Indiana Jones Wip - Freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

No luck with any of the roms, 114 is the worst actually... maybe I'm being too picky. I'll leave it up to everyone else.

I've been working on this, maybe an hour a night. I think it's a much needed break.

No ETA right now, there's lots of little things to do. I'm going a little bit farther on the GI work this time, hopefully it will bring a little bit more atmosphere than WPT. I hope that, even if it's not a fun table to play, it'll be nice to look at ...

and then VP10 will come out two days after I release it.  :rolleyes: naturally lol

• Content Provider

lol

The table is playable, it just needs the finishing touches. The DMD lag is noticeable, but not detrimental. It's probably the worst in the long animation scene when you get to 8 ball multiball.

At this point, what I mean by finishing touches is just the pretty stuff. Making the table playable is the easy part most of the time, once I get to that point I can do the proper lighting. I started on the GI last night so it's starting to come together. The table will be a fair bit darker than the initial screenshot in this topic. Once I get the table looking right I'll share another WIP screenshot, and release should soon follow

I can't speak for how the VP version ends up of course but I was really, really, really surprised by how much fun the game was when I played it at the Ottawa Pinball Show this past September.  I'm really looking forward to this release, easily the most eagerly awaited release for me right after AC/DC.  Sure, some say it comes off as a one-trick-pony but for whatever reason I had a ball and the long line-ups to play it tells me so did many others at the show.  Seriously, great theme to build a pin around.  Probably the big issue is some tables maybe don't hold on to an owners attention in a limited collection and maybe this is one of those but I think this will be a great VP release.

Thanks again for working on this Fren, many of us appreciate the skills you bring to the game.

• Content Provider

No luck with any of the roms, 114 is the worst actually... maybe I'm being too picky. I'll leave it up to everyone else.

I've been working on this, maybe an hour a night. I think it's a much needed break.

No ETA right now, there's lots of little things to do. I'm going a little bit farther on the GI work this time, hopefully it will bring a little bit more atmosphere than WPT. I hope that, even if it's not a fun table to play, it'll be nice to look at ...

and then VP10 will come out two days after I release it.  :rolleyes: naturally lol

I played the real one once and I thought it was pretty entertaining and as people have mentioned, the theme alone is enough to draw me in.  And based on your previous tables and your latest screenshot, you have already achieved making tables visually stunning with great atmosphere, while staying true to the real table.  Not to mention your recreations play really well, so I'd say you achieved your goal.

Archived