Why are we messing with all Losermans tables? Because people care

ARMYAVIATION

• Content Provider

@Dazz @foxyt I have been watching all these Losermans tables come up and i think its great to get them all out there but i see a big problem.  I downloaded Baseball tonight.  First thing i see is that whoever is "updating DOF" is saving these as 10.7.  Many people aren't using 10.7 as a primary exe and if you choose to download the table then it is up to you.  The real issue is that i updated my DOF configtool, and whoever updated this table, updated the DOF config for it and now my 10.6 version DOF is all Fucked up (not really, actually making it better)  I like many other people have been downloading Losermans tables for years.  I am not about to, because i dont need to, re download 200 plus tables, change them all in popper to 10.7, just to change someones idea of how the DOF should look.  If this continues then we are effectively forcing people to upload all the new tables or none of the existing DOF will work.  Second, if we are gonna update these tables then for the love of god move wall 15, the ball holder in plunger lane, up so it looks more natural.  If we are gonna change Losermans tables, do it for the better, not to just put your name on it.  Do the small things that NEED to be done. @arngrim do you have a solution to the problem.   Am i correct that if i update my dofconfigtool, unless i go back and undo all these that these guys made, my version automatically changes and none of my old Loserman tables DOF will work???

Northstar same thing, had dof before, if you change it completely, then everyone that has had that table forever isnt gonna have DOF anymore.  

• Content Provider

If they are using the same Exxx DOF triggers that was already on the 10.6 version, then one way or another, DOF should still work on the updated 10.7 table.... just maybe with different DOF lighting if that was added/changed. There's no need to change what Exxx triggers are already in place, but if they are adding in "new" DOF triggers for extra" stuff, then that too should have no bearing on the 10.6 version.

If someone is adding completely new DOF triggers to the newer table for "everything", you are at the mercy of whatever they used for triggers, and the new DOF config for it. (hence the problem)

For my own releases, I was running into this issue, as PinEvent FP tables use DOF directly, whereas normal FP tables were being updated using DOFLinx by others... so I didn't want anyone messing up my DOF configs for PinEvent tables (as I am the one who is dealing with that, and supporting it). So I added separate PinEvent DOF configs to allow others to do what they want on the normal FP configs.

The only option would be to create alt sub rom options on DOF Config Tool for each table (similar to changing to colour rom for some Sterns on DOF Config Tool)... but that would be crazy for 100's of tables.

It's always been an issue, as not everyone wants the same DOF config / efffects,etc.

I was not aware of this issue @ARMYAVIATION

I've seen these tables being updated too. I've downloaded them; but, only updated a couple - not caring much if they are 10.6 or 10.7. My default right now is 10.7; but, I can easily switch if that is needed. i see only one solution to this "problem" - you can in configtool go and put all loserman's tables and save your own copy. It should, if the tool is bug free keep your preferences over the "new and changed". That, or - keep a copy of an old config in your cab. Create a tool that patches away all the "new" with the old.

I haven't done any of this myself, and I don't have a old copy of dof config (I don't think I have) So, I might be just as fucked as you - if, what you are describing is correct.

Uploading these as 10.7 tables sucks. Glad they're getting dof scripting but there's no reason 98% of vpx games need to be in 10.7. No advantage and many headaches.

I haven't tried any of the new dof assignments. Anything there and working previously should have been left alone. I understand adding but changing assignments is a disservice to many.

• Content Provider

Hello @ARMYAVIATION, i'm part of the problem here, so i want to answer.

Firt, me and foxyt made probably some errors.

Apologies for that, we are new with DOF, and Arngrim cannot correct every mistakes we made.

We should use the old numbers in config-tool every time me made an update in a table. Sorry if it was forgotten, but understand this : it's just a newbie error.

We wanted to help the community.

Arngrim told us how to do a DOF config in december, and since then we have worked a lot on this.

When i said a lot, it's a LOT ! More than 100 hours for me since december, creating DOF for JPSalas tables.

Considering this, your message looks totally disrespectful.

"just to had our name on it" ? Are you serious with that ? You are a pillar of this community, you know how it works, don't you ?

