New release: v1.10.0

freezy

56 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I also made another change to the palette handling for real pin2dmd devices. Could you please test if it works as good as the last version ?

DmdDevice.dll 12.07 MB · 1 download

Hi,

tested it....and sorry to say but for me this new version 1.10 doesn't look good to me.

This latest .dll when starting up it does this, the normal "testing" and progress bar are not shown

20220211_112507.jpg.1fd393d7c0a79519f7095f496500f82b.jpg

But...starting it an other time it looks better like this:

20220211_112228.jpg.3e9a43e45dbfb9995efbebabcca039ed.jpg

But when starting it again the first one came up so it;s not very consequent.

Then: colors:
Compared to the 1.9 version colors changed all the way. 

With 1.9 the the scoring was white and yellow, now with 1.10 it's more red and green, very much color shift.

Can't say it's a problem but just weird Could it be that the pictures which are really painted_in have a different color_palette then the standard numbers and lines?

In game the more 'graphical' pictures look good and nicely colored, its the numbers and lines that have a total different color palette, even from the start (as the V1.9 boot already shows:
display.jpg.bd11a997dde5fdb64a3422dc95f0db5f.jpg

And then: lot of scenes are 'scrambled'.  

It looks like the new frame is coming in 'behind' the current frame. The new frame has a darker palette then the current so it looks like it's behind....(can't descibe it better..)

I showed here already a couple of picures: you say it's the .pal file itself...could be but I do not see this problem with the 1.9 version there all frames are crisp (and as said in a different color palette)

Here some scrambeled pic's with the 1.10 version: in_play is also scrambled but I can not take pictures that quick so these are some attract mode pic's where the same "scambling" occurs

20220211_112522.jpg.379d75619251ba65656ad06543683bf8.jpg

20220211_112534.jpg.cb2b802e72e8303d1d4a1a36fb04df08.jpg

Thanks for the support!

20220211_112522.jpg

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

That was the missing information for smb and sfight2 !!! I was assuming that it was working with 1.9 which I´m sure it wasn´t . It seems you guys bring up more and more of old issues which have absolutely nothing to do with the changes we made to the current code revision. It would be nice if you would add a info like "was also not working with 1.9" to save us some time. We are no fortunetellers and don´t know that you are comparing to such an old version if you don´t tell us. The reason why it worked on my vpin is that I´m using an old pinmame build. I was able to fix that issue with later pinmame builds too. So make sure you update also your pinmame version for this build and the upcoming release.

I also made another change to the palette handling for real pin2dmd devices. Could you please test if it works as good as the last version ?

New version further down

A notice was placed here about the colors missing  --  https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/issues
As soon as I have time I will test on my pin2DMD

this is for virtual dmd , smb3 colors now working as well as SF2   thanks a million. 

still having all red and black with HS2_vPin_v0.72 getaway virtual dmd

I went threw all color virtual dmd and all are working beautifully now with the last fix other then the 64 Getaway 

thanks for all this amazing work really brought new life to the dmd  thanks again 

13 minutes ago, mellkul said:

this is for virtual dmd , smb3 colors now working as well as SF2   thanks a million. 

I went threw all color virtual dmd and all are working beautifully now with the last fix other then the 64 Getaway 

thanks for all this amazing work really brought new life to the dmd  thanks again 

Can you link the altcolor files you use for the dmd?

55 minutes ago, mellkul said:

same here

HS2_vPin_v0.72-20220203 (1).zip

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, scampa123 said:

This version is working for me for Frankenstein, SMB3 and SF2..... great work!! Thank you!!

Finally got SF2 tow work, but SMB3 while kind of works only has a very few frames colorized... is this correct? Can you let me know which SMB3 color file you downloaded? There are so many of them out there. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, kapterb said:

Finally got SF2 tow work, but SMB3 while kind of works only has a very few frames colorized... is this correct? Can you let me know which SMB3 color file you downloaded? There are so many of them out there. Thanks. 

I'm not sure how the smb3 is supposed to look 100 percent   so I dont have anything to compare  it to. I guess it would be most frames that are colored and the rest is like a dark blue.  But as I said I dont know what its supposed to look like  100 percent  I'm just happy most of it is color now. I'm not to sure witch files I grabbed. Unfortunately.

• Content Provider
1 minute ago, outhere said:

Check lucky1 post above somewhere

We're working on the official release of 1.10.1 as we speak. look for it shortly.

I'd advise you to not grab luckys previous TEST versions as they aren't made for official releases.