Where does Wildman Get All Those Nice Backglasses?

Wildman

Wildman = Greatest B2S designer that God ever put breath into.  No words can express the appreciation of your dedicated work.  I'm just a player/downloader, so think what you do is incredible.  What would the VP community do without you?

great post Wildman , I always appreciate yours and others work, I do know whats involved and it is time consuming. I seriously enjoy just watching the frontend tick tables by and admiring the beautiful artwork as much as I do playing them and you taking the time to make these pieces of art much more cleared and pristine makes all the difference in the world. Thank You Wildman!

I have wondered as well and had a suspicion that you somehow got a nice pic of the Original and put a lot of Photoshop work into it.
When I did Hang Glider from your art I realized part of the red color was the actual back glass image with the cracked paint from the incandescent bulbs :) .

Do you have a list of back glass that you need or special ones that you know need redoing? While scrolling Facebook market place I always see machines for sale and wonder if i should be taking screen grabs, cause sometimes the images are super crisp.

I love creating for fun as well. 

Keep up the AMAZING work!!!

@Wildman almost every one of the tables that I made started with one of your backglass images.  I think that most table makers will agree that finding good quality artwork is the hardest part of making a table.  With your backglass art, that part of the equation is usually taken care of even before the project starts.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your work - including the video tutorials! They were insanely helpful.

Often I download something, then only get around to testing it much later and by then I just plain forget to leave a like or a thank you. It's pure lazyness and frankly inexcusable.

So I'm glad I came across this post, which gave me the impetus to send you some long-overdue beer money. Enjoy and keep doing what you do!

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2022 at 5:52 PM, Wildman said:

If ya think its easy go for it LOL...

I 100% know it's not easy.  Having done just a tiny fraction of this kind of work recently to put together a few loading videos, I have to say I'm in awe of your dedication.

Thanks for all the hard work you are willing to share with the rest of us.

I'm late to the party but just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into this. Consistently amazing work, and I always just Google "wildman + table name +B2s" anytime I'm searching. Keep up the great work -- you're an invaluable asset to this community. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Hey, just saw this post.  It was a great read.  Just wanted to say that your backglass images are always amazing.  It's usually my first stop when I need some fantastic artwork.  Which reminds me, I should do a better job of mentioning it when I grab your stuff! 

Wild man,

Anytime I need a backglass, I seek out your content. They are definitely the best quality out there. 

I have been in the hobby about a year now and totally immersed. Full up cabinet and over 500 tables and counting. Thanks for all you do for the community. Without guys like yku, we wouldn’t have the amazing content we do. I will beer you in the AM, least I can do for all the b2s I got from you!

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Not sure what others do, but I always add the Wildman name to the backglasses file name whenever I download a backglass from Wildman.

So I know which ones are Wildman's even years after archiving them.

I do this same thing for a few other "Great Backglass Authors", Hauntfreaks, and HiRez00 to name a couple.

In a perfect future, it would be nice if all of the Backglass  authors would add author name and version number to at least the container file that is used.

I can understand why it is not added to the actual backglass file name, but the zipped container that holds the backglass file could have the Name of Author, and Version Number, for better archival purposes.

Until they add an Info tab like the Tables have, most backglasses that are already unzipped, you have to guess which version you have, or who made it.

I feel the Backglasses Author and version number are just as important as how the Table Author and version numbers are displayed in the Table file names.

Anyways, just a simple thanks for all you have done for the community.

Carry on.

In the hobby of virtual pinball there are certain names you should know because of what they have contributed.

Wildman is definitely one of those names. 

Thank you for sharing your post and thank you for sharing all your hard work with us.

• 2 months later...