Update uploaded to Google Drive.  Links a few post up.

Enter Initials after high score screen trigger modified

Added second Multiball splash video for when multiball is reactivated for second chance

Modified main score screen to allow for novice selection.  I'm still not happy with the coloring on the score screen.

Face to Face Laser Kick Ready video captured, colored, triggered

Batarang Champion video captured, colored, triggered

Batarang Record screen captured, colored, triggered

Added more swings to Extra Ball pendulum to keep it from timing out

Event Unlocked Face to Face captured, colored and triggered

Player 1 Up and Player 2 Up screens captured, colored and triggered

Safe Trap recolored for the umptenth time.  This is a tricky scene.  Removed some colors and just went with four color mask.

Captured and triggered the Batboat 3 Million video when boat travels left to right.  Still needs coloring.

If your in USA ......Happy 4th of July.......If your in Britain.......Hope you don't hold it against us!

i dont know what im doing wrong

i took a couple of goes to download update to screen then it finally upgraded but when i put on real pin files it may take turning machine on and off 3 or 4 times before i get any picture

then color is all wrong

im going to reload the lot again and will see what happens

3 hours ago, roboclan3 said:

i took a couple of goes to download update to screen then it finally upgraded but when i put on real pin files it may take turning machine on and off 3 or 4 times before i get any picture

then color is all wrong

I’m assuming your using a real pinball machine?  Is this the first time you have tried a color DMD on your machine?

Out of curiosity.  Have you checked to make sure your downloads are "unblocked"?  Right click on file and check properties.  There is a "file blocked" checkbox that should not be checked.  Sometimes anti virus will "block" downloads if it doesn't recognize the file.

Edited by bushav

i have a few

this is first xl screen that i have tried to updated and play around putting on the new files

but tomorrow is another day and will try again

i have a ripleys that i will up date tomorrow then i will see what i am doing wrong

keep up the good work

• Content Provider

6 hours ago, roboclan3 said:

then color is all wrong

This is the second time you have said it has taken a few goes to update the Pin2dmd. It shouldn't take more than 1 go. Every update I have done works straight away.

If you have the latest pin2dmd_XL.upd file copied to your SD card it should just work. It sounds like something else is not right.

I would try a different SD card to load the colour files onto. You may also need to reset the whole device by going into the config. Dino has a good guide here: https://sites.google.com/view/pin2dmd/home?authuser=0#h.p0gunbc9jddw 

After you reset you will need to make sure the Pin2dmd colour palette squares sequence at the top of the Pin2dmd on boot matches the one on pin2dmd.com 

This can be done in the config as well. I am pretty sure this needs to be done still but I would check with Lucky on that. It could explain wrong colours.

Also when you use the Pin2dmd without the colour file, did you need to turn the machine off 3 or 4 times before you get any picture? 

Good luck

New version uploaded to Google Drive.  Real Pin and VPin files updated.  Scroll up for links.

Colored and triggered Super Laser Kick Ready

Colored and triggered Super Laser Kick

Colored and triggered Double Jackpot

Colored and triggered Shoot Middle Ramp Double Jackpot

Colored and triggered the following Gotham Event transitions

-Crime Spree

-Safe Trap

-2 Many Questions

-Rooftop Chase

-Face to Face

-Brain Drain

Colored and triggered all combinations of Coin Toss except 40 and 00 which I have not captured yet.

I think this project is complete enough to publish in the download section, especially if I could capture the last two coin tosses I need.  You guys let me know if you think it is worth of publishing at this point.  I am sure I will keep refining the project but it might be time to let others enjoy it.

Lane

• Content Provider
41 minutes ago, bushav said:

Colored and triggered all combinations of Coin Toss except 40 and 00 which I have not captured yet.

Great work. I'm not sure how you are triggering the Match screen for the coin toss but there should be a way to do it that doesn't require triggering each combination of numbers.

You could use a layered colour mask for this and just looking at that scene one possibility is triggering from the top left ")" symbol that is after the number 1 or even the number 1 itself. In that scene, those parts are static and do not change, so you could do a layered mask for the actual number where 40 is and also colour the matched 00.

Don't forget if you have 2 players or more you will have multiple match scores to deal with, this makes it more complex when manually triggering each match number.

Edit: Also just to add, if you have any scenes that have no dynamic content, lets take your first scene in the older project which is 20 mil, you can change that to a "replace" scene. This will help if you have any scenes that do not have any dynamic content that aren't working right in terms of timing or if they have any issues. You can also set a delay on this to be a bit longer on your last frame, this will hold the last frame of your scene until your next keyframe is triggered. You need to be careful though because if you miss the following keyframe it may continue on and you could miss some gameplay. So this is more for when you get a bit more comfortable with it all. To do this, on the last frame of your replace scene, set the delay to something such as 1000, that is the time it will hold that frame until your next keyframe is detected.

Keep up the great work!

