[New VP10 Alert] Fish Tales VPW

Fish Tales VPW

"Gone fishin', leave a message."

The Visual Pinball Workshop proudly presents, Fish Tales by Williams!

This table has been in the VPW development queue since December 20th, 2020. Since then, there have been many contributors. We thank them all!

VPW Fishermen
--------------------------

Blender Toolkit: Benji, fluffhead

Physics/Scripting: rothbauerw, fluffhead

Artwork: Brad1X (playfield, apron, and decal redraws), Hauntfreaks (backglass)

VR Room: Rawd and DaRdog81

VR Backglass: leojreimroc

Blender advice, Flipper and Plastic Ramp rebuilds: tomate

Editor and scripting assistance, tuning and clean-up: apophis, Sixtoe

Physics calibrations, flipper measurements, and testing: JLou

Other contributions: sheltemke, iaakki, Schlabber34, bord, redbone, Steely

3D modeling and assets (plastics and playfield scans and touch-up): g5k

3D modeling: 3rdaxis

Artwork assistance: EBisLit

Playfield Scan: Clarkkent

Table references: Kevv

Previous authors: Pinball58, Skitso

Testers: Studlygoorite, PinstratsDan, geradg, Primetime5k, DGrimmReaper, Wylte, RIK, somatik, passion4pins, JLou, Dazz, BountyBob, HauntFreaks, redbone, DarthVito, Robby King Pin, CalleVesterdahl, Colvert, HayJay, TastyWasps

---

This table is pushing the limits. If you experience performance issues, adjust the refractions probes in the Tweak Menu if you have VPX 10.8 RC1 or later, or follow the recommendations in the Performance Tip PDF attached to the download.

---

All options are in the Tweak Menu (F12):
- Refraction Probe Settings (Available in 10.8 RC1 or later) - used for performance tuning, if needed
- Ramp Cover Decals (enable/disable ramp cover decal mod)
- Playfield Reflections Options (enable/disable static or dynamic reflections)
- Side Blade z-scale for cabinet users
- VR Room options (why would anyone want anything other than the fishing scene?)
- VR Back Box topper toggle
- VR Ambient sound options
- View VR Room in desktop
- Outlane Difficulty
- Flipper Tricks Difficulty
- Volume Dial
- Ball Roll Volume
- Ramp Roll Volume
- Table Brightness
- Ball Brightness
- LUT Options (not applicable in Fishing Scene)

---

There is a DMD rom text size patch available here if you want it;

Also check out Fish Tales Altsound package by idigstuff 

• Content Provider

This table uses relatively new features that are only available in the more recent VPX 10.8.0 beta versions. To avoid any known issues, and to enjoy the full experience of this table, it’s recommended that you update to the most recent VPX version. Please don’t post issue reports until you’ve first checked that you have the latest version.  Here is the link: 

https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases/tag/v10.8.0-1873-bdd0673

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Stragedy said:

The table plays great, but for some reason, the ball is black instead of silver. What am I missing?

You need to update VPX

plays and sound great with VPX 10.8 beta 8, but when I try the latest 10-8rc1 all my sound options are f*** up and there is no rom sound at all. tried with alt sound and standard sound and different other tables. took me 2 days and taking my cab into pieces to find out. omg. any ideas? thx! (or do we have to setup rom sound some other way at rc1?)

Edited by makmak

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Got the updated VPX file but when I go to load the table it just crashes back to desktop.

Oh I suppose I should post my specs...

i9-9900K CPU

64GB RAM

12GB RTX 3080Ti

Win 10

**EDIT** FIXED so I set the preset in video options to High End PC and that seemed to work.

Edited by Sandro

• Content Provider
4 minutes ago, Anartzy said:

Any solution?  I love this table.

Thanks!!

Run 64bit VPX and then if there's a hardware limitation (GPU memory) set a maximum texture size in VPX, then follow the performance recommendations in the .pdf.

Sorry for my ignorance, but i am not able to save my adjusted camera view settings to the table. i can adjust it and save the file, but the adjusted settings are gone as soon as i reload it. i am using vpx 10.8RC1 x64.

• Content Provider
11 minutes ago, Buttergolem said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but i am not able to save my adjusted camera view settings to the table. i can adjust it and save the file, but the adjusted settings are gone as soon as i reload it. i am using vpx 10.8RC1 x64.

The new method is to save everything to an .ini and never have to touch the table file.  Hit start after adjusting your PoV to save it; when you quit out to the editor those settings aren't applied to the editor/table file.

Open in 10.8 x64 edit mode, go to preferences, video/graphics, select specific table overrides, go to max texture dimensions and select 4096 from the dropdown, go down to lower right click save changes. Close vpx, restart the table

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

Open in 10.8 x64 edit mode, go to preferences, video/graphics, select specific table overrides, go to max texture dimensions and select 4096 from the dropdown, go down to lower right click save changes. Close vpx, restart the table

I have globally set 4096 already, should try lower value for this table?

On 2/10/2024 at 11:21 PM, Cliffy said:

I dont think it can go lower than 4k? Not sure. something else could be hanging you up. 

It event happens when I open VPX and try loading the table.

1 hour ago, Magellan said:

Good day everybody, I cannot get the color DMD in VPX 10.8rc1 64bit to work.  When I can get the table to load in 32 bit, the color DMD works without issue. 

Thoughts? 

I suspect you haven't copied the 64 bit version of whomever's dmddevice64.dll into your vpinpame folder. Run the flexdmdui.exe there and it will show what you do have installed

13 hours ago, Cliffy said:

I suspect you haven't copied the 64 bit version of whomever's dmddevice64.dll into your vpinpame folder. Run the flexdmdui.exe there and it will show what you do have installed

Thank you for your prompt reply.  It tells me that I have 2.2.1.0 alongside FlexDMD.  The flexdmd itself is 1.9.  

49 minutes ago, Magellan said:

Thank you for your prompt reply.  It tells me that I have 2.2.1.0 alongside FlexDMD.  The flexdmd itself is 1.9.  

Ok thats Freezys dll's I believe. If you running the pal/vni it should work. If using the pac then you'll need Lucky1's dll's or the leaked plugin code in the dmddevice.ini

23 hours ago, Cliffy said:

Ok thats Freezys dll's I believe. If you running the pal/vni it should work. If using the pac then you'll need Lucky1's dll's or the leaked plugin code in the dmddevice.ini

Cliffy thank you for all of your help.  I still cannot get it working, but after digging more (and trying pal/vni files) it looks like overall when I use 64bit VPX no colour roms work at all.  I think I'm missing how vpinmame (64bit?) works in all of this.  So my issue is not table specific.  

I do appreciate your help.  

UPDATE:  My next google brought me to the DMDext folder, I copied the dmddevice and dmddevice64.ini files from there into the vpinmame folder and voila!!  Time to backup everything now!  

Edited by Magellan