New version! Pin2Dmd dmddevice.dll with DmdExt as plugin

lucky1

Works great, the only odd thing I’ve noticed is it washes out the red flex dmd on Blood Machines.  Put the original freezy dlls back in place and all ok again.  

Anyone else notice this?  

Only other flex dmd tested such as deadpools seemed ok, unless it just wasn’t as noticeable.

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, ashleyb said:

Works great, the only odd thing I’ve noticed is it washes out the red flex dmd on Blood Machines.  Put the original freezy dlls back in place and all ok again.  

On 4/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, BurtMacklin said:

2. I noticed the ini files referenced in this post have version numbers that are lower than the 10.1.3 beta build and even the 10.1.2 latest build, so while in FlexDMDui it complains about having outdated ini files, anyone know if that will be an issue at all?

Please test with the latest version. Should be fixed now.

One word about the colors though. My intention is to have the look of a virtual DMD as close as possible to a real pin2dmd that the colorization authors don´t have bother about any differences there when they create colorizations using the pin2dmd editor. So it may be that you experience that the picture of a previous version of freezy looks different to this DLL but when the previous version was off compared to a real pin2dmd I will keep it like it is now.

El color de Indiana Jones en pin2dmd falla principalmente en la puntuación, las escenas y las transiciones parecen estar bien, tested with older DLLs and those released today

Thanks

IMG_20220502_163737.jpg

IMG_20220502_163740.jpg

IMG_20220502_163714.jpg

Edited by okerra

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, okerra said:

El color de Indiana Jones en pin2dmd falla principalmente en la puntuación, las escenas y las transiciones parecen estar bien, tested with older DLLs and those released today

Thanks

First of all, please post in english.

It seems that this is NOT an issue of my DLL but of the colorization. Please post in the thread of the IJ colorization.

• Content Provider

It is possible that I did not cover the credit dot yet but I am not sure, maybe someone can confirm this. I will recheck the project when I find some time, maybe first try to use the free play instead. Otherwise fix your machine due to the startup test results to make the dot disappear. To me it looks more like a not triggered scene than an issue with the dll.

Curious, how does this work with PUP packs? 

PUP packs need the uncolorized output.  In Freezy's DMDExt this is handled by splitting the output off to DMDPup before the colorization engine gets to it.   If dmdext is chained after your colorization process, does it still have access to the original stream?

• Content Provider
  • 13 minutes ago, DJRobX said:

Curious, how does this work with PUP packs? 

PUP packs need the uncolorized output.  In Freezy's DMDExt this is handled by splitting the output off to DMDPup before the colorization engine gets to it.   If dmdext is chained after your colorization process, does it still have access to the original stream?

My DLL sends the original frames directly to dmddevicePUP.dll . The PUP connector is disabled in dmdext.dll

I think I have solved the problem that there was in the Indiana Jons marker, the punctuation mixed colors and appeared wrong. I have cleared the indiana jons nvram and rebooted the table to factory reset and everything now looks perfect! For some reason the nvram failed in the scoring numbers of the table, surely it happens in others the same. There the solution!

On 4/30/2022 at 4:27 PM, lucky1 said:

Just tested a pinmame ROM with a simple 16 color palette .pal file named pin2dmd.pal and worked without a problem.

Hmm, well on my setup it works fine with PAC (so INI is working fine) but defaults any PAL only back to standard colors.  If revert back to Freezy DLL then picks up the PAL file again (non 64-color).  

Freezy DLL and PAL (Elvis 2004 Stern)

freezy.png.34e73cc2dcb8c944a29db2f78ae02d50.png

Lucky1 DLL and PAL (attached).  Using the most recent version of DLL on github (1.10.3.4).  

lucky1.png.dbffad8d7ca3d9c8ff5742d220b53e73.png

pin2dmd.pal

Edited by sundogak
version added

I just tried to play Spiderman VE with the colored rom and I am getting some odd colorization. The opening scene when it shows Presents Spiderman, the colors are all off. But when some scenes come on during gameplay, they look to be correct. After you drain 3 balls the end scene is a different color each time. It did not do this before updating. Not sure if the Stern SAM patch roms are glitchy but I wanted to post this to see if anyone else has this issue too. I am going to test a few more patch roms to see if I get similar results. 

So far I have tried Pirates, Metallica, and AC/DC. The match seen for AC/DC looked off but I can't remember if it was like that before. The other 2 looked great. I will keep testing and update my post. Thank you for all of your hard work. It just keeps getting better and better.   

On 4/30/2022 at 5:51 PM, lucky1 said:

For tables which don´t have the colorize checkbox checked in the pinmame settings it uses the RGB value entered to calculate the palette.

You can change the color to whatever you like there.

I did not understand. Where to modify these RGB values? Thank you

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, sundogak said:

Hmm, well on my setup it works fine with PAC (so INI is working fine) but defaults any PAL only back to standard colors.  If revert back to Freezy DLL then picks up the PAL file again (non 64-color).  

I just tested it with my DLL and worked without problem. The only thing I could imagine is that freezy is ignoring the colorize checkbox and loads the pal without the checkbox beeing activated, which it shouldn´t do. Please check if the Colorize checkbox is checked in the pinmame settings.

image.png.21c04cb4b8e10ddcb5db8df304391a

1 hour ago, davidcd13 said:

I did not understand. Where to modify these RGB values? Thank you

You can change the RGB value in the pinmame settings above if the colorize checkbox is not checked.

My judge Dredd colors aren’t right now either.  
My AC/DC looks fine.

I’m sure there’ll probably be other that aren’t quite right.

most seem good.

Baywatch is using the standard 4 colors.

Edited by Redwings13

19 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I just tested it with my DLL and worked without problem. The only thing I could imagine is that freezy is ignoring the colorize checkbox and loads the pal without the checkbox beeing activated, which it shouldn´t do. Please check if the Colorize checkbox is checked in the pinmame settings.

Thanks for taking a look/response.  Colorize box is checked so unfortunately that isn't the issue.  Will fiddle around with it on my other machine with vanilla setup and see if something conflicting on this box.  

I am a bit over my head here --

Running Pinpup Popper on my PC with 2 screens.  No stand alone DMD display.

Can I use these PAC files for colorized DMDs on my set up?  I have the altcolor pin2dmd.pal files for several tables and they seem to all work.

Near as I can tell I download dmddevice.zip and extract it then I can replace the PAL with the new PAC files in for their table's altcolor folders and those will work.  And with the latest DLL I can still use the existing PAL files for the other tables.

Do I extract the zip to d:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME or d:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\DMDext?     Not all the files exist in VPinMAME, but they are in the DMDext folder.

Do I need to add the content of my exiting DmdDevice.ini to DmdExt.ini file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Content Provider

You need replace the existing dmddevice.dll with the contents from the zip which should be in

6 hours ago, iwantpinall said:

d:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME

in your case.

I can still use the existing PAL files for the other tables.

yes

Do I need to add the content of my exiting DmdDevice.ini to DmdExt.ini file?

yes or just rename dmddevice.ini to dmdext.ini

• Content Provider
On 5/4/2022 at 2:49 AM, sundogak said:

Thanks for taking a look/response.  Colorize box is checked so unfortunately that isn't the issue.  Will fiddle around with it on my other machine with vanilla setup and see if something conflicting on this box.  

Could you please try if this version is working better ?

3 hours ago, berseker said:

Hello!

How i use the PAC file ?

i just copy the pac file into the folder altcolor\ij_l7\IJPA_1.02.pac ?

or i must rename the file ?

thanks

You rename the file to "pin2dmd.pac"