About This File
This is a tribute to the Coen Brother's 2000 film from Touchstone Pictures, and the Grammy Award winning soundtrack produced by T-Bone Burnett. This does NOT include the music files. See below for instructions.
This was developed and tested in Ver. 10.6. Users of 10.7 report issues with the game.
It is a collaboration with Scottacus (hours of scripting and adjusting, and game improvements) and bord (physics and game improvements). I'm grateful to both, and Loserman76 for some early scripting proof of concepts, for their time and patience. I appreciate all comments good and bad, and bringing issues to light. Thanks also to the beta testers: Thalamus (who also recommended a key improvement to multiball), JFR1, mlager. Also to Arngrim for DOF in v1.5.
Hold left flipper button for option menu.
It's tough, but, I hope, sort of addicting. You are on a journey to find the treasure, your score is your take of the loot. You must first lock Everett's, Delmar's, and Pete's saucers with balls to escape the chain gang. Multiball is a mad scramble to get away. The center "Skedaddle" saucer (behind the DTs) scores $5000 per hit in multiball Then you must collect objects on the playfield. Once you have the object(s) for that stage, ball lock for multiball begins again, and you shoot the 3 saucers. Repeat until you reach the treasure. Don't forget backflips.
NOTE: Your progress through the journey does not reset on each ball, but other goals do. When more than one player, players are amassing their individual take of the treasure, but they are working together to complete the journey.
O Brother Where Art Thou
Zoss Pinball Co., 2021
1. Follow the Flashing Inserts! Seek the Treasure!
2. First, escape the chain gang! Lock balls in Everett, Pete & Delmar Saucers to start Multiball.
3. When one ball remains in play, the next stage of your journey will begin.
4. Shoot for targets/triggers with flashing lights.
5. Once flashing targets are hit, the Trio’s Saucers will lock balls for Multiball.
6. Shoot for SKEDADDLE for big payout: $5000 per hit during multiball.
7. Drop Targets: BONA earns 2X. FIDE earns 3x
8. Collect 5 Rollover Keys to double Multipliers. Each 5 Keys collected lights a Lock. 3 locks = extra ball.
9. Dapper Dan target lights bumpers, FOP target turns ‘em off.
10. Sling hits sell records. Get 20 per ball and get a "big fat contract."
11. The blue "Light Fingers" light behind the DTs is a skill shot with a good payoff. But it only comes on when you have a shot.
Hope you enjoy it. Onevox
A note about SLOPE. Some folks have reported a floaty ball in VPX 10.7. If you are using 10.7 and this is your only issue, try increasing the PF slope to 6.5 or 6.75. If you are on 10.6 and the ball isn't fast enough for your tastes, try playing the game for a while before changing the slope. The game is supposed to be slow, then frenetic (multiball), then slow, just like the scenes in the movie.
NOTE: Distribution of this table or its related files on a computer, virtual pinball machine or storage device, which is SOLD as part of a commercial product, or sharing this file as part of "all in one" package installation via Mega (or similar sites) or via a file transfer process is not allowed.
Add music: Buy the soundtrack, or grab the songs from your music library, convert to .mp3 and rename them as shown below . Place them in an unzipped folder named "OBWAT" and put that folder in your VPX Music folder.
Here are the songs used:
OBWAT1.mp3 Man of Constant Sorrow, studio version
OBWAT2.mp3 Man of Constant Sorrow, rally version
OBWAT3.mp3 In the Jailhouse Now
OBWAT4.mp3 Keep on the Sunny Side
OBWAT5.mp3 I'll Fly Away
OBWAT6.mp3 Big Rock Candy Mountain
OBWAT7.mp3 Hard Time Killing Floor Blues
OBWAT8.mp3 Angel Band
OBWAT9.mp3 You Are My Sunshine
OBWAT11.mp3 In The Highways
OBWAT13.mp3 I Am Weary