You know that it can take hours to made a good DOF config. Arngrim help us with lot's of problem we encounter, we have pages and pages on our french forum, discussing the best way to put the right effect, the best way to have a clean script, etc etc (outhere help us too)...

Man, we are working here for the whole community, and for you, it's just "putting some name in a script" ????.

That's very hard to read !

If we wanted to "put our name on it", we had do it a more simple way : just upload the tables with our account !

We didn't do that ! We asked here to keep the autor name on every table. I did the same way with JPSalas. It's not a MOD or something with our name, it's an enhanced script or table, that we give to the community !

And sorry if we did not change the "15th wall", we do not know what is it. We are only beginners and only "Dof men", i'm not touching the original table, i' don't know yet how to make a table with VPX.

And it's now 10.7 tables because we add most of the time a trigger or two.
And we have both 10.7 since the final release.

@bord a lot of these tables have an "old" DOF config. The DOF evolved, and it's supposed to be a good thing to adjust the script.

When i look in loserman script, there is a lot of error. For example, in a lot of his tables, when you tilt, the solenoids don't stop. It's a huge mistake (and this is just an example).

And how did you do with "Northstar" ????

We opened the config-tool with Arngrim !

Please try to understand my point of view.

We are new in the community (i personnaly built my pincab less than one year ago, foxyt is still finishing his cab).

According all of this, understand your message is not very nice for us.

Edited by leeoneil

• Content Provider

As @leenoeil said, changing Baseball DOF ids was a newbie error, @leenoeil and @foxyt are helping me to provide and continue the DOF covering all tables project, i can't do this as much as before so they offered their help.

There was a project with me and loserman and some others to port it's tables from vp9 to vpx, less than half of the tables were not verified, some had a dof config without a dof script, others had a cgamename which was pointing to different dof config than the respective one, and other issues

We'll make sure to update the DOF without breaking the current configs and previous versions, so if someone doesn't want to get the latest releases, it won't be a problem, lessons will be learned ;)

• Content Provider

@leeoneil That comment wasnt directly aimed at you, that has been an issue for a while now.  I apologize but the situation can get out of hand very quickly and it will affect alot of people.  ask 32assassin if you can find him

I dont mind 10.7 Loserman tables, not my say, i would just ask that you leave the existing DOF there, unless it is wrong, and update it to your liking.  I think a perfect example is JPs Apache Taito table.  The undercab lighting is associated with E255 Blue.  Neither the old or the new 3.0 version has undercab lighting for me.  I went and changed mine to ON Blue and it works so what is Event 255?  

My suggestion for Losermans tables are to put them out there the way they are, if you update it, make sure you annotate the changes so that we can see if its worth time downloading it.  Many of us have these tables already and dont have time downloading them over again so make sure its worth the change.  

• Content Provider

@leeoneil and as for the message not being very nice.  Think of all the time that you have put into your cab so far in the first year.  all the updates to software, tables, b2s, roms.  Its probably a significant amount of work i bet.  I havent been doing this as long as others, maybe 5 years at most and i have built my cab twice and have a crazy amount of time involved.  There are people in this hobby that have 10-15 years in.  The #1 issue in this hobby is people coming in and expecting things, changing things, modding things and stealing things that have been created over the years through hard work and time, money....  They come in and think they can do whatever they want just because they earned a log in name.  Look at all the creators we have lost over the years, the sites we lost.  I am not saying you fit in this catagory at all and i appreciate your work.  Just understand that others have spent alot more effort than most to get us where we are.  Thats why i tread very lightly when updating or modding others stuff.  I personally have alot of tables that i mod and dont release, and i only release when i feel its worth it.  It becomes a BIGASS problem when others dont feel the same way.  

I know on the discord we have a testing section for tables.  Do we have one here?  @Dazz, maybe a testing section for DOF?  I have been asked numerous times over the years for help testing tables, never tested a table for DOF for someone

• Content Provider

Perfect example, try your old College Queens table with the new DOF config.  When i hit the left vari-target my shaker motor starts to go off and doesnt stop.  there has to be a better answer than this but i dont know what it is,

maybe the answer is to do a script update like @Thalamus did for all the fast flips if they arent changing the tables.  That way people wont have to change all the tables again to meet their individual needs.

