Where does Wildman Get All Those Nice Backglasses?

Wildman

This post is great.  Fantastic way to wind down the weekend...and pop open one more beer.  

Cheers to you WM and the years and untold hours of work you've shared.  May there be many more. 

...when you going to start doing em's?  slacker

Thanks Wildman... I too am amazed at how little thanks are posted vs the # of downloads.  I'm in a similar situation building mountain bike trails... I can't tell you how many times riders will come past me while I'm working and not give me a thanks or even slow down and get out of my way while I'm fixing the trail they are on... It's annoying but it sure would be nice to get a thanks.  If I didn't love it I'd tell them all to F off and figure it out themselves.

One of my future projects I'd like to built myself a separate "backglass" (not hooked up to a cabinet) mounted on the wall and have the table backglass images on like as a screen saver.  I think it would be cool in the game room area.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, JFR1 said:

This post is great.  Fantastic way to wind down the weekend...and pop open one more beer.  

Cheers to you WM and the years and untold hours of work you've shared.  May there be many more. 

...when you going to start doing em's?  slacker

Ha Ha EM's.... If I ever find the time to want to figure out the scripting shit, Not really my thing hypnotized-smiley.gif  

• Administrators
3 hours ago, JoshO said:

Thanks Wildman... I too am amazed at how little thanks are posted vs the # of downloads.  I'm in a similar situation building mountain bike trails... I can't tell you how many times riders will come past me while I'm working and not give me a thanks or even slow down and get out of my way while I'm fixing the trail they are on... It's annoying but it sure would be nice to get a thanks.  If I didn't love it I'd tell them all to F off and figure it out themselves.

One of my future projects I'd like to built myself a separate "backglass" (not hooked up to a cabinet) mounted on the wall and have the table backglass images on like as a screen saver.  I think it would be cool in the game room area.

Yeah that would be a cool thing to make , ARMYAVIATION was making the same thing a year ago or so ,dont know if he ever completed it ... I should do the same myself thumbs-up.gif 

• Content Provider

I've always wondered about this. Enjoyed the read. I figured you lived near the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas or something and volunteered to work on Tim's machines. Always appreciate your work. 

Great post!  And the before and after images are amazing and show how much work and time you put in.  Always download your backglasses and click the like but will take more time to add comments in future.  Thanks for your time and skills!

Thank you so much for all the work you put in! 

I grab stuff all the time and never think to comment, and never really thought about how few people are doing so much in the hobby for all of us. 

You guys are amazing and the software and media you have created for us is just amazing. 

With much appreciation. 3 cheers to you!!

I’m sure like many others I get all caught up in the “ooh!  A new shiny!” Mode and forget that a simple like or thanks goes a long way.  Thanks for your candid post and all the amazing work you’ve done, I’ll be sure to do better about thanks and beer money going forward!

Wildman, thank you for sharing your process on how these awesome backglasses are created.  It is pretty incredible to see where you have to start on these and the amount of work involved.  I know that I am always looking for a backglass with your name on it as I feel you are the gold standard.  Thanks so much for all you do. 

Wildman you and others dedication to this hobby is just amazing! All of you dedicate so many hours, months or years into things that you all are Rock Stars to me!!!!! I guess I should make those comments more instead of clicking like on what I download also. 

Thanks. 

Just the other day I loaded up The Machine - Bride Of Pinbot, and still think it’s the prettiest backglass in the catalog.

It’s cool when you can load something up, and actually think of whom made it possible. One backglass of many I do this to…but…It feels good to give conscious appreciation to selfless acts. It’s hard not to, when so many are so well done. *cheers Wildman 

I also want to say Thank you for all the "Free" stuff.  LOL   There is a ton of skill creating the backglass files and making all the colors mesh perfectly.  I can't do it.  So I am truly grateful for your efforts Wildman and for all of the other creators in this hobby.     

17 hours ago, Wildman said:

Ha Ha EM's.... If I ever find the time to want to figure out the scripting shit, Not really my thing hypnotized-smiley.gif  

...I'm sure you knew I was just being ...annoying?

Wildman happens to have a great tutorial on Ytube btw.  

Great post! Backglasses are so important since they're essentially what draws our attention to each pinball table. Your post gives us much more appreciation for what it takes for you to source and put these awesome backglasses together. We've all got so many of your works on our machines and it's amazing to think how much time and effort you've put into each of them.  Thanks for the countless backglasses you continue to contribute to this awesome community! Keep up the fantastic work!

I've oftern thought the same question - where does he get all these images?

Now I know.

I admit I am guilty of not thanking every time for a b2s or table ... but many times I want to try it out before I comment - and then forget because the next new shiny thing comes along that distracts me.

But ... I hope this serves as a definitive thank you for all you years of hard work!

Thank you, thank you thank you! ... and my cab thanks you too!

Sending you a PM.

Thank you @Wildman for all the painstakingly work that goes in the creation of the backglasses. It's always reassuring that you have the community's back when one is searching for a (hard-to-find) backglass.

May the beergods smile upon you. 🍻