Why are we messing with all Losermans tables? Because people care

ARMYAVIATION

1 hour ago, leeoneil said:

🤩🤩YEEEEEEES ! 🤩🤩

Thank you @bord !!!!!

Please, do not erase your vidéo now ! 😅

I need to do it again, and again to be comfortable.

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/6687-why-are-we-messing-with-all-losermans-tables-because-people-care/?do=findComment&comment=60462

I know you've been busy. So, you've probably missed the tip I had about downloading the video. I find it being easier in many ways. Don't have to bookmark or search for it. Can even be studied without internet access if there is such a thing ;)

And. I'm quite impressed at what you've been able to accomplish.

• Content Provider

Thank's Thalamus, remember you did the SSF for me, it's motivating, we'd like to release good loserman tables.

But it's far from finished.

I played a little bit on the pincab and i spotted something strange about the ball.

Maybe the ball shadows option ?

But when the ball roll in the outside lane (for example, everywhere it's dark), there is a light following it (a round circle of light on the ground).

I don't know Bord if you will be able to load my 10.7 file, but i think there is a problem here...

Thank's if you can check !

Here is the file if someone want to test (10.7) :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O1kWpyUbDo4qKrRrEgoUKVwE2asbwCHz/view?usp=sharing

(with the last rendering of shadow playfield)

Edited by leeoneil

1 hour ago, leeoneil said:

Thank's Thalamus, remember you did the SSF for me, it's motivating, we'd like to release good loserman tables.

But it's far from finished.

I played a little bit on the pincab and i spotted something strange about the ball.

Maybe the ball shadows option ?

But when the ball roll in the outside lane (for example, everywhere it's dark), there is a light following it (a round circle of light on the ground).

I don't know Bord if you will be able to load my 10.7 file, but i think there is a problem here...

Thank's if you can check !

Here is the file if someone want to test (10.7) :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O1kWpyUbDo4qKrRrEgoUKVwE2asbwCHz/view?usp=sharing

(with the last rendering of shadow playfield)

Oh sure, that is a depth bias conflict caused by the ball shadows and the flasher layer you created. You have to tell the ball shadows to allow the flasher layer to be seen. Easy fix. Just select all the ball shadows:

image.thumb.png.5fa194c0e4b966188cd1e2e4d8f48b27.png

Then change the depth bias to -800, disable lighting and disable light from below to 1.

image.png.c375e76c7a54725978b0ef907a4bef07.png

The more elegant solution is to use flashers for ball shadows instead of meshes but this will do.

11 hours ago, leeoneil said:

I only showed you how to improve on what was already there. There is a lot of other improvements that CAN be done. Putting objects into collections, create physics and sounds for these collections, stealing some of the "fleep sounds", adding drain hitting the apron metal - things like that. There is a reason why vpw / bord / roth / flupper / scotty / clark / knorr .... etc - use a lot of time on their tables. They cooperate; on some of the things, because none of them are the very best at everything. You'll have to figure out what is good enough I guess. But, I'm willing to help you with what I know is relatively easy to implement.

• Content Provider
11 hours ago, bord said:

Then change the depth bias to -800, disable lighting and disable light from below to 1.

I'm not sure to understand everything, but it works ! 😅

The result look's very nice on the pincab now (need to correct a light error on top right) :

teache12.jpg

@Thalamus yeah, i know that this can always be improved (and the best result comes from team !!!).
At the beginning it was supposed to be "only" DOFing Loserman tables.... Arghhhh ! @ARMYAVIATION
 i hate you !!!! 😆

I'll finish this one and i'll try on another table with all these adjustments again !

To see if I really understood everything.

Edited by leeoneil

When Loserman76 and I were working on Grand Prix (Williams 1976), he told me he had updated ALL his tables to include playfield meshes and some other updates and he was waiting to finish them all up so he could re-upload all of them again, which would have been a HUGE undertaking on it's own.

I am sure with the DOF updates from the versions he had on his private server, and unknown bonus was they all use playfield meshes now and the blass rolls a lot smoother and falls into saucers and holes more realistically.

The biggest shame is that he didn't get a chance to upload everything again before he passed, because I know he appreciated the feedback, comments, and support he would get with his glorious EM releases.

3 hours ago, leeoneil said:

I'm not sure to understand everything, but it works ! 😅

The result look's very nice on the pincab now (need to correct a light error on top right) :

@Thalamus yeah, i know that this can always be improved (and the best result comes from team !!!).
At the beginning it was supposed to be "only" DOFing Loserman tables.... Arghhhh ! @ARMYAVIATION
 i hate you !!!! 😆

I'll finish this one and i'll try on another table with all these adjustments again !

