Wip Sharkey's Shootout (Stern 2000)

freneticamnesic

• Content Provider

I am creating this thread to hold myself accountable for a build, finally. I've started a ton of tables and left them in some mangled heap after I got bored of them. That's not to say I won't get bored of this, but I feel like I have all the tools I need to build it.

I need to get permissions from a few people for their resources as well, but I should be good to go there. Currently scripted off of TABs 2009 VP8 version.

I could use some help finding a few more resources. I need plastics, I have the lower playfield plastics but need mid-to-upper plastics! I could also use help with primitives, otherwise I can just use ramps for the balls. This is my first complete build so I should keep it simple.

And don't worry, the ramps are placeholders while I get the table running 100%!

This started on Friday night so bear with me as it could be a slow build. 

rAG4gGZ.jpg

UPDATE 4/11/14 I need a play tester or two, please PM me if you are familiar with this table and can help me get the gameplay right.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

A few more hours tonight, starting to get low-res plastics in as placeholders. All leads coming up empty on high-res scans, I'll do a redraw of them later but really not excited to :) Still need to figure out how a few things work, it looks like the 3 ball between the flippers spins or something? 

PLnjSS9.jpg

• Content Provider

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=7055

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-5794-03-04

Using these I'm sure we can recreate the others. They all almost have the same pattern running through them from what I can see?

Yep, some have strange accents but it's not difficult, I'm just being lazy. I know as soon as I do it I'm going to find great images!

Yep, some have strange accents but it's not difficult, I'm just being lazy. I know as soon as I do it I'm going to find great images!

Probably! I'll wait for the weekend, if nothing has turned up by then i'll recreate them.

• Content Provider

Like to see tables that don't exist in fs, and new table builders, look a great start, may the force be with you ;)

This does exist in fs now, but it doesn't look near this good. And I'm working with a new builder myself.  For those about to build we salute you!! :P

• Content Provider

The mystery ball looks great!  On my machine at least the FP version all the pool balls are faceted, like they are real low poly count.  I was really hoping the VP version would look better and it really does.   You are doing an awesome job, lovin' it!

Ah well then you've been duped! It's only an image applied to a ramp :)

RWwfAcD.jpg

• Content Provider

So how is that done? With a ramp straight up?

ramp bottom at the height of the metal ramps, +200 top height, and angled to view perfectly aligned on the mystery ball platform, and imagemodewrap an image on there

pretty sure this was my base image http://clipartist.info/www/CLIPARTIST.ORG/lemmling/lemmling_8ball_Scalable_Vector_Graphics_SVG.svg.html

• Content Provider

Probably overloading on the WIP status but trying to do this daily. Started to redraw some plastics, Still a lot of plastics to do, need to fix mystery ball workings, redo ramps, add a couple primitives. I should be able to get a lot done this weekend

WupOsMK.jpg

Archived