[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Black Rose (Bally 1992) VPW Mod

Black Rose (Bally 1992) VPW Mod

Send them to Davey Jones! - VPW Presents Black Rose by Bally!

This one started with Sixtoe making some improvements on their VR version (based on the Coindropper VPX version) which included fluppers new bumpers and primitive and ramp fixes, when ebislit managed to get a new playfield stitch. Endi then came on board and did an amazing playfield redraw, and then pretty much every part of the table was tweaked and breathed on. We also now have a better understanding of how the GI lighting actually works on this table (the manual is misleading!) so it now has the funky cannon firing lighting it's supposed to haveincluding an updated GI makeover by Skitso.

There are loads of options in the script, including VR, ball and flipper brightness and shadows.

(If you have performance issues please turn dynamic shadows off to test)

Enjoy Me Hearties!

VPW Black Rose Crew
Sixtoe - Project Lead
endi - Amazing Playfield Redraw
ebislit - New playfield stitch / scan
Sheltemke - New backglass image and other images
Skitso - New GI Lighting, Flasher & Insert Tweaking
iaakki - Updated / fixed GI script to work with new GI lighting
oqqsan - 3D Inserts
Apophis - Numerous fixes and code issues
Fluffhead - Ramp and ball rolling updated
Onevox - Pirate Ship VR Room

Rik & VPW Team - Testing

Original VPX table thanks to Coindropper, gtxjoe, JayFoxRox, Xagesz & HauntFreaks.

Help support VPW by buying a t-shirts or mug!

https://vpin-workshop.creator-spring.com/

All profits go towards buying pinball bits and pieces (plastics, toys, playfields, hardware etc.)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/19/2021
  • Category
  • Link to B2S
    https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/7883-black-rose-bally-1992/
  • Link to Media Pack
  • Permission to Mod
    Contact Author First.

• Content Provider

Hello, thank you for this very good table !

I have a "problem" : there is no led undercab during the play.
It seems it's ok on the DOF config tool, but nothing happen when i play the table (i just made the update of the DOF to be sure).

Is there someone with the same issue ?

I have the same problem with "transporter the rescue" from the team, i supposed i am missing something !

edit : for this table (transporter), there was nothing in the dof config tool in front of "undercab complex", so i put a color and it's now always on.

With Black Rose, i have "E201 Red" but i can't figure what it means. Is E201 a reference to something in the script ?

Thank you for your help !

Edited by leerdtp

• 2 years later...

This is an awesome table, thank you.

Sometimes when the ball goes back to the plunger during the game, my analog plunger won't do anything. And oddly, if I make a little analogical nudge, the plunger might start to work. What could be the issue, any fix?

On 2/3/2024 at 8:33 PM, gamerplayer861 said:

This is an awesome table, thank you.

Sometimes when the ball goes back to the plunger during the game, my analog plunger won't do anything. And oddly, if I make a little analogical nudge, the plunger might start to work. What could be the issue, any fix?

I tested and the non-analogical button plunger also fails at times without any clear reason. I am pretty confident that the issue is not related to my hardware, because other tables do not have similar issues. Without luck I have tried to inspect the table's layout, but cannot figure out is there some alternative position where the ball can go and the plunger does not reach. Many times I need to nudge the table quite firmly, a little touch usually do not help to settle the ball correctly.