To see if I really understood everything.

Man, look what you accomplished! Put this next to the original and it is a night and day improvement. Great work! It gets easier the more you do it.

• Content Provider

Hello again !

So i wanted to keep the light off effect during a tilt.

I made something quite simple.
Kept the Loserman "plasticon" sub and just add

Flasher_shadow.visible=1

and on the sub "plasticoff"

Flasher_shadow.visible=0

In all the script i kept the "plasticoff" only for tilt.

After a tilt, when the ball drain, the lights (and the shadows) are coming back.

I didn't render a "shadow playfield" with a light above cause i'm not sure to understand what to do.

Here is the result : right part of the screen is tilted.

What's your opinion ?

1f8d.jpg

Looks fine. Would it be nice for the playfield to be a little darker at lights out? Sure. At some point there are just too many things to tweak. I think all things considered this is a good approach.

If the lighter playfield at GI off bothers you one could put a black image on a flasher and set it to 20% at tilt, then turn it off when the lights go back on. That would save you all the lighting and rendering for GI off.

Again. I want to congratulate you on what you've achieved in such a short time. Just earlier in this week you where asking on how ball rolling samples really worked,  and now you're inside blender, and the previews looks really good. You should really pat yourself on the back - what you've learned by now is NOT only related to Loserman, but, could improve on a big percentage of what is out there. Bord is a sticker for details, and a very good teacher. I almost feel bad for you, as you keep going deep into areas seldom ventured by "newcomers". Very nice job so far @leeoneil

• Content Provider

Thank's everyone for your kind word ! :)

Sorry @bord but i'm back with questions !

So i wanted a "good" result for the tilt.

I did this on blender (i have no clue of the configuration i need to put):

5r8l.jpg

It gave me this :

d2ao.png

I used it in my tilt_flasher, with 70% opacity

The result is this when we tilt :

td6y.jpg

Is it good, is it bad ?

It's better than just a black layer, we can see some very small shadows... Don't know if it's the idea you have.

Thank you for your advices !

9 minutes ago, leeoneil said:

Thank's everyone for your kind word ! :)

Sorry @bord but i'm back with questions !

So i wanted a "good" result for the tilt.

I did this on blender (i have no clue of the configuration i need to put):

It gave me this :

Is it good, is it bad ?

It's better than just a black layer, we can see some very small shadows... Don't know if it's the idea you have.

Thank you for your advices !

I don't think it is doing much. Having shadows of the rubbers isn't really the whole picture. This is where the plastics should be integrated so that they cast shadows. The shadow layer should look more like this.

image.thumb.png.6b222cbe735fd6a2e8667dbb769ca9fa.png

• Content Provider

Oups, i noticed the rubbers shadow... Didn't see that the plastics were not there... 😅

Thank's, i think i'll wait !

I picked up more elements to have betters shadow but i'm stuck with plastic...

I tried with SVG files, i tried DXF, but nothing works, i'm stuck and testing everything drive me crazy...

And anyway i need your lights configuration, cause i kept the 10W intensity etc...

So yes thank you, i'll wait for your help ! :)

i6j8.jpg

2 hours ago, leeoneil said:

Oups, i noticed the rubbers shadow... Didn't see that the plastics were not there... 😅

Thank's, i think i'll wait !

I picked up more elements to have betters shadow but i'm stuck with plastic...

I tried with SVG files, i tried DXF, but nothing works, i'm stuck and testing everything drive me crazy...

And anyway i need your lights configuration, cause i kept the 10W intensity etc...

So yes thank you, i'll wait for your help ! :)

Cool. Sorry I can't help out sooner. Busy weekend.

• Content Provider

edit : sorry, forget about it, it was the "height" of the layer ! It's ok !

Hello !

If someone can help me ( @bord for example 😁) i have a new problem.

I did a shadow flasher, apply to world.

Look the differences between in VPX editor and the rendering in game :

5oqb.jpg

The layer is too "high", and i don't understand how to move it.....

Thank you for your help !

Edited by leeoneil

On 2/16/2022 at 11:07 PM, bord said:

re: Mini Pool

This is a game that needs to be rebuilt from scanned assets. It is so terrific.

Remember a week ago when I was thinking out loud how cool it would be to find scans of such great game?

image.thumb.png.f7b0cdbc10e423256fa6a30e456982bf.png

Amazing what you stumble into sometimes.