• Content Provider

Thank you Army for the explanation in private, i thint everyone here understand the problems.

For college queen, we are innocent, we didn't touch it (airport is the main table here) ! 😅

Here is a list that we have, to work as clean as possible on DOF : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMX4tNz-2LTiPqSDn8GEjFqjrT7LjAs1bFId262LT3A/edit?usp=sharing

It will give you some hints of what tables are going to be totally messed up in a near future ! (that's supposed to be a joke 😁)

So we will be very concentrated on NOT touching the old DOF config-tool.

But we need to change the script ! The old DOF is not good, on many tables (and many tables does not have dof at all !)

I'll be back soon with question, to undersand what is happening with this "wall 15" (but today i'ts too late).

I hope everyone understand that we are not "dofing" to "fuck everything".

• Content Provider

haha, thanks @leeoneil we are one team here.  I need to learn some french but thats not impossible. Its hard to figure out which ones have been updated and which ones not because the description is blank.  I thought all versions 1.0f were your dof updates.  

The other issue i have over at VPF with JPs tables are all the new DOF updates also include arcade 3.0 physics which i am not a fan of.  Thats why i havent updated those.  

I guess the answer for now is a clear description of what all has been changed, script update or script and table update.  That will make it easier.  

@bord  is there something we can put together to give these guys to make a difference on the tables since they are doing the dof and releasing all these.  I know i talked with Jeff about adding the louder ball rolling sounds and showed him how to make primitive holes in the PF.  Thats a bit far but if there was say, a better lighting setting, ervironment emission image, ball image, stuff like that that could be applied to all the updates it might make it worth it.  I know personally all his tables are too bright for me and i take them about 80% to the left on the day night slider.  I would trust and settings you would recommend

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

haha, thanks @leeoneil we are one team here.  I need to learn some french but thats not impossible. Its hard to figure out which ones have been updated and which ones not because the description is blank.  I thought all versions 1.0f were your dof updates.  

The other issue i have over at VPF with JPs tables are all the new DOF updates also include arcade 3.0 physics which i am not a fan of.  Thats why i havent updated those.  

I guess the answer for now is a clear description of what all has been changed, script update or script and table update.  That will make it easier.  

@bord  is there something we can put together to give these guys to make a difference on the tables since they are doing the dof and releasing all these.  I know i talked with Jeff about adding the louder ball rolling sounds and showed him how to make primitive holes in the PF.  Thats a bit far but if there was say, a better lighting setting, ervironment emission image, ball image, stuff like that that could be applied to all the updates it might make it worth it.  I know personally all his tables are too bright for me and i take them about 80% to the left on the day night slider.  I would trust and settings you would recommend

Just for your info.. all tables with 1.0.0f are all the tables that Jeff gave us in the link before his departure.. we named them with F for final, it has nothing to do with them or DOF, the 4 tables that they have upgraded with DOF have 2.0.0.F

so if any others are fucked up it has nothing to do with whats trying to be done with upgrading DOF..  there seems to be another issue here about that.. 😉    the 4 that were upgraded here so far are Gaucho , Baseball , and Palace Guard, North Star.......

and until you guys figure the problem out we wont update no more till then  ... sound good?

• Content Provider

@Wildman I believe the issue is known now.  That makes sense that the 1.0f are from Jeff because they are the same as the ones i already have.  All i asked of these guys that were doing mods is to not mess with the original dof unless it is broken or not there at all.  A simple write up can tell us what is the change in the table and if we need to go download it.  

I just got upset because when i updated my dofconfigtool i see a laundry list of changes to dof and then i go and play the original tables, my shaker goes apeshit or other dont even work.  I dont have a problem updating tables but i dont want to if its not needed or there isnt a change.  

• Content Provider

Doing DOF for a ROM based table takes enough time as is (thanks to Arngrim and others, this task has been mostly done for most vp tables). It can be a lot of work, especially for someone who never did it before.

Doing DOF for EM / original tables is MUCH more work that most who have never done it realize. Not everyone goes to my level of DOF craziness, but learning a new table's rules and code, and how to implement things and testing can take a very long time on originals. Myself and Arngrim have been doing this for a long time, but even for us it can take a long while on any table.