For the Match scene I do trigger from the top left up to the (. I need to check two player and make sure it still works. I colored 30 and it is the default sequence. However if the DMD shows something other than a 3 dropping into view then I trigger whatever the actual number is. That way I only had to color four frames per number. I cut an additional single frame of each number and tacked it on the end as a color mask frame so it would sit there indefinitely if another trigger doesn’t happen. Of course attract mode begins and the coin is replaced. I haven’t used layered mode yet. Lucky1 tells me I need it for the rooftop chase. I guess Freezy supports layered mode ?

it’s tough here at the end. Some scenes require a half dozen triggers because the scene can restart in mid sequence after an interruption. These hiccups aren’t noticed until it starts getting close to being finished and your looking for every wart. 

I spent most of the day installing a 8 x 48 led matrix behind the playfield on my cab. After the new Batman 66 was published I wanted to see the great light show. Finally got it configured correctly at midnight. The software configuration was tough. A lot of counting LEDs and trying different mappings. 

Edited by bushav

Tested yesterday this colorization on a real machine, I noticed that some times the color from a scene continues in another scene causing the colors to be mixed, for example at the score scene sometimes its gray, another yellow and sometimes its like a rainbow, am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Garou

46 minutes ago, Garou said:

Tested yesterday this colorization on a real machine, I noticed that some times the color from a scene continues in another scene causing the colors to be mixed, for example at the score scene sometimes its gray, another yellow and sometimes its like a rainbow, am I doing something wrong?

I’m not finished yet and there are some bleed overs. I didn’t think the score was one of them. Could you be referring to the Gotham scene score reports where the fellow is laughing with his face on the left side and score on the right?

I am struggling with those scenes as there are about 18 different versions. When the bat plane flies left to right it is leaving a rainbow trail in its flight path. I’ve corrected about 25 percent of them.  You can’t use “replace” method as the score is dynamic. I’m having to use a hybrid method. Also the Bonus reports have one called Gotham Events. It’s giving me trouble. I don’t know why but the Gotham Event title migrates a few pixels on the ROM DMD. It’s making it impossible to trigger correctly.  

By all means let me know where the warts are. I’ve played some of the other colorizations the last two days to compare. There are some with no imperfections but the majority are showing bleed over and transition issues occasionally. It’s just very tough to get it perfect. I’ve also noticed that with my two computers the faster processor is working much better. 

55 minutes ago, bushav said:

I’m not finished yet and there are some bleed overs. I didn’t think the score was one of them. Could you be referring to the Gotham scene score reports where the fellow is laughing with his face on the left side and score on the right?

I am struggling with those scenes as there are about 18 different versions. When the bat plane flies left to right it is leaving a rainbow trail in its flight path. I’ve corrected about 25 percent of them.  You can’t use “replace” method as the score is dynamic. I’m having to use a hybrid method. Also the Bonus reports have one called Gotham Events. It’s giving me trouble. I don’t know why but the Gotham Event title migrates a few pixels on the ROM DMD. It’s making it impossible to trigger correctly.  

By all means let me know where the warts are. I’ve played some of the other colorizations the last two days to compare. There are some with no imperfections but the majority are showing bleed over and transition issues occasionally. It’s just very tough to get it perfect. I’ve also noticed that with my two computers the faster processor is working much better. 

I don't know exactly how to explain coz my english isn't that good but I'll try my best.

During a game if you dont have  any mode activate you'll probably see you score on display, as you are playing the scenes changes like bumper hits, when the game changes to score again sometimes its gray, sometimes yellow, somethimes its like a rainbow, some other scenes that I dont remember now sometimes have an rainbow coloring.

I really dont know how coloring works but I has confused coz the score being gray or yellow doesnt look like an error or something but like a rainbow looks like, so the score changing from gray to yellow could be the way it was to be maybe not, maybe the score could be "dynamic" that change color sometimes.

I'm not by any means critising you work, I'm just trying to help and I'm sayin that coz maybe I'm saying something that sounds rude or something so anyway I'm apologising if its the case.

By the way, its a great job, congrats.

There are clouds passing behind the score. Maybe that is what you are seeing and it doesn’t look acceptable on a real DMD. That’s valuable info. 

I can make the center of the score transparent and the clouds/score will interact differently. 

Let me try that and upload a revision. It will be Monday when I get home again and make the change. 

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, bushav said:

There are some with no imperfections but the majority are showing bleed over and transition issues occasionally. It’s just very tough to get it perfect.

In regards to transitions you will want to use a dump from a real pin to make sure you get all frames. I have found Vpin dumps to be too "clean" and there are some frames that are not present in those dumps. If you know of scenes having issues on a real pin I would check back over Luckys dump to try and correct them. You may find extra frames not present in your other dumps. Generally if an author bases their colouring solely on Vpin dumps then there will most likely be issues on a real pin in the form of transition colour bleed.

An example of this is on a Vpin the amount of frames for a scene was 14 but on a real pin it was 19. Because the real pin had extra frames the colouring stopped because the length of time/frames was longer for the real pin. When you colour for 14 frames the real pin still keeps playing the remaining 5 which you haven't accounted for. This will make your scene lose colour for those 5 frames. Depending on the scene it could be fixed with a delay on your last frame or adding the extra frames to your scene and colouring them.

