Metal Slug

This is a corrected release of Javier15's abandoned FP to VPX conversion of Pinwizkid's original Metal Slug table (Javier15's versions 1.0.0, 1.0.2, and 1.0.3 available here ). 

Thanks to Hauntfreaks for the updated lighting in version 1.0.5!

Javier15's last update was posted in 2019 (v1.0.3) and all existing versions are unplayable without some tweaking and missing files.  In such a state, many have been unable to play this great table, so I am uploading my corrections as v1.0.4 so that it can be played as intended.  The original table states modding is allowed and Javier15 has not been on the site since February 2024 at the time of posting.   

I take no real credit beyond the minor tweaks outlined in the v1.0.4 changelog. 

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Download, Unblock, and Extract the archive
  • Place the Metal Slug_1.04.directb2s and Metal Slug_1.04.vpx files in your Tables folder along with the entire Metal Slug.UltraDMD folder

• 2 weeks later...

This table requires patches for playing it on vpinball standalone (linux/mac/ios/android):

A patched script / diff is available here.

https://github.com/jsm174/vpx-standalone-scripts/pull/314/files

@fudgeycaca maybe these can be incorporated into the table, at least the parenthesis issues. Wine VBScript has issues with the first arg of a sub being parenthesized.