on something that Zanaca72 discovered and confirmed by Super Koke is that if there are hidden files in the altcolors folders, they will not work correctly with the pal and vni files
Deleting the hidden ones both the pac and the vni work correctly

I wanted to comment on something that Zanaca72 discovered and confirmed by Super Koke is that if there are hidden files in the altcolors folders, they will not work correctly with the pal and vni files
Deleting the hidden ones both the pac and the vni work correctly

Sorry I messed up my silly finger and repeated the comment

Edited by nestorgian

I`m so sorry but somehow,I dont seem to get the pac-fuiles to work.

I am on freezy 1.10.2 I copied the zip files into my Vpinmame folder and adjusted the options in the ini, as is in dmddevice.ini

Pac is in the altcolor in map named the same as rom.

I`m so sorry,i am a newbie,amI missing something here ? 

24 minutes ago, Reneeke said:

I`m so sorry but somehow,I dont seem to get the pac-fuiles to work.

I am on freezy 1.10.2 I copied the zip files into my Vpinmame folder and adjusted the options in the ini, as is in dmddevice.ini

Pac is in the altcolor in map named the same as rom.

I`m so sorry,i am a newbie,amI missing something here ? 

I think you have to make pin2dmd true in dmdext.ini file if I'm not mistaken.