• Content Provider

Which firmware version is on your pin2dmd XL ? It is displayed on powerup. I just tested the colorization with my XL display and firmware version 4.11 and it is working as expected.

what do i do now

found this but not sure what to make of it.

PIN2DMD

Firmware for custom PIN2DMD-XL controller board from GGS.

XL firmware is for three 64x64 1/32 scan panels in a row for 192x64 resolution.(SEGA)

Copy the .upd file to you micro SD card to upload the firmware to your device with firmware >= 2.50 preinstalled. (for XL >= 2.08)

Use the .bin file with the ST-Link Utility to upload the firmware to your device using the ST-Link interface http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF258168

For information how to get a activation key for your device please visit http://www.pin2dmd.com

VPin File here VPin Files

Real Pin Files here  Real Pin Files

Morning update.  No more for today, gotta mow the grass :(

Changes:

Mega Pop screens recolored and triggered

Collect Bat Equipment retriggered 

Match/Bad Heads/Good Heads colored and triggered

Val Kilmer Lock is Lit retriggered

Shoot Up Kicker For Multiball colored and triggered

Enjoy,

Lane

Edited by bushav

updated finally after several goes didn't work straight away had to turn on and off a few times but now it is working

the color doesn't seem right with a lot of glitching

when i say that the color isn't like the ones posted. but better than before, i would love to see a video of vp screen

much appreciate all the effort i wouldn't be able to do it

please keep up the good work

looking forward to more updates

thx

19 minutes ago, roboclan3 said:

updated finally after several goes didn't work straight away had to turn on and off a few times but now it is working

the color doesn't seem right with a lot of glitching

when i say that the color isn't like the ones posted. but better than before, i would love to see a video of vp screen

much appreciate all the effort i wouldn't be able to do it

please keep up the good work

looking forward to more updates

thx

I use a LCD screen on my Vpin. I’m not sure how these colorizations present themselves on a dot matrix display. Lucky1 has loaded my files and reported in this thread it is working for him. 

Maybe you should tell us your hardware so another forum member with the same hardware can report results. 

Keep in mind I have not colored transitions yet. So, most video scenes will switch to default palett (white/blue) as a new video or scoreboard transitions. Also the scoreboard videos for most Gotham scenes were colored using “color mask”. This technique gives quite a bit of bleed over ughhhhh. I’ll recolor using “replace mode”. This will clean it up. Coin flip for free game match falls in same category and will be recolored. 

Do you have today’s files?  Every day I’m coloring four or five scenes. Today’s update fixed a couple of common scenes.  If you don’t have today’s files then the real pin files you have are four days old. 

I’m glad your following along. Showing interest inspires me to get it perfect. 

Lane

I'm not worried because i know as you keep going its getting better all the time there is a batman forever Facebook page where a few are very interested in your progress but I'm not saying much till you feel comfortable with how your going

i use the evo led xl screen now updated to v4.12 from 3.5

ill update tomorrow being in Australia i wait till the arvo to give you time to download but please as you update let me know

awesome job keep going

thx

@lucky1 how do you edit the delay on a scene and get it to stick?  For example on the Ball 1 Locked video it all looks good unless I hold the ball in the flipper.  Then the video coloring times out and the default palett kicks in.  I would like to change the last Ball 1 Locked frame delay from 500 to 2000.  If I edit this field and save the project the edit does not "stick".  Alternatively I can just add more frames at the end but this seems unnecessary if I can edit the delay.

Lane

Vpin Files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W1IxkMnrA1CJ3qTzL4nZ-c5DPtddfpwe?usp=sharing

Real Pin Files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16IN7g6axvLapNfKxNtLBoHJf0PmwXg-A?usp=sharing

Update for the day.  6.5 hrs on it today to give a perspective on the amount of time these updates take.

Face to Face shootdown of helicopter retriggered (there is still one default palette frame I am having trouble identifying)

Extra Ball Is Lit retriggered

Multiball Batwing Skyline Flyover finally repaired so Batwing is colored.  This was a bugger.  Turns out "replacement mode" fixed the scenes.  

Crime Spree Scoring retriggered

Multiball Scoring colored and triggered.  A giant improvement in gameplay DMD.  There may be one oddball scene that defaults to white/blue palette.  I will keep looking.

