2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Actually a lot of the triggers and detection masks from Malenkos projects like T2, SF3, Baywatch, LW3 were fixed by me. So his unfinished projects are not a good starting point for learning how to trigger correctly. Maybe better ask guys like @slippifishi, @NetzZwerg or others who have made perfecly triggering projects for help. In fact Sega, DataEast and Stern projects are easier to trigger compared to WPC from the technical side. @Newbie77might also be a good option as he has just almost finished triggers for Frankeinstein. I think he has also published his project files.

Thanks for responding.  Amazingly slippifishi has reached out and is willing to review a few of my scenes and offer advice.  This is such a great community!  

I took a three hour break to mow the grass and had almost decided to park Batman Forever and work on something with less videos and scenes on the DMD.  Starting from scratch would be refreshing as the scenes in this project are really showing the hands this project has passed through.  I've updated the above links again to represent current state.  I did get the Batboat scene finally working by making 24 separate scenes and 24 triggers.  For now I'm pressing ahead with Batman Forever.  It's like a free class and brain therapy.

Lane

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, bushav said:

I did get the Batboat scene finally working by making 24 separate scenes and 24 triggers. 

That is what ColorMask Sequence or Layered Colormask can be used for. You assign tiggers to every single frame within the scene. What you did is the "oldschool" way.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:22 AM, lucky1 said:

That is what ColorMask Sequence or Layered Colormask can be used for. You assign tiggers to every single frame within the scene. What you did is the "oldschool" way.

I completely agree!  The cluttering up of the frame window in the editor is a terrible byproduct of my method used.  I tried the color mask sequence and I didn't get the desired result on the only attempt I made.  I will try to take a small video scene and learn the new method.  This is my fourth day on the "coloring time card" and it is really coming along.  I owe a debt of gratitude to yourself @lucky1 and @malenko and @slippifishi for posting the WIP and giving me helpful advice.  Keep the advice coming.  I am updating my previous file links in this thread a few time a day in case users are wanting to jump on this and watch the progress on their cabs.  The project I started with had about 75 percent of the scenes cut, about 10 percent working triggers and about 25 percent working colorizations.  So, previous authors will see some scenes they colored.  However, somehow the editor version changes altered the pallets along the way so even though the scene looked beautiful in the editor it played back the wrong colors on the cab.  For example "Ball Freeze" below was completely recolored to take it from a burgundy to a bright red.  I am having to recolor the previously colored scenes to make the colors pop out.  Probably just a result of the age of this project and the different techniques used along the way.

At this point the pal and vni files are very usable and will add a lot to your cabs.  You will grimace at some missing or bleed over colorizations within the game.  Also I am missing scene dumps like "Ball 2 Locked".  I don't know how I have a dump of three games with no "Ball 2 Lock" scene but I do.  I will have to learn how to dump scenes from my VPX cab and learn to play better pinball to capture the scenes I need!

Lane

270518780_BallSave.gif.924de59096d64bd75ed8a477b733e4f7.gif1849271326_BatplaneSkyline.gif.b92096ed791ade1a6b99e1748af2dfc0.gifMultiball2.gif.5264e0d2fe71fee1420892a2d9bca58c.gif1290158009_QuestionMarks.gif.c158b419fef171b238583b6e86af83a1.gif

Edited by bushav

• Content Provider

I thought you have the real pinball. Are you using freezy ? If yes, that would explain why it is not working. The latest version of colormask sequence is not implemented into freezy Just like 64 colors it only works with a real pin2dmd and my device.dll . I hope that this will be added to freezy in the near future.

On 6/27/2021 at 12:31 PM, lucky1 said:

I thought you have the real pinball. Are you using freezy ? If yes, that would explain why it is not working. The latest version of colormask sequence is not implemented into freezy Just like 64 colors it only works with a real pin2dmd and my device.dll . I hope that this will be added to freezy in the near future.

Ahaaa!  I keep waving pixie dust at it but it’s still just a good fake. 

Edited by bushav

Attract mode complete!  I took a break from video scenes and cleaned up the attract mode.  Most of these screens were previously colored by other authors.  Just needed recoloring to correct the pallets.  Triggers were screwed up so deleted old keyframes and made new ones.  Spent two hours trying to Get Nicole and Jim's profile pictures to trigger correctly.  Turns out there were multiple keyframes with the same name but just the word "keyframe" in front of the title.  I guess this is a relic of previous software versions.  Now you get an error message if you try to create a duplicate keyframe.  At some point an author put a dash in front of all his titles.  It really makes sorting the list impossible.  Especially when you factor in the two digit numbering sorting IE "1" sorts like "01" and the capital letter sorting.  Lucky1 was most likely correct when he said I should have started from scratch!  I just didn't have the knowledge to get going without the template.  Dreading the rooftop chase scenes.  I don't know how the heck to account for all the variables.  May just use a four color pallet.  

Lane

844681016_ValKilmer.gif.e86a04019d1b6abb91e994152cd0be36.gif

483591900_NicoleKidman.gif.a1a679da0abb9ca9f6dd28552621cfea.gif

1945322467_SonicLogo.gif.dfa54f732d025a1f099d515748550d7b.gif

1415066397_ForeverAttrack.gif.fc4fe2faae3eb62f27bffb361f98862d.gif

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, bushav said:

Dreading the rooftop chase scenes.

Just do all the normal stuff first to get used to the editor and triggering and at the end take care of the difficult scenes.

Rooftop chase can be done in ColorMask layered mode by splitting the screen into single items and trigger them individually but that is really advanced stuff you should not care about now.

