[New VP10 Alert] Cirqus Voltaire (Bally 1997) VPW Mod

Cirqus Voltaire (Bally 1997) VPW Mod

Join the Cirqus!

*25/9 - Table has not been updated, just a link added for new and lovely animated backglass by Hauntfreaks and Wildman :)

Many peoples favorite table, this started as a "lite" internal update by HayJay just to bring the physics and sound up to date, but then as everyone likes it people just chipped in with bits and pieces and it went from there :)

VPX 10.8 and VPinMame 3.6 Required

Update to Cirqus Voltaire 1.1 by Knorr, ClarkKent, Randr, Dark & Sixtoes VR Room Version

VPW Clowncar

===========

HayJay: Project Lead, nFozzy/Rothbauerw physics, Fleep Sounds, Ramp rolling sounds, various fixes.
Sixtoe: VR room, rebuilt physics objects, numerous tweaks, some texture and lighting rework, project support and guidance.
Rothbauerw: VR Backglass physically working rebuild, physics and script wizardry, general assistance and tech support.
Leojreimroc - VR backglass lighting, PWM flashers, Flupper domes.
ClarkKent: Various new HQ textures, new backbox rear transfer, lock ramp adjustment.
Apophis: Project guidance, inlane cradle collision code, script support.
Iaakki: Solutions expert, script support.
RobbyKingPin - Project support and guidance.
Wylte: Script support.
Tasty Wasps: VR flipper button animation fix.
PinStratsDan: Various advice for improvements. 
jsm174: VPX Standalone support.
VPW testing: PinStratsDan, Studlygoorite, BountyBob, TastyWasps, Shaggysrsg, RobbyKingPin, Fluffhead

A big thank you to Knorr and ClarkKent for allowing us to update this table. 

Can someone tell me how to darken the top of the side rails? They're pretty bright and lowering the exposure of the rail tops in the image editor labeled "right and left rails brighter" in photoshop has zero effect on their brightness after i've re imported them into the image manager.

Thank you!!

Edited by GordonJames

• Content Provider

@criptonite stuck when it drains how?  And what other places?

What version of VPX do you have?  Have you changed z-scale?

@TheRetroKing where by the Ringmaster is it sticking?  And by freezes, do you mean the game lags/slows?  That could be the geometry of that area making increased physics calculations; if your CPU was already borderline, I could see that tipping it over the edge.  Not sure about the more than one player issue, haven't heard that one yet, but I'd suspect a rom or input bug.

Edited by Wylte

• Content Provider
38 minutes ago, BraveNewSoma said:

The provided nvram file could use some explanation in the description. What exactly do we need this for?

It's pre-initialized and set to count hits to the Ringmaster standup targets as hits to the RM himself

Out of interest what are people using for their video settings in 10.8 - there are a huge amount of AA options which are new vs 10.7 and before
I'm running at 1080p with a 1070 and I can't ever quite seem to get the table looking as pretty as it does in some of the screenshots so I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick in the video options....

I see in the recent VPW releases some of the video settings are forced off in the table itself (AO etc) - I assume that's by design.

Another fabulous release though! I love CV - I think it's the only game I've ever hit the wizard mode in real life!

Edited by grunger106

6 hours ago, grunger106 said:

Out of interest what are people using for their video settings in 10.8 - there are a huge amount of AA options which are new vs 10.7 and before
I'm running at 1080p with a 1070 and I can't ever quite seem to get the table looking as pretty as it does in some of the screenshots so I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick in the video options....

I see in the recent VPW releases some of the video settings are forced off in the table itself (AO etc) - I assume that's by design.

Another fabulous release though! I love CV - I think it's the only game I've ever hit the wizard mode in real life!

Try enabling DSR functionality in the NVIDIA control panel and choose the 3840 x 2160 resolution. Then apply that resolution on Windows (keep the size of text option at 100%) and VPX disabling all Supersampling, Post-processed AA, and Sharpen options. I don't know how much power has a 1070 card, but it works flawlessly in my 3060Ti. Also Take note that after changing your desktop resolution you must relocate your DMD, and backglass screens position, and the same with Pop-Up screens!

NVidia 3D settings.jpg

VPX Video settings.jpg

Edited by Terrada

Firstly, this table is awesome, I've played it constantly since install...still suck at it though.

Is it possible to have the on table DMD colorized?  This is just a curious question.  Secondly, Is there a backglass that has the cannon function show graphically well?

Edited by hannaclan13

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, hannaclan13 said:

Is it possible to have the on table DMD colorized?  This is just a curious question.

Not yet, sadly.

4 hours ago, hannaclan13 said:

Secondly, Is there a backglass that has the cannon function show graphically well?

HF's new one, on this site and linked from this file!

15 hours ago, hannaclan13 said:

Firstly, this table is awesome, I've played it constantly since install...still suck at it though.

Is it possible to have the on table DMD colorized?  This is just a curious question.  Secondly, Is there a backglass that has the cannon function show graphically well?

The built in vpm dmd cannot be colored as yet but you can fake it pretty good using the external dmd. I made a glass texture that blends fairly well with the tables dmd cover so it looks kinda built in :)

cv-VPW1.3-haunt-b2s2.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/4/2023 at 3:18 AM, hannaclan13 said:

i have it working on my setup so yes color dmd is possible. Can't remember by now, but you have to get .pac dmd to work, search here on vpu, and find tutorial I use ultra dmd and flex also

found it this is pal file.

side note I only play VR, and it just put color dmd on when I use it first time no position setting up, but maybe you need that on DT and cabinet

Edited by Thomzen69

• 2 weeks later...