New version! Pin2Dmd dmddevice.dll with DmdExt as plugin

lucky1

3 hours ago, MikeDASpike said:

It doesn't matter what the name is, as it just end to .pac

Edited 3 hours ago by MikeDASpike

Hmm, looks like you are correct.  Also, if you have more than one .pac file in the folder, it looks like it uses the first by alphabetic order.

I see a lot of confusion out there, myself included. If we are to still use Freezy's dmddevice.dll as a plugin and use lucky1's dmddevice.dll for color DMDs we can't really copy the new lucky1 version to our VPinMAME folders (as per the instructions) or we will overwrite Freezy, can they coexist side by side in the VP folder? Is it possible to use one or the other and still get our DMDs with color? Just not sure what direction I should be going here especially if the colorizations are moving to .pac, or maybe just some are and we are headed towards an HDDVD vs Blu-ray scenario :)   Please don't take this as any kind of complaint, this is my second year with Virtual Pinball and I just need help with an explanation of what the future is shaping up to be and what my options are. Thanks

Okay finish reading all comments. Can I rename *. Pal to *.pac? Or Do I have download colorized set and hopefully authors color transform to *.pac. I am not demanding anything, just asking. I am Desktop User. I have half DMD screen. What is pac stand for? Thank you reading .

18 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could you please try if this version is working better ?

dmddevice.dll 124.5 kB · 14 downloads

Thanks.  I went back and tried a fresh VPX 10.7 install (all in one) on same machine.  I tried the DLL you attached and also your original one and both work with correct palette on the Elvis PAL and PAC files (i.e., no issues).    So as you expected/noted something weird on my main install causing conflict somewhere. Just bizarro that it is the PAL file being odd but the PAC colorized have no issues.  Will back crank and see if can find the culprit.  

Edited by sundogak

1 hour ago, VPGamer75 said:

Okay finish reading all comments. Can I rename *. Pal to *.pac? Or Do I have download colorized set and hopefully authors color transform to *.pac. I am not demanding anything, just asking. I am Desktop User. I have half DMD screen. What is pac stand for? Thank you reading .

No, do not rename a PAL to PAC.  The PAC files are generated from the colorization authors from their original files using the updated editor Lucky1 also provided that can export out to PAC format.  Basically, you have to wait for the authors to export it in that format. 

2 hours ago, VPGamer75 said:

What I understand from this complete thread is the .pac extension a new export of the pin2dmd editor.

It is a replacement for the .pal and .vni files .

You cannot rename the old .pal to .pac. Some authors already update their creations as .pac. but as both are working for lucky's and freezy's dmddevice.dll,  you can still have the old and new files for colorized roms.

7 minutes ago, sundogak said:

No, do not rename a PAL to PAC.  The PAC files are generated from the colorization authors from their original files using the updated editor Lucky1 also provided that can export out to PAC format.  Basically, you have to wait for the authors to export it in that format. 

Ah. You beat me. Ignore my post

Here is what the Spiderman VE color patch ROM looks like after updating. Spidermans colors are backwards and the last scene after you drain 3 balls is a different color each time. I have also seen some strange colors with the AC/DC patched rom. 

spiderman ve intro.PNG

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, SeaberJenkins said:

Here is what the Spiderman VE color patch ROM looks like after updating. Spidermans colors are backwards and the last scene after you drain 3 balls is a different color each time. I have also seen some strange colors with the AC/DC patched rom. 

spiderman ve intro.PNG

Spiderman VE and ACDC are patched PinballBrowser ROMs . They use only a list of palettes and get the information which palette to use from the ROM. So I guess there is a palette switch information missing in the modified ROM. 

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, studlygoorite said:

If we are to still use Freezy's dmddevice.dll as a plugin and use lucky1's dmddevice.dll for color DMDs we can't really copy the new lucky1 version to our VPinMAME folders (as per the instructions) or we will overwrite Freezy, can they coexist side by side in the VP folder?

The DMDExt.DLL in my zip IS the latest version of Freezy with some updates to make it work that way.

The source is here  https://github.com/lucky01/dmd-extensions/tree/dmdext.dll

The goal of this to use the colorization code from my dmddevice.dll and combine it with Freezy to have 

virtual DMD output. So if you copy the contents of the zip to your VP folder, they already co-exist.

It supports all previous file versions of colorizations like .pal/.vni or .pal only and the new single file .pac format.

Thank you for all that you do. I do have an issue that  I can not seem to solve.

The non .pac (old color) files are not showing as colored.  I have verified that the color DMD box's is selected. When I go back to the old Freezy files the color .pal and .vid the color works but not the .pac

.Pac files working great but some .pal and .vni no longer working after update. example: cactus canyon & Judge Dredd. orange and blue default palette used.  some still work fine such as white water or rocky & bullwinkle

Edited by daveloro

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, bigrob3773 said:

Thank you for all that you do. I do have an issue that  I can not seem to solve.

