[New VP10 Alert] Blood Machines (VPW Original 2022)

great table!   I find it a bit laggy, is there any way to improve it? I have a high end pc w/ 16gb ram, 3070 video card 144hz 4k playfield, etc and the ball movement isnt so fluid compared to the other tables i have installed on the cabinet... .any tips ?

thanks

With the new PuP-pack in version 2, here are the changes that need to be made for 5-ball play:

Line 11323:

BallsRemaining(i) = 5

Line 12721:

i = 6 - BallsRemaining(CurrentPlayer)

Line 12722:

If i > 0 And i < 6 Then

Line 22131:

puPlayer.LabelSet pDMD,"Ball","Ball: " & (bpgcurrent - BallsRemaining(CurrentPlayer) + 3),1,""

Unbelievable. Thank you so much.

For anyone that is new to this, like myself, and may need to see this because you are having issues with the pup showing etc....

-If you are updating an already installed game, like I was, remember to remove your original .b2s file from the tables folder. You won't benefit from the pup if you don't.

-Remember to select your option in the pup. (i chose 6)

-Remember to go in the script and put True on both lines to enable the pup and flexdmd if you're using option 6.   

I'm assuming/hoping there isn't/wasn't a Topper interactive video included? If there is...back to the drawing board. 

If anyone sees anything wrong in the photo or I should be seeing something else, please say something.

This was a lengthy lesson for sure and it's as appreciated as much as the game itself.

r/

Mike

20230312_083916 (Large).jpg

3 hours ago, mikepmcs said:

Unbelievable. Thank you so much.

For anyone that is new to this, like myself, and may need to see this because you are having issues with the pup showing etc....

-If you are updating an already installed game, like I was, remember to remove your original .b2s file from the tables folder. You won't benefit from the pup if you don't.

-Remember to select your option in the pup. (i chose 6)

-Remember to go in the script and put True on both lines to enable the pup and flexdmd if you're using option 6.   

I'm assuming/hoping there isn't/wasn't a Topper interactive video included? If there is...back to the drawing board. 

If anyone sees anything wrong in the photo or I should be seeing something else, please say something.

This was a lengthy lesson for sure and it's as appreciated as much as the game itself.

r/

Mike

20230312_083916 (Large).jpg

You should adjust your playfield size to see the full of details. In this image, I can see that the inverted white cross on the plunger zone appears cut off. You could correct that by launching the table by pressing the F6 key instead of F5 in Visual Pinball X and changing values with the SHIFT and CTRL keys.

Guys, the PuP options are confusing so looking for help to get the 'most complete' experience on 2 screen setup.

I tried several things and took me a while to get anything working proper at all.

Right now the BG space swaps between videos and DMD/frame - see screenshots...

Option 2 - DMD_on_BG

'**************************
'  FlexDmd or PupDmd
Const HasPuP = True          'False=FlexDMD (default) , True=PUPDMD
Const forceFlexOn = True    'This is used for pup option 6 that enables Flex and Pup at the same time

'   PinUp Player USER Config

dim PuPDMDDriverType: PuPDMDDriverType=2   ' 0=LCD DMD, 1=RealDMD 2=FULLDMD (large/High LCD)
dim useRealDMDScale : useRealDMDScale=1    ' 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling.  Choose which one you prefer.
dim useDMDVideos    : useDMDVideos=true   ' true or false to use DMD splash videos.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• Content Provider
37 minutes ago, Livin said:

Option 2 - DMD_on_BG

Const forceFlexOn = True    'This is used for pup option 6 that enables Flex and Pup at the same time

If you're not using the Option 6 .bat, set this to False

• Content Provider
40 minutes ago, DGrimmReaper said:

In the VR 360 room I think there are some textures missing as I have just a white figure behind the table.

Probably got deleted from your file because of the 32 bit memory limit.  Try redownloading the table file

I get weird behavior with the the semi-transparent upside down cross that covers the plunger. When I play with a Game Controller connected it does not slide down to see how much "Strength" the plunger has pulled. It seems to be fine when I disconnect the controller and only play with the keyboard. I've tried with two different game controllers. has anyone else experienced this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 1:33 PM, coolball said:

Hi VPW and Forum, please help me.

