Wip Sharkey's Shootout (Stern 2000)

freneticamnesic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Damn I didn't realize I uploaded an outdated shot,  the one above is now current as of last night. new pop bumpers, primitive flippers (pool stick decal), pool balls added, new backdrop, new apron a few nuts and bolts and screws added.... Tonight I will fix the plunger, add the cue ball, maybe add flasher objects, and if I can get the right image, the pool stick will be added. 

etherealmusic478 that would be appreciated. I've got one locally but have a hard time comparing my own table (I walk away saying...close enough)

after I do a couple updates tonight I'll send you a link, and just let me know what should be changed to improve play

• Content Provider

gameplay last night, as you can see the ramps need work and still need a ton of plastics and then some glitter and lipstick to pretty it up. full table gi?

you can see working center post save at 3:20, the left and right post saves also work. pressing both left and right gives you the center post. the buttons are tied to magnasaves

• Content Provider

Thank you everyone for the kind words! It means a lot.

I've been so impressed by all the great tables everyone has created over the years. I have always admired the work that has gone into these, and working on this for the past few weeks has only solidified that feeling. It takes so much more work than I ever though. Something as simple as flashers (the 12 on the backdrop) took several hours last night and even this morning it still wasn't perfect. They're fixed now and I was able to get some more things added. Again, minor, but it FEELS like a major accomplishment.

Today I was able to get sphere primitives for the balls but most of the time was spent trying to get a working texture map for them. I got one pretty close (the 1 ball, obviously) and will fix them all up with the correct balls between now and release.

There's still many bugs that will likely require the assistance of someone with greater coding skills than I have (admittedly, not much)

Between this point and it's release, most of the time will be spent making it look visually good. Obviously I need to darken the textures and create more of an "atmosphere" 

This will be my last update until release, until then....

Rz8wlrQ.jpg

And a bit of a Playfield video

• Content Provider

I agree. Nice balls lol! I would use what you have. ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unfortunate, with the effect I am trying to achieve, I feel like we're severely limited by the functionality of VP. If we get great, true 3D support in VP10, then I will circle back around and do this the right way. I am just expecting too much out of VP :) Essentially, with a sphere obj, I'd still have to fake it, so if I have to fake it I might as well do it and get the effect I want. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I'm back. 2 weeks max til release. Really would love to get a playtester or two. The two I enlisted previously have gone missing (ahem, DAZZ and ehterealmusic478639) - not that it matters, I realized how much was missing in the meantime.

Until release day comes, here's how she is looking!

TE26KTQ.jpg

quick vid

Archived