Loserman76 - Memorial Thread

loserman76

• Content Provider
45 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

Never thought to ask the guy about his personal life.  i cant remember if he posted what he did for a living or how old he was in one of those tell me about yourself threads.  I have worked with the guy on probably 20+ tables and can only say great things about him  You can talk to people for years and really never know much about them, thats the bad thing about places like this, but if it wasnt for places like this, i would have never know him... Sad...

Yeah. Well, I guess we can't be 100% sure of anything. It could also be a freak coincidence. Whatever, it is really a big loss to us and of course to his family. I shed a few tears myself when I first read about his passing at vpf  and went back here to see when he was logged on last. I remember thinking that the meme he picked was unexpected coming from him when he posted it. Re-reading it, just made me really sad. What I do know, was that he for a long time had planned dropping all his work as a all in download, hoping to keep it away from the VPD guy(s?). He was quite upset when vpinball closed suddenly just in the middle of his huge work of uploading tables and clones one by one. R.I.P Jeff !

• Dazz changed the title to Loserman76 - Memorial Thread
  • Administrators

I am now making this thread a Memorial to Loserman76.

Man... I leave for the weekend and we lose one the best EM re-creators around. He and I worked pretty closely when he was working on the recreation of Road Race. Great guy, awesome personality.  For us EM lovers; loserman76 will be greatly missed. 

I've created a full page dedicated to @loserman76. Eventually that Gdrive link will die after so many more downloads/shares of it. We have permission to upload all of his works to the site, so eventually all of the files from the GDrive will be available on VPU.
https://vpuniverse.com/forums/loserman76

• Content Provider

@Dazz I think he would enjoy nothing more than for people to play all of his tables.  Never heard a bad thing from him.  Never turned down the opportunity to help others and by numbers of tables alone, he had probably provided more than 99% of the people in this hobby.  I wrote him a message last night here, he will never get a chance to read it but I hope he sees it!

Thank you Loserman.  Although, I did not know you personally or communicate with you besides a "thanks" on VPF, your tables will always be remembered.  You are my favorite VPX designer.  Your tables are always bright, vibrant and bouncy.  I am going to play a few of them right now.

Complete respect and condolences to your family.  You will be remembered.

• Content Provider

I am sure his family knows of his love for this hobby but you just wonder if they know how thousands of people really felt about their family member.  The admiration and respect for a man that put so much into a hobby that has affected so many.  I always wondered how one person could do so much.  How did he even get the resources..  the playfield redraws, it was all so perfect too.  @Wildman is the only other person i know that puts out the quantity that can come close to LM and i still dont see how he does it either