• Content Provider
23 minutes ago, roboclan3 said:

just wondering if you can post files here so i can try on my batman pin2dmd

thx

Why not take the project files from Malenko, add the updated version of bushav and run a real pin export in the pin2dmd editor yourself.

I will register my editor and add real pin files to my Batman Forever folder.  It will not be right away as my editor is no longer creating pin files.  I've posted a help request on the editor thread.  I'm sure Lucky1 will respond promptly.  Thanks for being interested in the project.

Lane

12 minutes ago, Terranigma said:

Vpin and Real Pin attached

BF.zip 645.57 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for doing that.  I shows I have a local problem with my editor/computer.  I'll have to get my editor working properly to proceed with project.  I probably generate these files every thirty minutes to test my colorization project on the desktop.  Maybe Luck1 can get me going.  It generates a runtime error when I use several of the options under the "file" menu.  It's like it can not find the JAVA files it needs.

Lane

• Content Provider

Can´t reproduce the problem.  Both exports of your project working without a problem. Which version of the editor do you use (Win/OSX 64/32bit ?) and which java version ? 

32 bit ver 2.5.0.6  on Windows 10 desktop.

If I click the "upload project" option under "file menu" I get a similar "can not access upload project" message so something is screwing up that area of my editor.  I look to see if I could delete the registry entries for the editor so it would start fresh and I can not locate if it has a registry file.

Edited by bushav

• Content Provider
7 minutes ago, bushav said:

32 bit ver 2.5.0.6  on Windows 10 desktop.

If I click the "upload project" option under "file menu" I get a similar "can not access upload project" message some something is screwing up that area of my editor.  I look to see if I could delete the registry entries for the editor so it would start fresh and I can not locate if it has a registry file.

If you don´t have a pin2dmd hardware connected through USB ,upload will naturally not work.

Batman Forever is moving forward again thanks to @Lucky1 and his tech support.  64 bit version works.  I also registered software so I can upload real pin files.  As you guys may have surmised I am spending a lot of time on this project for a guy who just got started in colorization.  My industry was stalled out (airlines) due to COVID.  When the international travel gets cranking I will not have this much time to spare.  This project is great therapy for my down time.

Edited by bushav

Editor working great, no crashes since update to 64 bit version and saves pin files nicely.  I've updated files on the Google drive.  Most of my time this afternoon spent on getting "ball 2 locked" colored and triggered, face to face Statue of Liberty success/fail scenes working and fixed error on bat cave scene where ball drops into batmobile cockpit (was triggering repeatedly on the opening scene).  Also learned how to dump DMD and captured Tilt/Danger which are now colored and working.

VPin File here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W1IxkMnrA1CJ3qTzL4nZ-c5DPtddfpwe?usp=sharing

Real Pin Files here  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16IN7g6axvLapNfKxNtLBoHJf0PmwXg-A?usp=sharing

The colorization is well worth installing at this point.  Really jazzes up a great table.  I'm working away diligently so not ready for incoming hand grenades about missing scenes or bleed over colors.  I know, I know, I know.  Dudes, this colorizing ROM's is not for the faint of heart.  Kudos to those guys and gals who have done great colorizations, especially those authors of multiple works of art!  

Pray for freezy to update his dll.  Being able to use the sequence modes sure would help.  I'm old schooling it with a new scene and trigger for each frame.  Its the only way I seem to guarantee minimum bleed over and proper sequencing.  Also, if I check the box and use "dynamic masks" I have much better luck.  If anyone knows why the trigger using the entire DMD is not dependable for me chime in.  It sure would save me time but every time I use one of the full screen triggers I have to revise it to a dynamic mask to assure 100 percent triggering every time. 

Enjoy,

Lane

856766201_ChopperShootDown.gif.89b44dd53efa7b9f61d2e4f246413ea1.gif

435873860_BallinBatmobile.gif.fefc886990743d0ddcad49b0aefeb19a.gif

Morning update.  Google drive files for Vpin updated.

Val Kilmer Lock is Lit video colored and triggered

Event Crime Spree Locked sign colored and triggered

Hand Cuffs colored and video triggered

Safe Trap video tinkered on some more.  Trigger hash moved.  Some coloring issues as water ebbs and flows (blue gets replaced by yellow).  May have to live with it.

Enter Initials colored and triggered

Next up:  Multiball scoring video.  It's a dynamic video with multiple positions of features.  May just use a four color mask and not tackle 16 colors.  Probably same for Roof Chase until Freezy (hopefully) updates his dll and I can use some of the new editor features (sequence modes).

Lane

PS:  Is anyone downloading and playing the Vpin/Real Pin files as I update them or am I just creating work for myself?

Edited by bushav

@bushav, your updates are welcomed and appreciated. I play on my vpin and have been downloading your updates from the google drive, great job and progress that you have made so far. Thank You for your time and work on this colorization project.

10 hours ago, bushav said:

Morning update.  Google drive files for Vpin updated.

Val Kilmer Lock is Lit video colored and triggered

Event Crime Spree Locked sign colored and triggered

Hand Cuffs colored and video triggered

Safe Trap video tinkered on some more.  Trigger hash moved.  Some coloring issues as water ebbs and flows (blue gets replaced by yellow).  May have to live with it.

Enter Initials colored and triggered

Next up:  Multiball scoring video.  It's a dynamic video with multiple positions of features.  May just use a four color mask and not tackle 16 colors.  Probably same for Roof Chase until Freezy (hopefully) updates his dll and I can use some of the new editor features (sequence modes).

Lane

PS:  Is anyone downloading and playing the Vpin/Real Pin files as I update them or am I just creating work for myself?

ive dowloaded the real pin files hoping to install to day was away for work but now were in lock down again so time to play