@leeoneil

It's great to have new people wanting to help out with adding DOF to EM's. Myself and Arngrim and a few others can't always be the goto guys. I'm extremely busy with my own projects (and couldn't be happier with them honestly).

A couple of points that are very important when adding DOF:

Mechanical Feedback:

The only dof mechanical feedback devices that should ever use a DOF "ON" command in the table script are flippers. That's it. All other feedback devices (slings, bumpers, solenoids, shaker, gear, fan, chime, etc) should only be using a pulse command. This ensures they will never be left on due to incorrect scripting on the table. The same applies to the DOF commands on DOF Config Tool.

Shakers:

When adding a dof command for shakers... its important to add the "intensity level to the command". It needs to be in there and set to some numeric level. If you don't add this, then DOF will make the shaker motor go at full intensity, no matter what the user's settings for it are on DOF Config Tool. Example:

E128 M700 I30

The "I" is for intensity. Using 30 seems to be fine, and the user's intensity settings will be used when doing this.

Lighting:

The only "lighting" that should ever be set to ON in table script should be undercab, buttons, and maybe the beacon (if its controlled in script properly). All other lighting such as flashers, MX, strobes, etc should be using pulse commands to ensure they are timed and controlled and won't be left on. The same applies to the DOF commands on DOF Config Tool.

LedControlFileTester

It's also important to check your configs with LedControlFileTester.exe to be sure there is no parsing errors. Any extra spaces can cause them and are a big pain.

If you haven't read my DOF page or about my DOF Creator Sheet, it may be helpful:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3865-dof-config-creator-create-and-add-mx-led-effects-and-dof-configs-to-dof-config-tool-the-easy-way/

• Content Provider

Thank's terryred for the advices

We "have" Arngrim on our french forum that helps us every time we need it. Some people have a hulk,  and some people have Arngrim. 😆

He give us a LOT of his time to help and correct our script.

First we made a 3 hours videoconference on a sunday morning, and he gave us the basics.

Then we start doffing and he corrected every mistake to help everyone (everything is noted in the forum).

Again, thank you arngrim for all of this !

I'll be back here when i'm done with the next table (it will be teacher's pet).

I will comment all of the changes so everyone can understand the changes and the work done.

And i will put here the file, so you will be able to test it before an official upload.

About the wall15 - if you upload, then you should know that almost all tables loserman created was from the same template. And, the ball looks like it is falling into the plunger. I'm taking the number from Armyaviation post. It might very well be wall5 - I just remember me changing those a long time ago. What you can do, is to mark that wall and use the arrow keys to nudge i upwards. I know I had a number in my head back then. Believe it was as high av 16 key presses - upwards.

Give it a test, since you are going to change the table. Easiest way to find and make that wall is via the selector cntrl+shift+e.

Loserman kept his tables pretty lit, I don't feel like you are threading on his work if you where to drag the night/dark slider some nudges too.

All this is of course all up to you and you should know that I do appreciate the efforts you guys are doing. We all makes mistakes; it is part of the learning process.

• Content Provider

Thank you @Thalamus, i'll try to figure it out when i'll be in front of my VPX. I'm not sure i understand everything, but i need first to see it. Sorry, again i'm not a table creator.

So @ARMYAVIATION i just want here to put some examples of what we do with DOF.

It can give everyone hints of why we are doing this, and maybe help understand some of the problems.

I started DOF because there were lot's of table without DOF.

I am a JPSalas fan, and some of his tables were not doffed. And with a pincab, playing a table without DOF is like playing a "dead" table.

So i started to reference all the tables whitout DOF. During the arngrim lessons, he told us that we also need to correct and DOF loserman tables. Last week i started to reference loserman76 tables.

Some of them does not have dof (easy !), some of them have an old DOF.

Again you can check our list here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMX4tNz-2LTiPqSDn8GEjFqjrT7LjAs1bFId262LT3A/edit?usp=sharing (i'm discovering that all of vpuniverse link are dead since the last maintenance, i need some time to correct them)

With lot's of table, there is absolutely no script for DOF (like in JPSalas tables).

Loserman put some old DOF in his scripts, and most of the time the config-tool is not open.

That's the simplest example.

