New release: v1.10.0

freezy

5 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I´m sure that this never worked because the implementation of the decompression was faulty. I was able to fix it , but thanks for bringing up issues that were actually never caused by our changes. The info that this never worked would have been nice to have and would have saved me some time.

I was also able to fix this issue.

Both changes are forwarded to @freezy to create a new release. Here is a compiled version of the new DLL for testing.

DmdDevice.dll 12.07 MB · 27 downloads

I tested it with the colorization of tmnt and now it works very well!!! 👏👏👏

for tmnt   cant seem to get  scale2x.   256x64 to true,   to work  just displaying regular.

and Super Mario Bros (Gottlieb 1992)  im getting a baby blue white and red dmd color.

and street fighter is still displaying in black and white.

and Getaway 64 color tested (HS2_vPin_v0.7.2) im still getting it in red but when switching back to original color dmd it work fine.

but other then that everything is working nicely   even GB

Edited by mellkul

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, mellkul said:

for tmnt   cant seem to get  scale2x.   256x64 to true,   to work  just displaying regular.

Scale2X works only for 128x32 machines. TMNT, CP, Hook, Batman are 128x16 !

Super Mario Bros (smb3) and Streetfighter (sfight2) is working with the latest DLL from my post above on my machine.

HS2 has already been confirmed to be working, so I guess there is a problem in your setup.

19 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Super Mario Bros (smb3) and Streetfighter (sfight2) is working with the latest DLL from my post above on my machine.

HS2 has already been confirmed to be working, so I guess there is a problem in your setup.

ok iv tried  everything  trying to get smb3 color rom to work iv downloaded the latest dll you provided  can you point me in the right direction  to get the proper color dmd  files 

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I don´t use FX3 so I can´t reproduce your problem, but it seems that dmdext converts the captured image from RGB to an image using the default palette.

Maybe this palette is editable ? @Funkyman Any idea ?

I'd have to take a look to see. I'm also working on a fix for Pinup.  This is def a problem and the solution is going to be a bit trickier than I hoped.

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

thanks for the support.

Much, much better but still there is something strange, looks like a scrambled multiple frames.

This is now the boot picture:

20220210_190022.jpg.1b436d21b1de239bae8e51871cbf512c.jpg

Many different colors (much more then using V1.9) but may-be correct, at least everything is visable now.

But this in-game looks scrambled to me:

20220210_185556.jpg.3b36901700c5bfc6439dde6c7c302d1a.jpg

These do not look right to me either:

20220210_185535.jpg.2c73da47ac380a08524f2c2c10a23b70.jpg

20220210_190046(0).jpg.dedd05dbf7345f4a669e3b5e0ed1625e.jpg20220210_185638.jpg.521097a82dd98d540c4bbb0a2e3c1172.jpg

So: much better then the previous .dll but something is still going on, can not tell what exactly, hope the pictures will show you.

Thanks!

1 Star Wars (Data East 1992) vpx is working but its  shows the color  dmd but then flashes all yellow than back to color. This is for virtual dmd. 

2 smb3 and  SF2  still not working 

Smb3 is in dark blue. And SF2 is in black and white  this is virtual dmd as well.  

3. And getaway I'm still getting all red and black. For  Virtual dmd. With new 64bit color. But if I put the 16bit back in I get color.

Everything ells I have tryed and seems to be working very well.

Even with Ghostbusters. 

Just want to say thanks alot for providing this new update  and thanks to everyone involved for make the hobbie even more enjoyable. 

Edited by mellkul

• Content Provider
57 minutes ago, mellkul said:

ya iv tried everything to get it to work and no go 

but thats the only 2 im haven problems with getting to work 

To keep it clean here you should open your own thread to fix your personal problems.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Terranigma said:

I've got a lot of x32 scenes in TMNT, is it possible to add support or will it break the x16 scenes? 

Thanks

Let´s first fix the problems before addressing feature requests. Maybe @Funkyman can have a look after fixing the problem with pup.

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, Joppnl said:

thanks for the support.

Much, much better but still there is something strange, looks like a scrambled multiple frames.

This is now the boot picture:

20220210_190022.jpg.1b436d21b1de239bae8e51871cbf512c.jpg

Many different colors (much more then using V1.9) but may-be correct, at least everything is visable now.

But this in-game looks scrambled to me:

20220210_185556.jpg.3b36901700c5bfc6439dde6c7c302d1a.jpg

These do not look right to me either:

20220210_185535.jpg.2c73da47ac380a08524f2c2c10a23b70.jpg

20220210_190046(0).jpg.dedd05dbf7345f4a669e3b5e0ed1625e.jpg20220210_185638.jpg.521097a82dd98d540c4bbb0a2e3c1172.jpg

So: much better then the previous .dll but something is still going on, can not tell what exactly, hope the pictures will show you.

Thanks!

It seems that these pictures are exactly like this in the project file. These problems need to be addressed by the author.

test.gif

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

@lucky1 is SMB3 and SF2 running on a real dmd in your setup or just on your screen (virtual) dmd?  I've tried with the release and your linked dll and neither work here for me in virtual mode.

I was wondering if real dmd vs virtual has something to do with it..

Thanks guys!  The ability to use the 64 colors it really great!

I just tried the very latest dll on my desktop and it is not working For these games
I have not tried it on my cab with the pin2DMD yet
The 1.71 works

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Let´s first fix the problems before addressing feature requests. Maybe @Funkyman can have a look after fixing the problem with pup.

I agree, we need to address existing problems first. Any feature requests need to be in their own thread, etc.  I'd like to reiterate that if anyone is having any of their own personal problems (that they want solved) please move those to a separate thread as well.  Thanks everyone!

• Content Provider
7 minutes ago, scampa123 said:

The @Lucky1 dll that is linked fixed Frankenstein for me on the virtual dmd (running it on my laptop to test)...The released Freezy version did not colorize Frankenstein previously

Great, thanks for confirming. We're currently coordinating another Freezy release soon. This will include all fixes @lucky1 and the fixes I'm working on too.

I loaded the latest dll tonight along with all the 64 color projects created for LCD DMD VPins.

All worked great except Family Guy. It’s got some bleed over. This might be the project and not the dll causing the issues. 

I have not had time yet to test the older 16 color projects. 

Thanks guys for adapting to the 64 color code. I had quit following the new works in progress and now I am back waiting anxiously for each new coloring. 

• Content Provider
34 minutes ago, bushav said:

All worked great except Family Guy. It’s got some bleed over. This might be the project and not the dll causing the issues. . 

Yep, this is def a problem in the project. I used FG to test a bunch while working on the 64 color support for dmdext. In fact, if you look at the comments for the FG 64 color project you’ll see my comment to the author from a month ago on what to fix with the pal file to solve it! :D

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, outhere said:

The 1.71 works

That was the missing information for smb and sfight2 !!! I was assuming that it was working with 1.9 which I´m sure it wasn´t . It seems you guys bring up more and more of old issues which have absolutely nothing to do with the changes we made to the current code revision. It would be nice if you would add a info like "was also not working with 1.9" to save us some time. We are no fortunetellers and don´t know that you are comparing to such an old version if you don´t tell us. The reason why it worked on my vpin is that I´m using an old pinmame build. I was able to fix that issue with later pinmame builds too. So make sure you update also your pinmame version for this build and the upcoming release.

16 hours ago, Joppnl said:

thanks for the support.

I also made another change to the palette handling for real pin2dmd devices. Could you please test if it works as good as the last version ?

New version further down