Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

Ok thanks steve, I wait the video :)

I have this Java8 ( look the file ). What is your system ? 

I test the RGB DMD on the Medieval Madness ( with VpinMame ) and I have a little " trouble ", I have a yellow picture when the frame change. 

Sorry for all the questions  -_-

post-5541-0-57041200-1448454615_thumb.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

ok new vpm version, not much changed since the one that i posted here, except potc colored rom is now working, and alos new walking dead rom, but for info, it never worked in vpinmame test program, but you can put the rom to another sam stern table if you want to test it ;)

• Content Provider

Mounted in my cab now.  Temporary mount until I make a new speaker panel, once I pick up a router:)  

Cut the frame in half and connected with some scrap plexiglass and a some pc screws.

post-3067-0-71002900-1448506299_thumb.jpg

post-3067-0-06857100-1448506303_thumb.jpg

post-3067-0-66464300-1448506305_thumb.jpg

post-3067-0-91583900-1448506246_thumb.jpg

Is there any Way to get this colors on VPinMAME ?

Of course, i know the normal function to colorize ...

if you're asking is there a way to have a clone rom that has custom colors... I also would like to know this...

I have zero clue what i'm talking about (I guess I need a rom 101 class), but can a rom animations be custom colorized and then saved as a clone of the existing rom??(then used within PinMame)... I maybe talking out my ass by asking this.... but i really dont know the answer nor why it can't be done... any insight into this would be awesome...

• Content Provider

Depends on what kind of colorization you're talking about. If its the smartDMD way then there some "special pixels" inside some of the image frames that are displayed on the dmd.

These pixels are reinterpreted to switch to an alternativ palette which gives you a much richer colorization option as you can use not only a default palette but many palettes depending

on the "scene". Vpinmame is supporting this kind of display in the latest builds afaik.

Also pin2dmd is of course supporting this, so if you are going to play such a colorized rom with vpinmame and pin2dmd connected the rgb led panel also shows all that colors and

different palettes. You only have to take care to "upload" the right palettes when the game starts (this can be done by vpinmame as well, see vpinmame doc)

br Steve 

• Content Provider

Also pin2dmd is of course supporting this, so if you are going to play such a colorized rom with vpinmame and pin2dmd connected the rgb led panel also shows all that colors and

different palettes. You only have to take care to "upload" the right palettes when the game starts (this can be done by vpinmame as well, see vpinmame doc)

Right now the upload of multiple palettes for palette switching is not supported by PinMame. So far the pin2dmd.exe has to take care of it.

• Content Provider

Here is the file needed to patch the original Stern ROM of POTC to the colored version.

To create the needed ROM file you can either use pinball browser (.pbm) or
bspatch (http://www.daemonology.net/bsdiff/)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyjghvltefppjbq/potc0600af_c.zip?dl=0

Use the latest pin2dmd.exe tool to upload the palette .dat file with /b option.

(e.g. pin2dmd.exe /b potc.dat) and the latest firmware version to use the ROM.

You also need a pinmame version supporting the patched ROM.

Archived