[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Cactus Jacks (Gottlieb 1991) w VR Room

• Content Provider

Cactus Jacks (Gottlieb 1991) w VR Room

Welcome to Cactus Jack's!  It's Party Time!  

This table was originally done by BorgDog and Bodydump on version 0.95.  They had help from Dark (cactus models), Bord (lighting) and Rothbauerw (physics) some time ago.  I asked for permission to add all the latest physics, sounds, etc. to the table.  I also did quite a few updates in version 2.0 mentioned below.  Also thanks to RIK, PinStratsDan, Apophis, and Wylte for testing the table.

IMPORTANT:  You MUST select what mode of table you are playing in the Script.  VR, Desktop, or Cab.

There are several other options to select as well, including ball brightness, VR Room, VR clock, VR posters, VR topper.

LUT can be changed by clicking the right and left magna save buttons.  (You can turn that off in the script as well)

IF YOU experience performance issues... there are options to change that.  First of all, there's an option to turn wobble off.  Wobble allows the cacti on top of the bumpers to move when you nudge the table, or the ball hits the bumpers.  A cool effect but not if you experience performance issues.  Also, you can turn dynmaic shadows off for additonal performance if needed.

Version 2.0 Updates:

- The table is now a hybrid (desktop, cab, and VR)
- VR includes an animated backglass (image from Wildman), and several VR options (room, poster, clock, topper).  (Sixtoe originally provided VR cab art and other tweaks a year ago)
- The table and flipper physics have been updated to the latest VPW standards, as well as dynamic shadows, drop targets, ramprolling sounds, and several other tweaks.  
- Fleep sounds added 
- Corrected a couple errors in the table, as the upper drop targets were reversed.  Also tilt wasn't working.  All corrected, and adjusted.  
- Enhanced performance as much as I could by removing all getballs calls and no longer destroy and recreate balls.  I implemented only the gBOT global call.
- Updated the trough code to manage all balls on the table.
- Added LUT options. 
- I also typed up a rules sheet and included in the download, and in table info, since it can't be found on the web.

RIK provided a link to a game play video here:

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/03/2022
  • Category
  • Link to B2S
    https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/4230-cactus-jacks-gottlieb-1991/
  • Link to Media Pack

• 1 year later...