Pin2Dmd Color - Pindmd Compatible Interface With Led Rgb Color Dmd

lucky1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is on a virtual pinball. At first I thought it was only on Medieval Madness but not

it's on all tables.

The colors is with the Pinmame ( the last version of Arngrim ).
There is a "flash" with previous image, it's very boring ;)

Here is a video of AfM for the problem.

Hi!

Super excited over this and just installed my screen in my cab.

just som questions...

Any quick key to open VPinMAME's setup window from a playing table now when you can't right click on the DMD-window?

Also, still have problems with the most recent palette going to the next table in play, (no SDHC card in use)

am I using the wrong vpinmame.dll?

Also, the regular 3 color setup won't work. It always takes the colorized palette even when I didn't check the box.

Just want to try and run the standard 3 shades like the original state for a DMD :'(

Thanks for all the work guys

/Gustav

• Content Provider

Hi!

Super excited over this and just installed my screen in my cab.

just som questions...

Any quick key to open VPinMAME's setup window from a playing table now when you can't right click on the DMD-window?

Also, still have problems with the most recent palette going to the next table in play, (no SDHC card in use)

am I using the wrong vpinmame.dll?

Also, the regular 3 color setup won't work. It always takes the colorized palette even when I didn't check the box.

Just want to try and run the standard 3 shades like the original state for a DMD :'(

Thanks for all the work guys

/Gustav

If you don´t have the sd card installed to choose another palette when powered on, pin2dmd always starts with

16 color vga palette. You can run the pin2dmd.exe tool with /p option to choose one of the 8 default palettes.

(e.g. "pin2dmd /p 1" for red) or upload a custom palette with /t followed by the textfile name containing the palette

information. Look at the sample files here https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/tools/vb6/Binary

To use the colorize feature in pinmame you need the latest vpinmame.dll

Regards

Lucky1

• Content Provider

If your SD card isn´t working , there currently is no way to make it working.

You have to try another one or live without it. It has nothing to do

with size or brand. Too much production tolerances in china I assume.

• Content Provider

OK I cooked up a solution to load a custom color palette when you start a table, this happens whether you use PinballX or not. You place a script at the beginning and end of your table, and you place a palette file in your PIN2DMD.exe location, and change the script to point to your pin2dmd.exe location (PIN2DMD-master\tools\vb6\Binary) and that's it. Big thanks to gtxjoe for the timer help and Rascal for some vbscript pointers. Thanks to randr for bugging me til I made it and also testing

This example will use POTC colored ROM but this will work with any colored ROM and palette. Also using my VPX table.

I won't explain how to get the colored ROMs and palette.dat file since that was covered earlier, this is assuming you have those already working

rename palette.dat to potc.dat and place it in your pin2dmd folder (PIN2DMD-master\tools\vb6\Binary)

place the rom in your roms folder (you can call it potc_600af_c if you have that version of VPinMAME, it will work just fine as potc_600af though)

Open the POTC table and go to the script editor, after these lines:

Option Explicit
    Randomize

place this script:

'************ BEGIN PIN2DMD PALETTE LOADING **************
'************* thanks to Rascal and gtxjoe ***************
Const PIN2DMD = True
Const PIN2DMDDIR = "C:\PIN2DMD-master\tools\vb6\Binary"

Dim oShell
Dim WScript
Dim ORIGDIR
Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
ORIGDIR = oShell.CurrentDirectory
oShell.CurrentDirectory = PIN2DMDDIR
If PIN2DMD = True then oShell.run "pin2dmd.exe /b potc.dat",,TRUE
oShell.CurrentDirectory = ORIGDIR
Set oShell = Nothing

Dim DelayTime, StartTime
DelayTime = 0
StartTime = Timer
Do While DelayTime < 1
	DelayTime = Timer - StartTime
Loop
'************* END PIN2DMD PALETTE LOADING ***************

change the directory at the top to the location of the pin2dmd.exe (PIN2DMD-master\tools\vb6\Binary)

this changes the palette on the pin2dmd to the POTC custom palette

now at the bottom of the script, we want to add the table exit function to reset the color palette when we close the table:

'************ BEGIN PIN2DMD PALETTE RESET **************
'************ thanks to Rascal and gtxjoe **************
Sub ResetPalette
Dim rShell
Dim WScript
Set rShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
rShell.CurrentDirectory = PIN2DMDDIR
If PIN2DMD = True then rShell.run "pin2dmd.exe /c",,TRUE
Set rShell = Nothing
End Sub

Sub table1_exit():Controller.Stop:ResetPalette:End Sub
'************* END PIN2DMD PALETTE RESET ***************

and save the table. Now launch the game, you'll see the color palette change on the pin2dmd, then the game will load and all should be well. When you exit the table it will reset the pin2dmd. If you want to disable it just change PIN2DMD = True to False

I've updated this to the new color reset option implemented in the latest pin2dmd firmware - if you don't update your firmware you'll need to replace

If PIN2DMD = True then rShell.run "pin2dmd.exe /c",,TRUE

with

If PIN2DMD = True then rShell.run "pin2dmd.exe /p 1",,TRUE

to set the default color palette on table exit, or to reset the pin2dmd (not ideal for me since you hear the usb connection noises in windows)

If PIN2DMD = True then rShell.run "pin2dmd.exe /r",,TRUE

Archived