The non .pac (old color) files are not showing as colored.  I have verified that the color DMD box's is selected. When I go back to the old Freezy files the color .pal and .vid the color works but not the .pac

1 hour ago, daveloro said:

.Pac files working great but some .pal and .vni no longer working after update. example: cactus canyon & Judge Dredd. orange and blue default palette used.  some still work fine such as white water or rocky & bullwinkle

This guy had the same problems and here is how he solved it

43 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

This guy had the same problems and here is how he solved it

apologies but I tried the same thing after his comment and cactus canyon still did not work.

fresh install from 10.7.0 all in one installer, copied the files in your zip to the vpinmame folder. 

pacs work, certain pals and vnis don't work such as cactus canyon and judge dredd.

can you please test cactus canyon pal and vni and tell me if you have it working with your release?

also wanted to take the time here to thank you for your hard work Lucky1. 

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, daveloro said:

apologies but I tried the same thing after his comment and cactus canyon still did not work.

fresh install from 10.7.0 all in one installer, copied the files in your zip to the vpinmame folder. 

pacs work, certain pals and vnis don't work such as cactus canyon and judge dredd.

can you please test cactus canyon pal and vni and tell me if you have it working with your release?

also wanted to take the time here to thank you for your hard work Lucky1. 

I copied the contents of the zip to altcolor/cc_13 , checked the colorize checkbox in the pinmame settings and started the cc_13 rom and it worked.

10 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I copied the contents of the zip to altcolor/cc_13 , checked the colorize checkbox in the pinmame settings and started the cc_13 rom and it worked.

Can you please show exactly what checked in pinmame settings, I’m still having problems.

Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Redwings13 said:

Can you please show exactly what checked in pinmame settings, I’m still having problems.

Thank you.

Redwings13 hit F1 when the game is running
I put the pac file for cactus Canyon in the altcolor folder and everything worked fine

I dont know if this will be helpful.  I have upload by dmddeivce.log file.  I have reinstalled both freezy 1.10.2 and 1.10.3 then used the lucky's DLL file.  My .pac work but my .pal dont.  The log show its still trying to look and the DMDdevice.ini not the DMDext.ini.. Is this supposed to be correct?

DmdDevice.log

2 hours ago, outhere said:

Redwings13 hit F1 when the game is running
I put the pac file for cactus Canyon in the altcolor folder and everything worked fine

Hi Outhere, the .pac files that I’ve run so far, maybe 3 or 4 are working fine, it’s some of the ones that are using .pal and .vni files that aren’t right(4 colors) baywatch which runs on the backglass is 4 colors, it was full color before. AC/DC I’m using .pal and .vni  and is very good and colorful. I can’t quite remember some of the others right now that I’m not at my cabinet. Like I said before I’m using a real dmd on my virtual cabinet.

just can’t figure out why some work and some don’t.

I’d like to get this figured out because I know I won’t have a choice later on.

I thought it might be something in the .ini folder to check off for the color, but I didn’t see it or over looked it.

Edited by Redwings13

17 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Spiderman VE and ACDC are patched PinballBrowser ROMs . They use only a list of palettes and get the information which palette to use from the ROM. So I guess there is a palette switch information missing in the modified ROM. 

im having the same issue with this it showing all blue

after downloading and installing all available .pac files here on vpuniverse, I tested all colorized dmd games and these are the ones that aren't working for me. (they're all .pal and .vni. can't think of anything else they have in common. does anyone else see a pattern?)

Champion pub

Judge dredd

Lethal weapon

Popeye

Teenage mutant ninja turtles

Terminator 2

The lord of the rings

if others could test I would appreciate it. I mentioned earlier that cactus canyon wasn't working but the creator recently uploaded a .pac and it works great. 

Edited by daveloro

7 minutes ago, daveloro said:

after downloading and installing all available .pac files here on vpuniverse, I tested all colorized dmd games and these are the ones that aren't working for me. (they're all .pal and .vni. can't think of anything else they have in common. does anyone else see a pattern?)

Champion pub

Judge dredd

Lethal weapon

Popeye

Teenage mutant ninja turtles

Terminator 2

The lord of the rings

if others could test I would appreciate it. I mentioned earlier that cactus canyon wasn't working but the creator recently uploaded a .pac and it works great. 

I downloaded all the pac files (except cc) and tested them. Only fg has a bug in it. I have a pindmdv3 and running latests version of lucky's dmddevice. 

Also the sam colorized roms for acdc and spiderman works fine

20 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Thanks for the info. I could technically use the old pal file if I setup the parameters in pinup popper. I could create a separate folder with the old dll and have popper use that for Spiderman and any other games with patched roms that aren't working correctly. I had to do that for Street Fighter and Mario so I could do something similar I believe? I created a folder called Freezy 171 and had the older dll's in it. I could setup another one for the patched roms. I will try it and see how it goes. Just tried it and it worked. I created a folder called Freezy Patched Roms and put the older DLLs in it. Then I added my parameters in pinup popper so when the game loads it will use the old dll for that game. It worked like a charm. Thanks for all of your hard work by the way. These color DMDs are amazing additions to the gameplay. 

DMD Files.PNG