Why are we messing with all Losermans tables? Because people care

ARMYAVIATION

5 hours ago, bord said:

Remember a week ago when I was thinking out loud how cool it would be to find scans of such great game?

image.thumb.png.f7b0cdbc10e423256fa6a30e456982bf.png

Amazing what you stumble into sometimes.

This guy is going for some crazy english with this shot. 

• Content Provider

I would like to thank's again publicly @Thalamus and @bord here, cause they gave me really a lot of time for this project.

The updates won't be as crazy as the last tables we have in VPX (like bord's release or VPW), it's just a quick visual update.

But for EM lover I think the download worth it, especially on pincab.

DOF, SSF and visual upgrade while playing, and when tilting.

Again the big part of the job is the DOF (and now with SSF), but the little visual polishing helps giving these tables a super nice touch (for me).

Thank you again ! :)

Good job @leeoneil - I'm sure that everyone appreciate your work on these. We do understand that coming after a guy like Loserman, who could write up a table from scratch in a few days is not where you're at and I don't expect you to improve on all his table like you've done either. Let's say you where able to become as fast as bord is, inside blender, you still got to add dof and ssf to meet your own standards. Do improve on the ones you've got time for, and once feel it is not fun anymore. Then you surely should stop and at least take a break. I don't think anyone expects you to improve on them all :)

• Content Provider

@leeoneil The table looks amazing, i think you did wonders with it.  If i could critique it in any way, and i wouldnt change it unless others agree, the hdr ball image that you use is a bit dark for my liking.  Real EM games dont look that dark.  the other thing i noticed is that the ball shadow looks a bit strong too, i think it should be more subtle.  I have attached a few ball images for you to try if you want

ball brighter.hdr ball brightest.hdr ball_HDR_brightest.hdr

• Content Provider

@leeoneil i just tried to patch Teachers pet.  It did not work with my version from LM.  It also changed the table to 10.7.  I thought the point of this was to keep your existing table with any changes and apply what you changed.  I am assuming that it didnt work because i modded something already on it.  If thats the case that it has to be LMs stock table, why not just release the dof version like you were doing.  Whats the point in downloading 2 files to make 1?I dont see why this method is better???  it doesnt keep the table in 10.6, it doesnt keep the table original, you should just do the mod and then upload it.  I dont know how to make the diff file but i am assuming its some work more after you finish the mod.  I would be a fan of continuing how you are doing it and scrapping the diff tool

2 hours ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@leeoneil i just tried to patch Teachers pet.  It did not work with my version from LM.  It also changed the table to 10.7.  I thought the point of this was to keep your existing table with any changes and apply what you changed.  I am assuming that it didnt work because i modded something already on it.  If thats the case that it has to be LMs stock table, why not just release the dof version like you were doing.  Whats the point in downloading 2 files to make 1?I dont see why this method is better???  it doesnt keep the table in 10.6, it doesnt keep the table original, you should just do the mod and then upload it.  I dont know how to make the diff file but i am assuming its some work more after you finish the mod.  I would be a fan of continuing how you are doing it and scrapping the diff tool

Hey Tom, the patching process works fine and takes just a millisecond if you're using the correct LM file linked on the right side of the download page. In case of Loserman files it is a respectful thing to do to preserve the original as he left it for us and apply any third-party enhancements as a patch if so desired. Dazz explains the benefits here https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/9339-gaucho-gottlieb-1963-loserman76-update/?do=findComment&comment=14745

• Content Provider

@ARMYAVIATION sorry i didn't see your information on balls and ball shadow. Thalamus already gave me some tip (i applied them) but i just forgot the ball image he gave me. I'll see what i can do on the next ones.

Concerning the patches, Dazz proposed me to try this way of working.

It's not perfect, but i think it's a good idea for this project in particular (updating Loserman76 tables).

Robertms already answered, there are various interets here :

- for the staff here, it's a lot of time saved ! Every time i wanted to release a new version, i needed them (Dazz or Wildman), because i can't upload on Loserman76 account.

- we keep the original Loserman tables here, without replacing it !

You need the original version of Loserman table for the patch to work correctly.

Every time it will be linked. Maybe it's not THE original, but it's the files Jeff left before passing away. 😥

For people who already have a "modded" version it implies to download again the original.

One more time, not perfect...

When you have the files and the patch system, as you saw, it's very quick to produce the new file.

The longuest time is to download two files, but they are linked in the same page, it should not take a long time (it's like downloading a rom and the table).

For 10.7 well, it's because i used 10.7 on the pincab and on my computer.

I hope you understand. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Hello everyone.

I need some help (again) 😁

On "Teacher's pet" @Thalamus said that I have "changed" the DOF (sorry i just discovering your message today).

I don't understand, because actually i'm supposed to work on table without DOF.

We opened the config-tool for this table for example. So there were no config-tool for a cgamename = TeachersPet_1965

I don't understand what's going on. How is it possible you had a DOF before this opening in the config-tool ?

You can check in the config-tool, there is no history for this table. 😕

We crossed the problem  @ARMYAVIATION posted the first time. At that time I asked how it was possible we changed the DOF, because it was supposed to be a complete new one. But nobody react to my question, because we had a lot to talk about... 😁

I need to understand the problem, if not we're going to create lot's of mess.
@arngrim or @outhere can you help here ?

edit : some tables have alias.

For example, Pop a card, only one entry in the config-tool, but it works for 2 alias (PopACard_1971 DropACard_1971). Because the tables are quite similar ("same" playfield, same color). So it's interesting to copy the DOF from a table to another.

In the case of "Teacher's Pet", there is no "copy" table.

Williams did not release a similar table (add a ball, 4 player, one player,...). The table is "unique". So we opened a config-tool with the cgamename.

1 hour ago, leeoneil said:

Hello everyone.

I need some help (again) 😁

On "Teacher's pet" @Thalamus said that I have "changed" the DOF (sorry i just discovering your message today).

I don't understand, because actually i'm supposed to work on table without DOF.

We opened the config-tool for this table for example. So there were no config-tool for a cgamename = TeachersPet_1965

I don't understand what's going on. How is it possible you had a DOF before this opening in the config-tool ?

You can check in the config-tool, there is no history for this table. 😕

I'm sorry for the confusion. I was merely referencing to the original post by Tom, where he talked about his experience. Later on it became clearer that this was a simple mistake that was rectified and that is something we all do. I don't often play with DOF enabled to be honest. It is almost only when I've got friends over. So, I had not first hand experience with the issue or even knew that TeachersPet don't have DOF enabled at all. Come to think of it, I probably should re-visit Dragoon and try to add DOF for that - one day. :)

• Content Provider

Oh ! Ok !

So no problem, we didn't change the DOF on Teacher's pet, it's totally new (like every other tables i've released) !

I was trying to understand the technical issue of all that, and it was like a magical problem for me. 😅

Thank's for the clarification !

• Content Provider

Hello again.

Here to ask a technical question.

I wanted to tried some "dynamic drop targets shadows" and it worked the way i did it !

I made one shadows render in blender for each target.

The render is the size of the playfield, it looks like that for example :

ppej.png

I put my five flashers in VPX (like other flasher shadows), each with a shadow render on it, and in the script i put them visible or not.

It seems to work well, i have no performance issue on my computer and my pincab.

Is there a better way to do it ?

Yeah, I know i could have asked BEFORE testing it, but I wanted to try this idea, i already published the table. 😅

I'm asking for the next ones.

Thank you if you have some idea to improve the process (it take a looooong time to have all the rendering in blender).