Ordering EVO PCBs at chinese manufactures questions and help

lucky1

14 hours ago, PedroFilipe said:

which controller should have the p2.5 led panel?

I heard that if the led panel comes with the  FM6126 IC controller that does not 

I don´t know where you heard all those things but so far all P2.5 panels work with pin2dmd

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, PedroFilipe said:

thanks, but still with the doubt.

to insert the firmware just plug the pc cable into the display at the mini usb port ?

like written on point 5

1) Download and install DfuSE Utility: http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stsw-stm32080.html
2) The latest PIN2DMD files can be found here https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD . For your first installation you can download all files here https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/archive/master.zip and extract them in a local folder.
3) Power the controller board using a external power supply
4) Set controller into DFU boot mode with the following procedure:
– EVO board hold DFU button – press/release the reset button – release DFU button.
5) Connect the controller board to the PC using a mini-USB cable.
6) Flash firmware using DfuSEDemo choose/upgrade function
7) Set controller into run mode and powercycle

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I made my second order on pcbway. I just received my pcb and none work.

The only difference in welding between my first order and my second is the L3 which is not in the same direction.

l3-2.thumb.jpg.c34dfa454d1e4cefbf2ab912d3668003.jpg

This bacth doesn't work (new batch)

1039213033_oldL3.jpg.32ea63581284e3949524716868ae016a.jpg

This old batch works, I don't know if the way of L3 is important.

Is there an impact?

The power LED does not light up when I connect the 12v to x1.

Hello,

Thanks lucky1 for your help.

I just check all the orientation of the diodes and all are in good way.  :(

Do you have other tips to help me.

May from Pcbway asks me to check the components, but I'm not and expert and I don't know where starting.

You could try a external 5V 4A powersupply and attach it to the SAM connector. This would bypass the DC-DC converter circuit.

I also asked you to check the components in that area for proper solder connections. Maybe with a Multimeter. Did you do that ? 

Did you check the polarization and the supply voltage of the power supply you use for testing ?

23 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You could try a external 5V 4A powersupply and attach it to the SAM connector. This would bypass the DC-DC converter circuit.

Hello lucky1,

I just try with a 5v and It works...

So i can say that the problem comes from DC converter circuit ?!

Could you say me what I need to test , to confirm that!

Now that i have been able to implant the pin2dmd bios, it starts up, i can configure it, but the screen flickers.

I tried display which does not flicker on other functional pin2dmd and it flickers too, so there is another problem. :(

Regards,

The flickering is caused by a supply voltage which is too high. 4.8V is recommended. Depending on the panels it starts to flicker at 5V.

Could you make a closeup picture of the DC-DC converter circuit ?

Hello,

Problems on this batch never stop... ?

Today, I try my 5 new pin2dmd on my Indiana Johns.

3 works perfectly (for the color, not 12vpower ?)

2 doesn’t have the good color, they are too green or too white, impossible to adjust them even by restoring the parameters of pin2dmd.

Do I need to reload the bios?

I already try to format the sdcard and re download files but nothing change..

Sounds like a bad connection / solder joint at the downside panel connector. Do you have a picture of the too white and too green panel ?
I would also resolder all connection on the DC-DC converter circuit and see if that solves the problem there. Start with the 5 pins of the XL4015
and see what happens. The bad assembly quality must be  due delay and stress of the covid lockdown. I have never experienced anything like that.