Coin Toss greatly improved.  Hands colored with individual frames so no bleed over.  I need to capture 1-9 in first digit to complete video coloring.

I am zeroing in on having all major scenes/modes colored.  Beginning to think about Chase Scene and Transitions.  I have not seen or captured the scenes that only world class players see.  If any of you guys/gals can capture those scenes that come near the end of conquering the game (if there are any) please forward them to me.  Otherwise I will miss some end of play scenes.  Download my files, install and enjoy.  It's getting close.  25 percent to go (probably 50 percent effort to go)!

I need to learn how to extend scene duration so when ball is held in flipper last scene will remain colored.  Help me here with some instruction.  I can not get delay edits to save.

Lane

• Content Provider
9 minutes ago, bushav said:

I am zeroing in on having all major scenes/modes colored.  Beginning to think about Chase Scene and Transitions.  I have not seen or captured the scenes that only world class players see.  If any of you guys/gals can capture those scenes that come near the end of conquering the game (if there are any) please forward them to me.  Otherwise I will miss some end of play scenes.  Download my files, install and enjoy.  It's getting close.  25 percent to go (probably 50 percent effort to go)!

Great work!

Are you able to dump those scenes yourself? There are instructions on how to setup for VPM in this thread and you could attach a mouse to your Vpin and just click around the targets to reach those modes you are missing. I'm sure some of the other Vpin guys on here could give you some more details as well if you need them. 

16 minutes ago, Terranigma said:

Great work!

Are you able to dump those scenes yourself? There are instructions on how to setup for VPM in this thread and you could attach a mouse to your Vpin and just click around the targets to reach those modes you are missing. I'm sure some of the other Vpin guys on here could give you some more details as well if you need them. 

Yes,  I  have grabbed some dumps I need with "dmddump folder" in VPMame.  However, I have never explored manual ball manipulation.  I can do that but I will have to study rules more thoroughly to learn how to get to the end of the game.  I am hoping an expert at this game will take on the challenge of getting me those hard scenes.  Trying to get some forum users to put a "little skin in the game" :)

Real Pin Files  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16IN7g6axvLapNfKxNtLBoHJf0PmwXg-A?usp=sharing

Vpin Files    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W1IxkMnrA1CJ3qTzL4nZ-c5DPtddfpwe?usp=sharing

8:30 am to 6:30 pm workday on this project.  It's getting fun and monotonous at the same time due to the winding down of the colorizations.  I have covered just about everything and have the proper triggers working.  A few multiball scenes where batman swings in with Chase and Robin are not colored, the rooftop chase scene is not colored and I saw a Nicole Kidman "special" screen while playing but did not capture it.  I have not accessed the "Forever" level of play to see how my triggers are working at that champion level.  I also have not colored any transitions but I don't think that will be too tough.  Mainly the chase scene is stumping me and I haven't tackled it yet.

Today:

Forever Jackpot sign triggered

Ball One Locked and Ball Two Locked videos lengthened

Crime Spree Event score video completed, colored and triggered

Extra Ball Is Lit two scenes added, colored and triggered

Batboat 3 Million video reclassified as a replace scenes

Added missing frame to Extra Ball Is Lit

Fixed Total Bonus Held end of ball sign

Fixed Gotham Event end of ball sign by allowing for plural form of Gotham

Added missing frames to Brain Drain video

Good Heads Bonus captured, colored, triggered

Corrected Lock Is Lit with Val Kilmer

Too Many Question Marks sign added

Good Head/Bad Head/Match/Mismatched screens colored and triggered

Fixed Coin Flip to account for a perfect match/free game

Triggered High Score coloring at the end when score exceeds 999,999,999

Hight Score sign triggered

Guys and Gals please download files and test this project for me.  I am at the point where I am wasting too much time playing the game looking for scenes that need coloring.  It's time for you guys to chime in with missing scenes!  All aboard.  

Lane

4775634_MultiballScoring.gif.d875c6ab8ca573e043fb2ac54b4b283d.gif

1692328925_LockIsLit.gif.dcbb9eaeeb855807412cd18c29446191.gif

48 minutes ago, trueno92 said:

Wow ur on fire here.  Any of these scenes 64 colour specific?

No they aren't.  I have a Vpin and the 64 colors are not currently supported.  Looking forward to have 64 color support one day, maybe.