On every DOF, i try to name options like this in the config tool.
E1xx for solenoids
E2xx for lights (flashboard, MX, undercab, strobe)
E3xx for big toys (chimes, knocker...)
But if there is an old DOF, i'm supposed not to change the original numbers (that's the initial problem post by Armyaviation).

And sometimes i cannot do that, for example STAT send B2s information for some of his backglass, and the number 1xx strike with the dof.

Flippers
Old script

PlaySound "FlipperUp"
		DOF 101, 1

New script

PlaySound SoundFXDOF ("FlipperUp",101,DOFOn,DOFContactors)

The big problem here (on most of the tables we saw) : when the table is tilted, there is no script for the DOF !
We need to stop the flippers solenoids ! (if not you can easily burn them if you quit the table during a tilt for example).
So we check where is the tilt in the script and put E101, DOFOff / E102, DOFOff for example.

Slingshots
Old script

PlaySound "left_slingshot",0,1,-0.05,0.05
	DOF 103, 2

New script

playsound SoundFXDOF ("left_slingshot",103,DOFPulse,DOFContactors),0,1,-0.05,0.05
    DOF 203, DOFPulse
    If Epileptikdof = True Then DOF 204, DOFPulse End If
    If Epileptikdof = True Then DOF 202, DOFPulse End If

What's going on here ?
I'll be back with the epileptik at the end of the post. I've had a "203" flash on flashboard, just a 60ms flash on extreme left or right of the flashboard.

Bumpers

Old

PlaySound "bumper1"
		DOF 105, 2

New script

PlaySound SoundFXDOF ("bumper1",105,DOFPulse,DOFContactors)
	DOF 207, DOFPulse
	If Epileptikdof = True Then DOF 202, DOFPulse End If

Here a simple flash on bumpers (and my epileptik option)

Targets and Drop-targets

PlaySound "target"
DOF	108, 2

New script

Playsound SoundFXDOF ("target",108, DOFPulse, DOFTargets)
or
Playsound SoundFXDOF ("target",108, DOFPulse, DOFDropTargets)

Here comes a modification in the config-tool.

We cannot let "E108" in the config-tool, it will be "E108 @t@" (or "E108 @dt@" if it's a drop target). That allows people to modify the reaction of contactors for a target or a drop target.

Eject-holes (or kickers)

PlaySound "saucer"
DOF	109, 2

Only when the kick appears, i put this (nothing when the ball enter) :

PlaySound SoundFXDOF ("saucer", 109, DOFPulse, DOFContactors)
        DOF 211, DOFPulse
    	DOF 230, DOFPulse

Here i put a flash in the flashboard, and 230 is the strobe effect. To say "hello, the ball is coming back !"

Roll over, or lanes

That's easy, only replace the "DOF106, 2" by "DOF 106, DOFPulse" for example.
Every pulse is a "E106 color f200" in the config tool

I personnaly put a "E106 color f400" if it's the outside lane... To really show you that you loose !

Drain

Usually it's just a pulse, something like E106, 2, and for me the new DOF will be :

DOF 106, DOFPulse
 If Epileptikdof = True Then DOF 207, DOFPulse End If

106 is like this in the config-tool : E106 color fd800
Again i'll be back with the epileptik explanation

Knocker

Old DOF

PlaySound"knocker"
	Credits=Credits+1
	DOF 112, 2

New DOF

PlaySound SoundFXDOF ("knocker",112,DOFPulse,DOFContactors)
	DOF 230, DOFPulse
	Credits=Credits+1

Here we add a strobe pulse (E230) with every knocker.

Start button

Need to be ON every time there is some credits in the pincab.

Ball entrance

What the fuck is that ?

That's the Arngrim touch. When you launch the ball, a flashboard animation "follow" the ball when it comes into the playfield.
Here we need a new trigger, and in the config-tool, we start with Flasher Outside Right, then Flasher Right, then flasher center etc... delaying the flash each time.
For example :

5 Flasher Outside Left - >  E230 Dark_turquoise w600 f200
5 Flasher Left -> E230 Dark_turquoise w450 f200
5 Flasher Center -> E230 Dark_turquoise w300 f200
5 Flasher Right -> E230 Dark_turquoise w150 f200
5 Flasher Outside Right -> E230 Dark_turquoise f200

That's here we mess with 10.7 !
Just for this effect we put a trigger, so we save the file on our computer, with the 10.7 installed.

