Ordering EVO PCBs at chinese manufactures questions and help

lucky1

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, goredaimon said:

Hello friends, how are you?

Is it possible to change most components to a trought-hole design? I know some are impossible, like the processor, but capacitors, resistors, diodes, etc could be.

Possible yes but would be a lot more expensive for manufacturing  because of no automatic placement but manual placement of the components.

So does not make any sense

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
49 minutes ago, yenningComity said:

Want to order of pcbway, but wanted to make sure that the evo board listed is the current version. They dont list when it was last updated or a version number on their site. It just shows when it was first uploaded.

I always update the files on pcbway. It is the latest

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys 

I have ordered also 10 Pin2DMD Boards by PCBway. Now the send me an email with a few questions, perhaps @lucky1 can answering them.

see attachement, especially the two picture with these red arrows.

Thanks 

1.jpg

rrow pointing cathode

please confirm  arrow pointing the cathode

Edited by Thargor

Just ordering a new batch of PIN2DMD, they are requesting some changes of the BOM. Some are pretty straightforward (diodes, headers), one is more concerning

Specifically: they want to change the voltage regulator  (IC3) to AZ2940D-3.3TRE1

Looking at the datasheet, it seems to me this new regulator has lower characteristics, ie max input voltage is 16V (recommended max 13.2V) compared to the original regulator (26V). That said, checking the schematics that should be fine, since the input voltage is 5V anyway, right ?

Cheers

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Thargor said:

Hi Guys 

I have ordered also 10 Pin2DMD Boards by PCBway. Now the send me an email with a few questions, perhaps @lucky1 can answering them.

see attachement, especially the two picture with these red arrows.

Thanks 

1.jpg

2.jpg

arrow pointing cathode

arrow pointing cathode.png

please confirm  arrow pointing the cathode

please confirm  arrow pointing the cathode.png

Jut go back in this thread and you will find the answer

• Content Provider
16 hours ago, Thargor said:

Hi Guys 

If you check the sample order folder when you download the order zip off GitHub it will have some pictures in there that you can compare to. They are a good resolution so you can zoom in too. This will help you check orientation of parts etc and it even has arrows for the cathode and anode.

• Content Provider
28 minutes ago, Ashram56 said:

@lucky1 , could you please provide a PN for a female connector that would fit the existing WPC 12V male connector on PIN2DMD ?

Or alternatively, could you please confirm this reference is correct:

VHR-4N | Boitier de connecteur Femelle, 4 contacts 1 rang pas 3.96mm, Droit, Montage sur câble, série VHR | RS Components (rs-online.com)

Thanks

Why don´t you look at the partnumber of the male connector in the BOM of the pcb to get the type ? 

It is called VH3.96

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 
i'm a little in trouble to check this equivalent components proposed by pcb way:

original BOM: FC4SDCBMF8.0-T1    -> Proposed:    6CS08000F20UCG (lower load capacitance)
original BOM:TS2940CP33    -> Proposed:AZ2940D-3.3TRE1 (many voltage difference)
original BOM:SK54BTR        -> Proposed: SK54B (maybe identical?)

Thanks to everyone!!

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, antoniomauro said:

Hi, 
i'm a little in trouble to check this equivalent components proposed by pcb way:

original BOM: FC4SDCBMF8.0-T1    -> Proposed:    6CS08000F20UCG (lower load capacitance)
original BOM:TS2940CP33    -> Proposed:AZ2940D-3.3TRE1 (many voltage difference)
original BOM:SK54BTR        -> Proposed: SK54B (maybe identical?)

Thanks to everyone!!

Should be o.k.

On 3/9/2021 at 5:04 PM, lucky1 said:

Why don´t you look at the partnumber of the male connector in the BOM of the pcb to get the type ? 

It is called VH3.96

That's actually what I had done to find the corresponding  part I referenced in my post, just wanted to get confirmation from the expert. 

Anyway, I ordered it and it fits nicely. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received an question about the centroid file:

"there are some designators location in Centroid file and location on silkscreen layer not corresponding. Pls provide new Centroid file with correct component location."

I just used the files from the PCBWAY_ORDER_EVO128x32.zip as I did at my first batch.

I'd like to know what is going wrong.

T-I10W227797A.png

• Content Provider

I never had or heard a problem like this beeing reported. 

There are two different centroid files in the zip. One in mil and one in milimetern (mm) Mybe they took the wrong one.

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I never had or heard a problem like this beeing reported. 

There are two different centroid files in the zip. One in mil and one in milimetern (mm) Mybe they took the wrong one.

After I sent the files from github, I got this answer from pcbway:

However, the files you update Centriod file can't corresponding the Gerber file you upload previously. The PCB we manufactured as per previous Gerber file.
Is you mean re-make the boards as per new Gerber file ?

W227797ASI9_EVO128x32_GERBER (2).zip

Edited by goredaimon
Just add the gerber file