I have no music with the 2.0 version.

I use the new Pup Pack.

v1.21  works with the mp3 music.

I change the line in the v2.0 to my (somae as v1.21)  correct folder.

'dim MusicDirectory : MusicDirectory = "C:\Visual Pinball\Music\Blood Machines OST\"
dim MusicDirectory : MusicDirectory = "D:\Visual Pinball\Music\BLOOD MASCHINES OST\"
'if VersionMinor => 8 Then
'    MusicDirectory = musicdirectory("Blood Machines OST")    'this not working right now
'Else
    MusicDirectory = GetMusicFolder & "\Blood Machines OST\"

the same folder as in the working v1.21 table.

any ideas?

I am having the same problem here and don't see a solution posted. Music worked fine in v1.21. Not changed file names or location, but get no music with V2.0? Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gigalula said:

can we ajuste the Flex DMD in higher résolution like seen on few other table like "The fift element"

I don't see an option in the script for high resolution. I do see where you can change the dmd size but that would simply make the dots look bigger, ie, not better. I prefer the pup dmd myself on this game as the pup is totally part of the atmosphere of this freakin' AMAZING game. 

On 4/23/2023 at 12:58 AM, Cliffy said:

I don't see an option in the script for high resolution. I do see where you can change the dmd size but that would simply make the dots look bigger, ie, not better. I prefer the pup dmd myself on this game as the pup is totally part of the atmosphere of this freakin' AMAZING game. 

Size of my screen for DMD make it too small so I prefer full BG on this table look so kool this table really have a nice looking and play just fantastic on cab and  not to forget how amazing it look in VR too

On 4/13/2022 at 9:36 PM, marccy1138 said:

I bought and put the music in d:vpinball\visualpinball\music\and created a folder as instructed

I changed the script to point there and I still get no songs found

You have to create a new folder and name it: Blood Machines OST. Each of your music tracks has to be in this folder, then that folder needs to be placed in your Music folder. Each track must be named EXACTLY as it is displayed in the table script. Example: when Visual Pinball looks for the Intro track, it will search your Music folder for the subfolder named Blood Machines OST, then it will look in there for the track named:   Carpenter Brut - BLOOD MACHINES OST - 01 Intro.mp3.   If your Intro track doesn't appear just like that...nothing will be played. The easiest way is to copy the track names from the script one by one and rename your mp3 tracks using the paste option. That should be everything you need to know. Once I finished doing all this, I no longer had any problems with the table playing the music.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm struggling to get this table to play without considerable frame drops and staggering, it's the only table out of my current library of approx 100 that does this so I assume it's fixable.

I have the OST music files working, the Pup pack with FullDMD (Which seems to disappear quite quickly after launching the game) and a B2s for the Backglass. Launching through Pinup Popper, running VPX 10.7.3 latest Flex DMD and VpinMame on a Ryzen 7, 16GB DDR4 and RTX 3080 4K 120hz.

Not sure what could be causing just this table to have issues.

Amazing table.

When running this table using visual pinball standalone on mac music loading fails because of paths using the wrong directory separators. I had to apply below changes.

GetMusicFolder= GMF.GetParentFolderName(userdirectory) & "/Music"

MusicDirectory = GetMusicFolder & "/Blood Machines OST/"

Not sure how this needs to be implemented to make this cross-platform compatible.

Also the defaulting to

"D:\Visual Pinball\Music\Blood Machines OST\"

should probably only be done on windows because it hides the initial path in the error that would have hinted the user about above issue.

One more issue is that misc/3lines1highlight.png has a lowercase Misc

Added logs below for google:

2023-05-23 14:39:32.680 INFO  [7040957] [WMPCore::put_URL@58] player=0x600000660f00, URL=D:/Visual Pinball/Music/Blood Machines OST/Carpenter Brut - BLOOD MACHINES OST - 05 Mima.mp3
2023-05-23 14:39:32.680 INFO  [7040957] [external_log_info@485] MessageBox(): caption=Error, text=BASS music/sound library cannot load "D:/Visual Pinball/Music/Blood Machines OST/Carpenter Brut - BLOOD MACHINES OST - 05 Mima.mp3" (error 2: can't open the file)