Where does Wildman Get All Those Nice Backglasses?

Wildman

On 5/16/2022 at 3:45 AM, SixOfTwelve said:

Thanks for all your work - including the video tutorials! They were insanely helpful.

Often I download something, then only get around to testing it much later and by then I just plain forget to leave a like or a thank you. It's pure lazyness and frankly inexcusable.

So I'm glad I came across this post, which gave me the impetus to send you some long-overdue beer money. Enjoy and keep doing what you do!

where can I find the video tutorials? thx

• 1 year later...

I'm fairly new to the community and digital pinball in general, but I wanted to poke my head in to say thank you to Wildman for all the backglass images you've provided. Your work, and that of many others have made many a winter evening much more entertaining and enjoyable. Cheers!

Wildman, I’ve downloaded a number of your backglasses, so for all the times I have foolishly neglected to thank you, let me publicly say Thank You for all of your hard work. I am truly grateful and appreciative of you passion and skill. I get a ton of joy from your work.

I’d also like thank ALL creators for their passion, skill and hard work as well.

Very good post, @Wildman

I'm a pinball guy all my life and I started to take a more active role in this community only a few weeks ago. I started doing back glasses about 6 months ago, since I a friend asked me to fix his EM games (he has more than 10 and they are in storage and not used for 30+ years, fixing them is easy and fun) and this was great chance to take some good pictures. I really  I used my back glasses mainly for playing jig saw puzzles on my Mac. Most of the pictures you find on the net are crap, so I started to touch up pictures on my own. I'm a frequent visitor to Vegas and the PHoF is great place to take good pictures (even better when the machines are out of order, less reflections). After that, I did some Photoshop magic (actually I'm using the tool set from Affinity, I'm not a big fan of software subscription models). Then I wanted to have even better results and started making vector graphic versions. Christian Marche's art is perfect for that. I learned to appreciate his work very much. For me he is one of the best (and in the 70's I hated his work, but sometimes you need to get older to see things with different eyes!) Before that, my experience in vector graphic was very (!!) limited. It's not rocket science, it does not reqiure any talent for graphics, just patience. It's big fun, and if some of the other members can use them for their virtual machines, even better. I also like to see a thanks, but this is not the driving point for me.

Now I'm looking for a PC to be able to play the VP games and currently I'm trying to find out the hardware requirements. I will start to download my favorite pins (EMs and Bally /Williams/ Zaccaria games up to 1996, I'm not interested in newer games at all...) and play pinball!

• 3 weeks later...

Silversurfer, your contributions are excellent. I use Affinity software as well — like you, I won't abide by subscription software models.

Wildman, I've been giving software away since 1988, ha ha. I came to terms a long time ago with downloads vs. thanks (or, god forbid, shareware money, ha ha). I decided that I do what I do for myself first — then if other people enjoy it, great.

The thanks is nice but I think if I started putting in the effort for other people rather than because it was what I wanted to do it would be come actual work. And, as you point out, there's no guarantee of thanks.

Maybe the best we can do is help others learn to do what we do by sharing how we do it. The more we empower the rest of the community, the more they can also contribute. And to that end, thank you Wildman — I found your YouTube channel.

And thank you too, Silver Surfer. I saw your screenshots that show Affinity Design and your (inferred) workflow.

Fully agreed, JCalhoun!

I'm thinking about writing a tutorial for doing back glasses in vector.

Before I started to redraw, I was also a more "silent" member in many forums. But contributing something here feels good. I think, many of the members here believe not to have the right capabilites to support. It's about graphics, coding and other "strage" stuff, and if you don 't start, you will never know what talents you have. .

So again, if there is interest about a vector tutorial, I will give it a go.

Hi Wildman.....i just got into VP about 2 weeks ago,and found you're exceptional art work;so........ a great big THANKYOU to you and all the the hard graft that you put into your creations.I'm still finding my way around all thats involved with this hobby,and any thing to make things work,and look better,is a gift.So once again a great big thankyou.

(p.s. you are quite right,it only takes a few moments to say thankyou,and leave a comment...especially when it's free!!!)

(pps maybe you should start charging!!)