Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky1

PIN2DMD EVO - DMD multicolor now also for DE 128x16 and SEGA 192x64

Almost one year ago we presented the PIN2DMD EVO128x32 all-in-one controller board. The plug and play design received a lot of positive feedback and pinball ethusiasts from all over the world successfully built several hundred PIN2DMDs using the ordering information published on github. PIN2DMD firmware now supports Sega 192x64 display mode for almost 2 years now and is successfully running in more than 100 machines. One and a half year ago we successfully added support for DataEast 128x16 machines. To round things up I decided to also design a EVO board for my private DataEast 128x16 Checkpoint machine and my Sega 192x64 Batman FE pinball. To make sure that there are no errors in the pcb layout I ordered a test run (10 pieces) from the chinese pcb manufacturer called pcbway. They offer turnkey manufacturing service at a good price which means they not only manufacture the pcb but also source the parts and mount them on the pcb.  All infomation can be found here https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/hardware. You receive a fully functional pcb and only need mount the RGB display panels and solder the power connector for the panels to the pcb to get a fully working pin2dmd hardware. The pcb uses the original power plugs like installed in the DE and SEGA machines as these connectors supply enough amps to drive the panels (not like WPC power DMD power plugs which would get overloaded) As always pcb design can be used free by everyone no matter if for personal use, to organize a group buy or sell them in a shop. I still don´t commercially sell any hardware. Here are some pictures of my testboards. evo128x16b.thumb.jpeg.0030929782d970c9578332ca62f975de.jpegevo128x16f.thumb.jpg.8431f7b4984f857251e734ba75b9c644.jpgevo192x64b.thumb.jpg.3460759bee022f54fb05d7a20845d91e.jpgevo192x64f.thumb.jpg.5cfd43e45bf50a47363b89bf020a5a65.jpg

evo128x16c.jpeg

• Like 2

As always, Great work Lucky1!   I'm especially excited to see the 128x16 board with the built in DE controller in the single board design.   Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work on pin2dmd to date.

I know you dont sell em, but I'd still like to get one from you so I have an actual Lucky1 Pin2DMD

Thank you @lucky1 for  completing the pin2dmd evolution line-up!

Can't wait to have them in my hands