Chimes
Usually, we have nothing to do !
Most of the time on loserman76 tables, there's the new DOF ! (not on every tables)

PlaySound SoundFXDOF("SpinACard_1_10_Point_Bell",141,DOFPulse,DOFChimes)

Undercab

I put something like that in the config-tool

RGB Undercab Smart - E201 Red/E202 White

RGB Undercab Complex - E201 Red/E202 White

RGB Undercab Complex MX - E201 Red AL0 AT0 AW100 AH100/E202 White AL0 AT0 AW100 AH100
Why i can't just put simply ON Red ?

Because i put the lights on when the table start, and at the end of a game, i shut them down. That's a nice visual feedback of the end of the game ! And when a game start again, i put the lights on. So that is my E201. My E202 is for my epileptik option.
If there is already a DOF, like ON Red, i don't touch it, i put : On Red/E201 Red/E202 White and it won't affect everyone. And then i just erase the "on red" of my personal config.

Start and end of a game
Usually i put a "flashboard animation" when the game start, and the same one when it's finish (using the 5 flashers).

Epileptik option

So finally, what is that thing ?

When i started doffing, i made some lights effects for me, it was like a christmas tree ! Cause i love when it's flashing ! 😁
Arngrim check my script and my config-tool ... an erase almost everything ! 🤣

He said something like that What the fuck did you do with the lights, do you want to kill all the old people playing EM tables ????

😆

Ebor and Actarus from the pincab passion forum had an idea : put a const where i can add my own lights, and let the regular DOF with small light effects (like every other EM tables).

I'm "proud" of that option, because i think it's the first time we have a choice for the DOF.
Epileptik add most of the time :

- undercab effect on bumpers and slingshot (here comes the craziness, be aware you can go blind 🤩)

- PF right and left MX flashers activated with slingshot

- more lights effects on drain

- lights effects on targets and drop targets (by default i put only a contactor)

- a small flash on ball release

Every examples here are the easy scripts.
Sometimes we have idx for example, and it can take a long time to understand how it works.

Other hard scripts (for beginners like us), cames from eject-holes in JPSalas tables (all the script must be in a row, i hate this ! 😅)

So, now you have a better idea of what we are doing.
i didn't want to make a DOF lesson (it can look like this), i just wanted to show you that some DOF need to be updated.
As you said, perhaps it will be a good idea to have a place to give tables for testing, before release. We have it in the french forum.

As you can see i don't put any gear or shaker option.

I don't have them on my pincab, and i don't know when i'm suppose to activate them. If you have some idea and advice, i'm taking them !

Edited by leeoneil

• Content Provider

Great stuff.

It's good to illustrate to others that adding DOF is not so simple, and requires way more work for EM / originals... especially if you do it right. Many desktop table authors tend to not think of some extra bits like triggers or tilt controls for DOF, as they never play it on a cabinet. Those are the kinds of things that someone who does only DOF for a rom based table never has to think about.... but for EMs and originals, you need to take so many extra steps to make sure everything will be controlled or turned off in all situations (tilt,etc).

Much of what you are describing is the kind of things I would do / fix on a table I would add DOF to.

I also have created many lighting effects for normal RGB flashers (and lots for MX Leds) that are all created already for you on my DOF Creator sheet. You just change the trigger number and the colour, and that's it. You can copy / paste what you want easily... and then it all gets arranged for you automatically to copy and paste to DOF Config Tool. If you want to make any changes afterward, its really easy to just change triggers and colours, time, all in the sheet.

Adding SSF support to a table while adding DOF is something that many people very much appreciate! SSF has gained very high popularity.... so doing both using the right commands is simply worth it. Fleep sounds are amazing!

As for when to add gear, shaker, fan... well everyone has preferences.... but adding a pulse for a shaker can be when you hit a jackpot. Same goes for the fan.

Gear motor.... I also don't have one... and only add DOF for it to mimic actions of toys on a table that use a gear motor. (like the carousel on BM66)

Awesome stuff.

