[New VPX Alert]The Dude v2.0 (Strikes And Spares) (Bally 1978)

The Dude v2.0 (Strikes And Spares) (Bally 1978)

The Dude v2.0 (Big Lebowski) 10.7 only!!  (310 - 334 tested and working)

• based on Strikes and Spares (Bally 1978) 
  • originally created by 32assassin (2017)
  • "the Dude" mod and concept by idigstuff
  • PUP conversion by hawkeyez88  if you want to play this table with the video Callouts you MUST have the puppack
  • Table Updated by HauntFreaks (2021)
  • Testers:  Hawkeyez88, FriscoPinball, Scampa123

*this can be played with ot without the the pup pack BUT... without the PUP there will be NO movie callouts

so whats new?

• HauntFreaks - complete graphical makeover 
  • FluffHead35 - full physics treatment 
  • Wylte - script controlled PIN toys

so you think it just strikes and spares?
I've moved some of the elements of the layout around to be more aesthetically pleasing but maintaining its form and function 

if your going to play this in DeskTop mode , in the GUI you must check this box so you will see the scoring displays
1437899387_DTusers.PNG.f58967c9defc541f487d13bbb39021de.PNG
^^^^^above setting for DT^^^^^^

Here is the link for the B2S and B2Sdmd files

this page doesn't supply hawkeyez88 PUP PACK

when using the pup b2s and the pup pack and the pup version of the vpx, I hear sounds from the pup pack but the b2s just shows the overlay, no video inside it.  If I run with no b2s at all, I see the videos but then the dmd scoring is gone. 

I am running the bat file for option 3.  I have a topper monitor, backglass and full dmd 

Thanks for the help, looking forward to enjoying your hard work!

18 hours ago, Rickmc said:

when using the pup b2s and the pup pack and the pup version of the vpx, I hear sounds from the pup pack but the b2s just shows the overlay, no video inside it.  If I run with no b2s at all, I see the videos but then the dmd scoring is gone. 

I am running the bat file for option 3.  I have a topper monitor, backglass and full dmd 

I'm in a similar situation. I was able to get it working in 3 screen mode with the topper on the DMD (see attached). I just changed the height for the B2S DMD to 50% of the FullDMD. Almost all Pup videos are working, with the exception of the intro videos. B2SServer is putting a black screen in front of them. If I bring up the Screen Editor, the intro video appears and stays. Otherwise I can hear it behind the black screen that B2SServer has in front of it. I hope that someone here can figure this last part out as the intro videos are cool and would hate to give up on them just for the B2S DMD.

I do not fully understand B2SServer and the difference between how a .b2s file can have a backglass and/or DMD image, but maybe there is something in the pup.b2s file that is putting up something on the backglass. Just speculating, but hoping smarter people than me can solve this.

The Dude 2.0 with B2S DMD.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/8/2021 at 2:26 PM, Rickmc said:

Please help.
Was this resolved?   I'm getting the exact same error.   BG PupPack is black, but I can hear it. I'm getting the DMD fine (looks great!)
I selected "Option 4 - Topper on  BG No DMD".
I've tried it directly from VPX launch and from Popper.
One thing I did notice: I see the PupPack briefly, after I exit the table.  I tried Alt-tabbing while playing, but don't see it. Guessing it is behind the Black/Blank BG.  How do I bring it forward (never had this issue  before).
Thanks!

Edited by MPTech