Personally I would get everything coloured and working on your vpin first. That way you can be sure you have covered what you can actually test yourself. After that if there are certain scenes not working on real pins you can ask for dumps (if those aren't in luckys) and correct them as they come up. Totally up to you though.

@Terranigma  I see your point. Lucky1’s dump did not have everything I needed. I inherited 3 dumps then got one from Lucky. I probably have six more Vpin dumps grabbing needed scenes. I’ll press on. I don’t have a way to get real dumps other than with this forum. 

I wasn’t happy with the score colorizations. The clouds screw it up. Transparent centers in the numbers looks pretty cool but it deviates from the original author. I think I’ll try it anyway and see how you guys like it. 

3 hours ago, roboclan3 said:

any updates

Sure.  It has been nine days since the last update.  About six of those spent camping and I  am heading to work this week.  I did work on the project three days so there are some great improvements with this update. 

I recolored some of the attract scenes and found a few scenes that I was missing like Nicole Kidman "Special".  I never realized until yesterday there was an attract scene deep in the intro that lists all the people who worked on the project.  It is now colored with the Sonic guy!  I notice the "00" coin flip is not triggering correctly but no time to work on the project this week.  I can not test on a real machine but I did change the coloring layers on the score in an attempt to make it cleaner for real pinball machines.  I am not sure if I was successful.  The Gotham scene transitions are getting better but there is still some bleed over I am chasing.  

Files on Google Drive updated (both real and Vpin).  Use the above links to access.

Edited by bushav

On 6/29/2021 at 12:11 AM, bushav said:

Editor working great, no crashes since update to 64 bit version and saves pin files nicely.  I've updated files on the Google drive.  Most of my time this afternoon spent on getting "ball 2 locked" colored and triggered, face to face Statue of Liberty success/fail scenes working and fixed error on bat cave scene where ball drops into batmobile cockpit (was triggering repeatedly on the opening scene).  Also learned how to dump DMD and captured Tilt/Danger which are now colored and working.

VPin File here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W1IxkMnrA1CJ3qTzL4nZ-c5DPtddfpwe?usp=sharing

Real Pin Files here  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16IN7g6axvLapNfKxNtLBoHJf0PmwXg-A?usp=sharing

The colorization is well worth installing at this point.  Really jazzes up a great table.  I'm working away diligently so not ready for incoming hand grenades about missing scenes or bleed over colors.  I know, I know, I know.  Dudes, this colorizing ROM's is not for the faint of heart.  Kudos to those guys and gals who have done great colorizations, especially those authors of multiple works of art!  

Pray for freezy to update his dll.  Being able to use the sequence modes sure would help.  I'm old schooling it with a new scene and trigger for each frame.  Its the only way I seem to guarantee minimum bleed over and proper sequencing.  Also, if I check the box and use "dynamic masks" I have much better luck.  If anyone knows why the trigger using the entire DMD is not dependable for me chime in.  It sure would save me time but every time I use one of the full screen triggers I have to revise it to a dynamic mask to assure 100 percent triggering every time. 

Enjoy,

Lane

856766201_ChopperShootDown.gif.89b44dd53efa7b9f61d2e4f246413ea1.gif

435873860_BallinBatmobile.gif.fefc886990743d0ddcad49b0aefeb19a.gif

what I learned when I worked on the Frankenstein colorization, is that you can only use detection mask 0-9, instead of that you can choose 0 - 24 in the editor. Keyframes with detection mask 10 and higher will not work.

Also when you don't use a detection mask for keyframing the whole frame (display) and "D-Mask" is not selected, make sure that the value behind "mask:" is between 0 and 9.

Hope that helps for keyframing.

• Content Provider
30 minutes ago, Newbie77 said:

what I learned when I worked on the Frankenstein colorization, is that you can only use detection mask 0-9, instead of that you can choose 0 - 24 in the editor. Keyframes with detection mask 10 and higher will not work.

Also when you don't use a detection mask for keyframing the whole frame (display) and "D-Mask" is not selected, make sure that the value behind "mask:" is between 0 and 9.

Hope that helps for keyframing.

Upps ! I forgot to remove that limit for 192x64. It is not needed anymore since I introduced the PAL STORAGE FLASH option . I guess I need to build a version 4.16 🙂

11 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Upps ! I forgot to remove that limit for 192x64. It is not needed anymore since I introduced the PAL STORAGE FLASH option . I guess I need to build a version 4.16 🙂

that makes it a lot easier. 🙂

How many detection masks can be used now? 0-24? And how many in the layered colormask mode?

Do I have to change the settings on the pin2dmd display itself?

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, Newbie77 said:

How many detection masks can be used now? 0-24?

Yes

And how many in the layered colormask mode?

I can´t give you a exact number for that because those masks are temporarily stored in RAM and the RAM usage varies a lot from project to project. But 10 should be possible . 

Do I have to change the settings on the pin2dmd display itself?

No unless you changed PAL STORAGE to RAM