Loserman76 - Memorial Thread

loserman76

Really enjoying this '21 Christmas Storm of Loserman76 uploads.  The time he spent compiling and updating these tables had to take ...almost forever.  

I sent Jeff a note early in my vp journey.  Maybe about the static ball on Duotron being stuck.  He responded and somewhere in his note was something about 'commenting out' lines in the script.  I had no idea what that meant so spent an evening googling.  And a year learning how to use the vp editor.

A few years later?... I'm with my gf's son this past Sunday.  He's a CS/Math major at JCU here in Cleveland.  Senior. Deans List.  Leading a team working with another team from Ohio State on a legacy project 5 semesters/ten teams deep.  This is crazy stuff.  He has a presentation to the client in a few days and has to have a 'deliverable.'  App interface stuff.

He's tearing his hair out because the OSU team just broke how his teams scripting had been working.  So I say -why not start commenting out the new lines of code they added?.  He looked at me like I had sprouted a 2nd head.  And then mumbled....I was just about to start doing that.  Two hours later he had it figured out.

Thanks Jeff.       

and oh!  The new upload of Magnotron has a working static ball!!

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, JFR1 said:

Really enjoying this '21 Christmas Storm of Loserman76 uploads.  The time he spent compiling and updating these tables had to take ...almost forever.  

I sent Jeff a note early in my vp journey.  Maybe about the static ball on Duotron being stuck.  He responded and somewhere in his note was something about 'commenting out' lines in the script.  I had no idea what that meant so spent an evening googling.  And a year learning how to use the vp editor.

A few years later?... I'm with my gf's son this past Sunday.  He's a CS/Math major at JCU here in Cleveland.  Senior. Deans List.  Leading a team working with another team from Ohio State on a legacy project 5 semesters/ten teams deep.  This is crazy stuff.  He has a presentation to the client in a few days and has to have a 'deliverable.'  App interface stuff.

He's tearing his hair out because the OSU team just broke how his teams scripting had been working.  So I say -why not start commenting out the new lines of code they added?.  He looked at me like I had sprouted a 2nd head.  And then mumbled....I was just about to start doing that.  Two hours later he had it figured out.

Thanks Jeff.       

and oh!  The new upload of Magnotron has a working static ball!!

We still have roughly 200 more loserman76 tables to get uploaded... It's going to take a little while, but we have a team of a couple people working on them.

• Content Provider

Thank you Jeff, for the supreme efforts that you put in to everything that you've done. We all love your hard work and are better off having had you as part of the family in this crazy hobby. Rest in peace Loserman76, you will be missed.

RIP Jeff.  Your contribution to the hobby is much appreciated and will live on!  My sincere condolences to your family and loved ones.  I'm dedicated a wheel and a section of my vpincab to your EM work and your accomplishments.  May you live on forever in the community that you cared so much for, and that cared so much for you and your work!  

• Content Provider

This is really sad.  I had a few interactions with him when I first started working on adding VR to tables.  His Atlantis was one of the first tables that I converted, and he was always pleasant to talk to.  I'll have to play a few of his tables.  RIP.

• 2 weeks later...

I never had the chance to work with Jeff, but saw his alias on so many tables. My condolences to his family and friends. From what I have read, he was a great guy who would do anything to help those in need. Thank you Jeff for all of your contributions to the Pinball community! Rest in peace!

Edited by talon00000

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Downloaded your tables today from the link provided above. Alot of shock of the talent and respect for this amount of work.

Thank you for all that hard work.

Your talent will remain treasured Always. Thank you for the tables Sir.

Words can not explain gratitude. RIP

BGM.. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2021 at 9:12 PM, Nicolainuke said:

Saddened to hear of Jeff's passing.  He touched many people around the world with his passion for pinball and love of the community.  He will be remembered as giving and selfless - someone we respect and should all aspire to be. 

The great ones are never trully gone, nor are they forgotten. Rest in Peace Jeff