New version! Pin2Dmd dmddevice.dll with DmdExt as plugin

lucky1

26 minutes ago, okerra said:

Ok I find if there is someone else or someone uses pin2dmd or virtual crash problems only when it is executed with pupack in the TMNT table, can someone confirm this so that it can be checked if it is a real problem?

Thanks

It happens to me that with the Lucky dll and the puppack the table closes, not even the dmd appears, however I put the frezzy dll, and it works again

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, ktmspark said:

yes i can confirm the same happens to me , I have lcd dmd and tmnt loads table and pup pack , shows no dmd, then crashes back to black screen and leaves the pup pack running 

Could you please test with the latest version ?

• Content Provider

Hi,

I've been testing the latest release on my Junk Yard project with all sorts of coloring modes, I also played arount with dmdext.ini options, and it works like a charm !

Appreciate the .pac extension making the installation easier and the files a lot lighter.

Good job !

• Content Provider

A couple of questions. (using vpin only with LCD DMD)

1. With this new version does it make the dmddevice.ini file no longer needed and it uses the dmdext.ini  now, or will that only be the case for tables you are using a .pac altcolor file?   I noticed custom configs for games like TMNT that I tested a .pac file with save to the dmdext.ini file now.

2. I noticed the ini files referenced in this post have version numbers that are lower than the 10.1.3 beta build and even the 10.1.2 latest build, so while in FlexDMDui it complains about having outdated ini files, anyone know if that will be an issue at all?

image.png

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, BurtMacklin said:

1. With this new version does it make the dmddevice.ini file no longer needed and it uses the dmdext.ini  now, or will that only be the case for tables you are using a .pac altcolor file?   I noticed custom configs for games like TMNT that I tested a .pac file with save to the dmdext.ini file now.

The new version uses only the dmdext.ini instead of the dmddevice.ini

1 hour ago, BurtMacklin said:

2. I noticed the ini files referenced in this post have version numbers that are lower than the 10.1.3 beta build and even the 10.1.2 latest build, so while in FlexDMDui it complains about having outdated ini files, anyone know if that will be an issue at all?

Did you have any issues or did FlexDMD work ?

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, lucky1 said:

The new version uses only the dmdext.ini instead of the dmddevice.ini

Did you have any issues or did FlexDMD work ?

FlexDMD seems to still work on a couple of the tables I tried so far.  Seeing red isn't usually a positive thing, need to test more to really answer that.  I just wanted to point it out just in case it does show up as an actual functional issue, it looks like the version numbers of the dll files is really all it's complaining about, so if it was a 1.10.3.x version or something it would probably be happy.  If nothing else I just wanted to bring it up.  Thanks for the clarification on the dmdtext.ini, I thought that looked like the case with my testing.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, BurtMacklin said:

FlexDMD seems to still work on a couple of the tables I tried so far.  Seeing red isn't usually a positive thing, need to test more to really answer that.  I just wanted to point it out just in case it does show up as an actual functional issue, it looks like the version numbers of the ini files is really all it's complaining about, so if it was a 1.10.3.x version or something it would probably be happy.  If nothing else I just wanted to bring it up.  Thanks for the clarification on the dmdtext.ini, I thought that looked like the case with my testing.

The version it displays is from my dmddevice.dll instead of freezy. I could change that but I currently don´t see a reason for that.

• Content Provider
4 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

The version it displays is from my dmddevice.dll instead of freezy. I could change that but I currently don´t see a reason for that.

Sounds good, just wanted to bring it up, since i'm sure someone else would and noticed it.  I tested several tables now and flexdmd still seems to work just fine.  Just the UI shows that error because of the dll version numbers.  So looks like it's just cosmetic.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:06 AM, lucky1 said:

I think that is the reason then. Freezy only supports winusb and libusb32 I think. 

For later applications winusb is recommended for backwards compatibility to older applications linusb32 is the right choice.

Yes, you are correct.  I changed to winusb driver and now enabled = true works to output to pin2dmd.  Also, enabled = native still works as well.

Found a Problem: I am a Desktop Pinballer, so my Backglasses are in a Window above the Table. I tried the new Lord of the Rings Colorization, copied the dlls to vpinmame and tried the pac file.
Looks phantastic, works. Only my Backglass was gone behind and didnt stay on top. I copied back the old dll´s and checked again: Backglass was back again and stayed on top.
For me this Function of DMDext is VERY important, without I have no Backglasses. I could reproduce the Bug.  I checked onother table: bs-dracula - works with backglass and with a pac file - no problems.
Strange...
Edit: As the DMDext.ini does the same as dmddevice.ini - I copied all from ini to ini.. saved.. Now it seems to work. Got no Idea why.. 🙂

Edited by Retsamikit
Found a solution..

So in Future I will have two *inis? DMDDevice.ini AND DMDext.ini? I mean, some of my Tables do not use external dll, If I understand, they will be controlled as before by DMDDevice.ini and If I use the plugin, the table will be controlled by DMDext.ini?

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, Retsamikit said:

So in Future I will have two *inis? DMDDevice.ini AND DMDext.ini? I mean, some of my Tables do not use external dll, If I understand, they will be controlled as before by DMDDevice.ini and If I use the plugin, the table will be controlled by DMDext.ini?

The dmddevice.ini is from the freezy dmddevice.dll. If your tables do not use a external DLL they should not use any ini.

I can get the colors working great on color tables...... but the latest dll files make all my non color tables turn closer to yellow instead of the normal orange color, messed with it for hours, end up with same result every time.  Wondering if anyone else has this issue,  I guess for now I will not use the external dll option for non color tables.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, keithhov said:

I can get the colors working great on color tables...... but the latest dll files make all my non color tables turn closer to yellow instead of the normal orange color, messed with it for hours, end up with same result every time.  Wondering if anyone else has this issue,  I guess for now I will not use the external dll option for non color tables.

For tables which don´t have the colorize checkbox checked in the pinmame settings it uses the RGB value entered to calculate the palette.

You can change the color to whatever you like there.

First off thanks for the continued work/development for those working on vpin setups and the work on 64-color feature.  A couple questions:   

1. I am using PAL files for "simple" colorized setups (non-64-color) where a full-blown ROM color conversion hasn't been completed.  Is there anyway a legacy non-64 color PAL file will work with your version, or PAC only format?  (testing so for, appears PAC only). 
  2. Is there any way to convert a PAL to PAC?  I looked at the editor tool and looks like need the original XML files to save as to PAC but wouldn't (that I know of) have those for simple PAL files.  

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, sundogak said:

I am using PAL files for "simple" colorized setups (non-64-color) where a full-blown ROM color conversion hasn't been completed.  Is there anyway a legacy non-64 color PAL file will work with your version, or PAC only format?  (testing so for, appears PAC only). 

Just tested a pinmame ROM with a simple 16 color palette .pal file named pin2dmd.pal and worked without a problem.

I have to say - testing a project utilizing  all 6 color modes and it just looks so awesome on the PC DMD .  No errors at all.   It looks good on the real Pin2DMD as well, but something about the glowing characteristic of the PC DMD just makes it looks so good.  Thank you lucky1 for this plugin solution and also whoever is responsible for the PC DMD interface - great job!