The last DOF I did on VPX was BM66. Sadly since then I had a stroke which has made it hard to stand at my cabinet for long periods... but I'm slowly getting better.

If you want to get an idea of what I typically add for DOF on VPX... this video will show you.... though I admit, my RGB flashers / strobe / beacon on BM66 were pretty minimal compared to what I've done on other tables.

• Content Provider

@leeoneil this is turning out to be a really great thread, again I am sorry it started out on a sour note.   As @Thalamus said about the wall and the day night slider, look at the example table I sent you yesterday labeled plunger in the table name.  It is wall 15 in the bottom right corner and you will see the difference between the ball sitting properly when the plunger is pulled back and when it falls behind the plunger cover.  Funny enough Thalamus is the one who taught me that!

And I think now that I understand Wildman’s explanation on which tables are uploads straight and which are dof updates, that makes sense.  You don’t need to go crazy in the description when you upload, just a brief summary so we can say “ Yep let’s download this, it’s worth it”.  Thanks again @leeoneil and @foxyt for doing this.  Your plate is full

• ARMYAVIATION changed the title to Why are we messing with all Losermans tables? Because people care
  • Content Provider
2 hours ago, TerryRed said:

I also have created many lighting effects for normal RGB flashers (and lots for MX Leds) that are all created already for you on my DOF Creator sheet. You just change the trigger number and the colour, and that's it. You can copy / paste what you want easily... and then it all gets arranged for you automatically to copy and paste to DOF Config Tool. If you want to make any changes afterward, its really easy to just change triggers and colours, time, all in the sheet.

Ok so first information here, i need to test it, seems like a good tool to save some time !

Adding SSF support to a table while adding DOF is something that many people very much appreciate! SSF has gained very high popularity.... so doing both using the right commands is simply worth it. Fleep sounds are amazing!

Wow wow wow, second information here !
I had no clue how SSF is working.
I was thinking that the VPX engine was doing everything ! We can add SSF by scripting ? Can you give us more information ? Is there an SSF thread or something to help ?
While we are DOFing, sure it will be a good idea if we can add SSF on tables without this option.

If you want to get an idea of what I typically add for DOF on VPX... this video will show you.... though I admit, my RGB flashers / strobe / beacon on BM66 were pretty minimal compared to what I've done on other tables.

Argh, too bad, the video is blocked here in France ! And BM66 was minimal ?????? You must be kidding, it's the table i recommand every time i want to show what is a "cool lights DOF". It's amazing on this one man !

The last DOF I did on VPX was BM66. Sadly since then I had a stroke which has made it hard to stand at my cabinet for long periods... but I'm slowly getting better.

Wow man, this it not col. Hope you're getting better, pincab does not worth your health ! I hope you will get in good health as soon as possible.

@ARMYAVIATION see, that was a good thing you "punched us". If you had done it more kindly, i 've never had the chance to learn all of this.
😅

Edited by leeoneil

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@leeoneil this is turning out to be a really great thread, again I am sorry it started out on a sour note.   As @Thalamus said about the wall and the day night slider, look at the example table I sent you yesterday labeled plunger in the table name.  It is wall 15 in the bottom right corner and you will see the difference between the ball sitting properly when the plunger is pulled back and when it falls behind the plunger cover.  Funny enough Thalamus is the one who taught me that!

And I think now that I understand Wildman’s explanation on which tables are uploads straight and which are dof updates, that makes sense.  You don’t need to go crazy in the description when you upload, just a brief summary so we can say “ Yep let’s download this, it’s worth it”.  Thanks again @leeoneil and @foxyt for doing this.  Your plate is full

When @leeoneil and @foxyt complete a DOF.  They send me a link and I do the actual update of the file on VPU.  I've been simply adding "DOF added by"

I have a non-technical comment to toss in. Can we have a consistent versioning of these updates 1.0f is the final loserman release. I think 2.0 implies too big a change and 1.0f DOF breaks common version conventions.... so just continuing the lettering with 1.0g or small number update 1.0.1 would seem appropriate and convey the relationship of the versions.  Just my thoughts. I love the old EM tables, so organizing these is oddly important to me. I would love to see updated DOF and SSF on all the loserman tables, so I love these efforts.