Changing Desktop Backdrop Image of a VPX Table Makes Slingshots and Bumpers No Longer Work

CadmiumRED86

This is something that has bothered me greatly when editing tables with my own custom backdrop images and continues to discourage me from doing more.

I have a 1440p widescreen monitor (2560 x 1440) that I play VPX with and all my tables play fantastic on it.  I get a bit bored seeing a void of black or get turned off by seeing low-resolution images or images that are of low quality fill the background, and being a graphic artist I try to enhance my experience with new artwork that'll make the screen look better in my eyes.  What will happen is I will make a new custom backdrop in 4K (3180 x 2160) and use the Image Manager in VPX to Import a new PNG image backdrop, then go to the Backglass Properties area on the right side of VPX and click the DT Image dropdown window to select my new custom backdrop that was imported, play the table and it plays totally fine initially.  However, if I save the table, exit VPX, open VPX back up and play the table again.. ALL of the slingshots and bumpers everywhere on the table completely lose all functionality and no longer work.  I've tested in both 10.7 as well as the 10.8 beta and both yield the same result.  It really aggravates, frustrates, and downright angers me that any time I want to give a table a facelift, VPX tends to always give me the middle finger for trying.

Is VPX plagued with this disabled slingshot/bumper after-effect when saving custom desktop backdrop images for tables?  Can someone guide me in the right direction to getting my tables working that I've modified with new desktop backdrop images or tell me the proper procedure with importing/saving?

Edited by CadmiumRED86

• CadmiumRED86 changed the title to Changing Desktop Backdrop Image of a VPX Table Makes Slingshots and Bumpers No Longer Work